door window frame sticker

kcorro

doorbo6.jpg

recently found out that the door window frame is covered by a sticker. did you know this? black cars however are an exception which is actually colour coded but for all other colours such as cascade blue and white the frame is covered by a matt black sticker.

has anyone removed the sticker? though toyota pride themselves on high quality it would be a gamble as there may be blemishes underneath the sticker. i think only enthusiasts would notice the mod but if you did it your car would be different.

it would take a long time to do aswell but i already have experience of removing window tint from my windows. i am thinking about doing this one.

im running out of things to pull off my car.. debadged everything except the TOYOTA badge on the rear hatch door!

if you do it first as the guinea pig and it works out for ya, ill follow your lead :P

edit- actually just went outside 2 take a look at the car...

taking a look of the lines that start from the mirrors that continue all the way to the baci actually kinda like the fact the paint was covered over! the car would look slightly odd in my opinion so ima keep my black stickers on.

Edited by JJCRU23R

We had a car sprayed and they stupidly sprayed the sticker as well, thats how we found out bout the sticker.

Dunno what colour is underneath but if anyone is interested i can get a photo with a levin with complete white doors so u can see if u like it

yea thatll be interesting to see...

with my rolla, it seems that the black stickers blend with the tinted windows really well and the mirrors sorta dissapear into it as well. makes the whole upper side of the rolla look like 1 massive black window and i kinda like it as is.

if i was to remove the black stickers, then the silver paint will basically split the front and rear windows and would kinda make the car a bit more plain... im just thinking about aesthetics... the stickers were put there for some reason...

i dont think ill be doing this 1

Edited by JJCRU23R

We had a car sprayed and they stupidly sprayed the sticker as well, thats how we found out bout the sticker.

Dunno what colour is underneath but if anyone is interested i can get a photo with a levin with complete white doors so u can see if u like it

I thought it was cos Toyota didn't give us the stickers...

Anyway on the white Levin I think it looks great, looks as if it should be like that, assuming it's painted body-colour underneath like ours, but I can't see a reason why it would be any other colour but that :huh:

Marcus I might consider this mod based on further research

If u dont mind would u please b able to post it... Thanks ;) :)

I thought it was cos Toyota didn't give us the stickers...

Anyway on the white Levin I think it looks great, looks as if it should be like that, assuming it's painted body-colour underneath like ours, but I can't see a reason why it would be any other colour but that :huh:

Marcus I might consider this mod based on further research

nup we only replaced the skin remember, so the frame was already stickered, until they painted the entire door white. im pretty sure its normally silver underneath already. and you'd have to do the mirror holder, and the window seal and... hang on i'll get a pic

Photo-0330.jpg

I still reckon it would be good for Marcus' "clean" look. Only problem is, if you don't like it then it's virtually irreversible :unsure:

I think it looks good either way, black as it is or body-coloured... Who's gonna notice except ZZE purists

• 3 weeks later...

Probably best to go to the wreckers and peel one off to see if it is painted underneath. That way no-ones car has to be the gunea pig

Good idea Carlo I'll check it out on one of our munted ones

If it loks crap try cover it with the carbon fibre look vinyls

thats not a bad idea.. but the original stickers are real thin.. how thick are those carbon fibre look stickers?