Got new rims. but wot color?

DuGong

I recon black would look hot!! :D Are those 17's?

Is your car lowered or running stock shocks?

yes it is lowerd on "LOWS" on stock shocks.

yes they are 17's.

wat is the difference between painting normally and powder coating it? i hear u guys talk aboutu it but unsure of the diff.

P1020782.jpg

P1020783.jpg

wasnt me driving it.

Edited by DuGong

well me and vyet painted mine and its ok at the start but after it gets really dirty and hard to clean off and peels not that much but peels if u and it cost heaps cheaper and its fun to do

if u powder coat it it will look awsome!!! nice and shinny finished product and wont peel so easy but will cost u a bit cuz u have to take of the tyres and probly cost u around 50-80 each rim to powder coat

i had mine powder coated and it cost me 200$ to get it done including having the rims taken on and off

heres what they look like before

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...ost&id=2859

and as u can see in my avatar after

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...ost&id=3117

so its not as cheap as spraying it yourself but it is a much more professional look it just depends if you wanna go cheap and look good or spend a bit more and look good but will last longer as it doesnt peel as easy :D the choice is all about prefference really what do you want to do that is the question at the end of the day??

awesome.. how long did it take?

where did you do it.. 200 all up..

did they remove and install they rubber for u too?

it took all day to do started in the morning at my place and bought a car jack and some wood to put the car on while the wheels where getting done

took the car down to a tyre place near by in burwood had the tyres removed from the rims 20$ for all 4

then took the rims down to the powder coating place in auburn a commercial place my dad does work with for his alluminium frames so i got it done for 120$ as its a work friend it was cheap for me to get the 4 rims powder coated black

then had the rims put back on the tyres after waiting 3 days for the rims to COMPLETELY DRY as their is alot of force involoved to get the tyres back onto the rim and counter weights are used to balance the rim you want the rim as dry as possible so they dont rip or chip the powder coating off (this happened on the inside of my rim on 3 rims as they had to relocate the counter weights for the rim it removed the paint with it but it isnt to noticable as i sprayed over it with black high temp paint it was only like the size of a matchbox in size so no biggie

and to get the rims put back onto the tyres was 61$

so yea i no it was cheap because my dad knew the powder coater (its good to have family members in the right business lol) so i dunno if you can get it that cheap but maybe 150-200 for the time to be powder coated sounds like a fair price from the sounds of what the tyre place was telling me so yea

awesome.. how long did it take?

where did you do it.. 200 all up..

did they remove and install they rubber for u too?

it took all day to do started in the morning at my place and bought a car jack and some wood to put the car on while the wheels where getting done

took the car down to a tyre place near by in burwood had the tyres removed from the rims 20$ for all 4

then took the rims down to the powder coating place in auburn a commercial place my dad does work with for his alluminium frames so i got it done for 120$ as its a work friend it was cheap for me to get the 4 rims powder coated black

then had the rims put back on the tyres after waiting 3 days for the rims to COMPLETELY DRY as their is alot of force involoved to get the tyres back onto the rim and counter weights are used to balance the rim you want the rim as dry as possible so they dont rip or chip the powder coating off (this happened on the inside of my rim on 3 rims as they had to relocate the counter weights for the rim it removed the paint with it but it isnt to noticable as i sprayed over it with black high temp paint it was only like the size of a matchbox in size so no biggie

and to get the rims put back onto the tyres was 61$

so yea i no it was cheap because my dad knew the powder coater (its good to have family members in the right business lol) so i dunno if you can get it that cheap but maybe 150-200 for the time to be powder coated sounds like a fair price from the sounds of what the tyre place was telling me so yea

bem ti misa david :P u have connections everywhere!!! tanks to ur dad :P