lotus exige cop car

hahahaha thats hilarious ... i.e. the reason y they gave it 2 them ..... yeah son here is ur defect oh and i know we r harassing u but hey look we r driving a really cool car so u dont need 2 give us a hard time do u ? hahahahahha just comical ..... i think the article should read something along the lines ..... cops get boost to ego by now fitting in and not looking out of place on young car scene when parking at maccas or kk's :lol: :lol: :lol:

^

Yeah they want respect etc... drop the attitude that some cops have towards certain car enthusiasts, a nice car wont do much when your getting fined for something petty because someone is on a power trip.

And I think its ridiculous as well the cops accepting the Lotus, they are essentially advertising for that company... its kinda like a bribe although instead of handing over cash they hand over a $100,000 car for free

Edited by aussie_camry

I think they went all out n got the Exige 240R (Supercharged version) by the looks of the article!

nah its just the normal exige, same power as the sportivos, can easy tell from the pic as there is no scoop in the rear hatch of the car over the engine fo where the intercooler would be.

^

The car was free, its only on lease essentially ;).

nah its just the normal exige, same power as the sportivos, can easy tell from the pic as there is no scoop in the rear hatch of the car over the engine fo where the intercooler would be.

Im not expert, but looking at redbook there is only the supercharged version (If you were saying it isnt that is... I have no idea what the models are). And they mention in the article how the car is powerful enough to beat V8s, I somehow dont think a naturally asperated 1.8L could do that, no matter how well tuned / technologically advanced the engine may be.

Edited by aussie_camry

^

Im not expert, but looking at redbook there is only the supercharged version (If you were saying it isnt that is... I have no idea what the models are). And they mention in the article how the car is powerful enough to beat V8s, I somehow dont think a naturally asperated 1.8L could do that, no matter how well tuned / technologically advanced the engine may be.

engine is one thing, weight is another, so just because its a 1.8 natural aspirate engine dont mean it cant beat a big engine v8, lotus 111r( which is 1.8 natural aspirate toyota engine, same as sportivo and celica) is able to sprint from 0-100 in 5.2 seconds, a holden VY SS can only make it into 6 seconds, so a whole second faster, because lotus is soooo light

^

Looking @ all the pics on carsales i got no idea what ur refering 2 corey as they both look identical ..... :lol: :lol: :lol: ..... wat was interesting however is it appears in aus our charged exige never got the full 240HP but rather a mild 215HP like the t-sport compressor in the UK ......

LOTUS EXIGE S

LOTUS EXIGE

And aussie_camry dont forget the car weight on these things is stupidly light .... around 900kg mark i think ... as such it makes the N/A version highly competative with the v8's .... just checked the Jan 06 of motor and its quoted with a 0-100km/h time of 5.06 sec .... carsales states its 5.2 and a stagering 4.3 for the charged version (the aussie one) im sure the 240R broke into the 3's i think it was like 3.8 sec 0-100km/h when they tested it on topgear..... now last time i checked i dont even think the commy's or fords V8's come even close 2 this ;) ;) ;) ;)

There was actually a short segment on the news on this car the other day, and it was noted that this vehicle is not being used as a highway pursuit car or patrol car. Take a look, where are the lights and sirens....Although there is a facility for lights to be attached, It is actually only being used as a Community Liaison Vehicle....

gallery_421_19_108583.jpg

gallery_421_19_213639.jpg

Guest JDM y0 !

whoa !! im in shock. nobody would be out running the porice in one of those bad boyz ! lighter weight than most cars so they can brake later, the lotus even accelerates fast too. i dont know how to feel about police having one.... i have very mixed feelings