New Corolla at Melbourne Motor Show

I'll be going on Saturday. If it's there I'll take some pics.

I read in Mellors it was there . That's why I put up the post. Pity it was not available for the recent Brissy show.

TOYOTA has given its redesigned Corolla its first public outing Down

Under, with the all-new version of Australia’s most popular small car

taking centre stage at this morning’s Melbourne motor show opening

OMG!

What have they done with our sexy Corolla! I was at the motor show last Saturday and I almost puked when I seen the new Corolla in the flesh :o Seriously it looks like a over blown Yaris and the only feature that appealed to me was the projector headlights which I've always wanted for my Rolla <3 :wub:

Guys! Don't even bother trying to like it I really don't think that it will ever grow on me and ALSO TRD was going to get their hands on it but now they have decided to go with the Yaris instead :wacko: Now that really paints a picture.

I think the Rally version above shows the shape has potential. It just needs the right treatment. Personally, I didn't like the look of my model Corolla when it first came out, then two years later I bought a new one.

The tiny wheels and 4x4 suspension do it no justice. I'm surprised they had a production version on the stand instead of the pimped up gold version like the launch o/seas to attract more attention.

Oh gosh what have they done with the old sexy piece of @55?!!!! :o :( Looks anorexia on the hips with a wide booty still...

Liking the face but but but... overall it's not the same :(

Will have to get used to it like the Echo when it first came out...

But I agree, need to see one all kitted out...

Edited by bluesteel

It also looks like a much taller vehicle. I wonder if the seating will be similar to the echo/yaris where you sit very upright bus-driver-seat style? If so, it will loose any pretense of sportiness (I know, i have both).

I thought this information has already been leaked? well since it hasn't, i am proud to announce that the new model corolla will hit the streets in May 2007.

even more exciting information, the Tuesday just gone by i just ordered our stock of the new corolla's. They are now officially producing our corolla's in Japan. I don't have the paperwork here, but there are several models in the range.

Ascent (Hatch and Sedan)

- with option of a sport model (alloys and spoiler most likely)

- with a luxury option (can't remember what the extras are)

Conquest (Hatch and Sedan)

- a few extras i can't remember

Levin (Hatch only)

- now has a moon roof option

Ultima (Sedan)

i have ordered a wildfire manual levin with moonroof for my drive car when it arrives :yahoo:

any other questions please just ask

cheers

Melvin

any idea when we are going to see it on sale? as im looking to add another rolla to the ranks...

Toyota say 2nd quarter this year. Who really knows though. May probably.

May is correct, I work for TMCA and company leasing on the Corollas has seised until May as the new model will be released then.

with every new shape of car there will always be swings and round-a-bouts getting used to it.

I do think it looks like a blown-up yaris. That said, the yaris does look good and a big borther version works

2 cents added to the money tin :D