Before and After

Yet again the TRD CAI has shown itself to be one of the best bang for your buck (TRD) upgrades that we can do for both the 1zz-fe and the 2zz-ge engines :D

With an average of 6 - 8 kW at the wheels improvement :blink:

YAY for northy :) :D :P

Not trying to crash the party but didn't we mention before that dyno results will be more acurate if the car is dynoed on the same day same time same settings. I see that Northy got his car dynoed 3 weeks apart. It would be more accurate if you have the mod on site ready to be fitted after the initial baseline dyno. That way you minimise discrepencies. The CAI is still a great mod though and i have no doubt it improves horsepower and torque but how much is too difficult to tap.

the latest dyno dynamics software in shootout mode works on road speed, it's quite good with only 1-2kw difference between 3rd and 4th. You have to select the gear that keeps the road speed within a certain range.

Not trying to crash the party but didn't we mention before that dyno results will be more acurate if the car is dynoed on the same day same time same settings. I see that Northy got his car dynoed 3 weeks apart. It would be more accurate if you have the mod on site ready to be fitted after the initial baseline dyno. That way you minimise discrepencies. The CAI is still a great mod though and i have no doubt it improves horsepower and torque but how much is too difficult to tap.

I know this would be ideal but somtimes you just cant do it, as for the 5th gear it would be running the dyno @ over 220km/h prolly more??

Is 82 KW @ wheels the sort of power i can be expecting from my 1zzfe?

Cos your power figures are quite impressive.

I was sorta under the impression that stock would only net me about 72-75 kw...

We've been through this before with Northy in previous posts but apparently the place he went, the Dyno gives dodgey results (but consistent) but I think the final idea was for him to keep going to the same place for continuity and to monitor HIS progress the best, not as absolute value. But the gains he's seen are good, keep it up Northy! B)

the new 04 Corollas seem to have more power then the 02 model, when i got mine done there was another Corolla there an 02 model and it got 78 (i think) it was about that. Other thing is that mine has just done 6000km and most of the dyno's around the forums have been done a bit later in life.

Blue_Sportivo_VVTLi: after looking into it more and talking to the guys that were doing the dyno, the new 2004 software Dynamics Software is a bit diff to the older ones so thats why we were thinking the results were dodgy but now Im pretty sure they are pretty spot on

when i got mine done there was another Corolla there an 02 model and it got 78 (i think) it was about that. Other thing is that mine has just done 6000km and most of the dyno's around the forums have been done a bit later in life.

Geeezz Northy, get it right :P

its an 03 Levin (all be it Jan 03) and i got 79.0KW :P

Plus I have done just under 35000K's

:lol::lol::lol:

went for a dyno last night with the K&N pod and the results were not that great infact i went backwards the K&N ended up @ 86.2kw as shao and I said the K&N doesn't sound as harsh as the TRD so tomorrow the TRD goes back on.

TRD is the blue plot and the K&N in the red plot

TRDKN.jpg

and here is one comparing all 3, stock (pink), K&N (green) and TRD (red)

ALL3.jpg