Mt Baw Baw

Hello all,

I went on a cruise today with OzCruise up Mt Baw Baw.

Lot of fun, but just some information about what happened to me today up there.

Normally I'd be driving and concentrating on nothing but the road and my gear changes; not burning out my brakes etc.

Anyway, we were stuck for a good 10 minutes behind a 4WD driving at around 40-50km/h. Due to lack of concentration on the road, probably due to boredom and frustration of driving so slow, I looked to my right window which was half opened and noticed a massive wasp on the inside, crawling around. To try and get it out I brought the window down more and instead the wasp landed on my seat behind me, and by the time I looked at the road we had approached a corner veering right.

I over steered my stivo and hit the gravel on the side, sending me into an uncontrolable slide thanks to me applying the brakes. I veered through 2 corners in the slide, managed not to send myself off the edge and instead hit one of those plastic white pole things on the side of the road and got air born over a 1meter hole on the side of the road and when the car stopped I thought it was totalled or something and that I'd be stuck in this hole.

I stepped out of the car and my rear driver side tyre was in the air, over the hole. I made my way all around the car and noticed not one bit of damage. My front lip got pushed up a little that I snapped some of the clips holding the fog light covers and pushed up the driver side of the bumper bar slightly.

Nothing major and pure luck. Didn't get a flat tyre, didn't stuff my steering. Just need to buy a new fog light cover thing (which has its part number on the back of it anyway) and get my front bumper re-aligned properly and some respraying to fix up the light scratching that didn't even get through the paint.

<wipes sweat off forehead> whew.

Anyway, drive with your windows up and no matter what, always concentrate on the road and nothing else. If you're gonna get bitten, get bitten. It's better than your life or car being totalled.

Samuel.

Thank that guardian angel looking over your shoulder!

(I believe they are Toyota part SH3W or PH3W)

Live to drive another day, Samuel. Try not to let it replay through your head to much about how else you could have handled it (I know from experience). Just be thankful you walk away with nothing more than replacing an inconsequential piece of plastic.

Edited by theDefiant1

Dang! Good to hear that your alright, As the Defiant1 said dont think about it anymore, its in the past and theres nothing you can do about it now, let it go. :) Lucky it wasn't too much damage.

Lucky your alright man. My mum did something similar once. She was driving and was trying to get rid of a huge bush fly looking thing and ended up on the other side of the road n hit a car. Thank *** it was a 4WD rodeo ute n we bounced off his front wheel n tyre (no damage to his car but a bit to hers (which is now my car)).

Moral is concentrate on the road!

Edited by grima88