Rear parcel remove

NDH

Hi

I am a new owner of 2003 Camry , I want to replace the rear speaker and front speaker , but How to remove the rear parcel to gain access to the speakers, and how to remove front door trim as I did not see any screws , please help.

Regards

NDH

I am assuming it is very similiar to the gen4. You have to take the rear seats off.

The pews on the bottom is only held on by 2 clips which just pops off with some force. Stick you fingers under the seat about 40cm from one side and just yank upwards, this should unpop it. And do the same with the other one.

Then you'll need to take the curtain bit of the back rests off, held by a bolt on the bottom and a latch. Once you undo the bolt, push the seats towards the back of the car and lift upwards at he same time.

You'll need to undo the bolts for the seat belts too

Then take the quarter trim bits off. this is held on by about 4-5 clips and will take some patience and probably minor cuts. Start from the top, it should unlatch from the other trim bit and then wedge it open a little and shine a torch in there. You'll be able to see one of the clips, using something like a clip remover or a flat tool such as wire cutters/strippers, you should be able to pop this off. You'll need to take time and try and pop it out straight or clips will break. And slowly work your way down to the parcel shelf

Then the parcel shelf should be held on by 2 clips and a bolt (the child restraint bolt. Undo the bolt and uncover the 2 other child restraint bolt covers. Using the 2 formerly covered holes, lift it up and it should pop off.

Thread the seat belt through and voila you see speakers! but just a note of warning you will see speakers which are held on by 3 screws. To put aftermarket speakers in you will need to cut an mdf ring if you want it to sound remotely good.

Do the opposite to put everything back together! I've done this a million times in my car already lol

Edited by Un4given

Hi

Thank alot Un4given, I've already bought the 6" * 9" speakers , and these kept take place in the boot , I will try install them on the weekend , thank again.

Regards

NDH