HELP!!! Need to drill out one of the hub bolts

Long story short, i have a stripped wheel nut, cant get my wheels off, 3 tyre joints couldnt do it. Did everything I could think of possible, so i have to drill out one of the hub bolts (2005 Corolla Stivo). Now I just want know if i can remove and replace the hub bolts seperatley on a corolla seperately or do i need a whole new front axle hub bolt assembly.

find urself a cheap socket (doesnt matter what drive 3/8 or 1/2 would help)thats just a lil smaller than the nut to be removed,line it up and ..............BAM( more like lil taps an stuff) hammer that baby on,hOPEFULLY the hex would grip the nut without breaking the socket itself & breaker bar the baby off,I know its sounds barbaric..but IT WORKS (well for me!! & FYI I'm not a butcher this just works in the situtation at hand)when u use 'soft' or non OE nuts this just happens sometimes

find urself a cheap socket (doesnt matter what drive 3/8 or 1/2 would help)thats just a lil smaller than the nut to be removed,line it up and ..............BAM( more like lil taps an stuff) hammer that baby on,hOPEFULLY the hex would grip the nut without breaking the socket itself & breaker bar the baby off,I know its sounds barbaric..but IT WORKS (well for me!! & FYI I'm not a butcher this just works in the situtation at hand)when u use 'soft' or non OE nuts this just happens sometimes

if the wheel nut sticks out enough weld a metal stick onto it and turn it :D we had to do that with some header nuts that were threaded!

Ive got an inverted type wheel nut with a round whole now with nowhere to grip since its mostly resesed. chisel and hammer dont work and reverse threaded high tensile nuts just strip or shear the bolt. I cut a section out of the nut to get leverage but ive broken 2 massive scredrivers, plyers and some drill bits. I thought about welding but id prob flake the finish off the alloy from the heat. For 6 bux, i think im gonna drill out the stud.

Edited by VVTLiR

toyota changed one of my studs. they charged $6 for the part and i think it was $25 for labour. i had aftermarket wheels and lowered suspension they did not care.

even with the modifications they gave warranty on new brake pads and rotors all corners :)

i just needed to pay for the stud

Edited by kcorro

so is #1 the nut kinda rounded... or is #2 the nut just stuck into the bolt and the threads on the actual bolt r screwed???

coz my bolts were kinda screwed up a couple of months ago n i fixed it myself... its not the same car but should work the same... if it's #2 then...

just get a wheel wrench and put a long pipe into one of the ends (more leverage) and just torque shear the nut off the bolt

take the wheel off

take the caliper, rotor and the hub off

use a hammer or a rubber mallet and pound the bolt off the hub

get new bolt, position it into place in the hub then use a new nut on the other side of the hub to pull the bolt in until it's all the way through

put everything back n off u go

i dont fully understand what yall mean by "drilling it out".

how would you safely do this without screwing up the rims or anything else surrounding the bolt?

do you drill it several times on different parts or just once through the middle?

have you got a pic of the bolt after youve drilled it?>

this would be really good reference info if some1 tried to steal my stockys hahaha

Edited by JJCRU23R