Rubbing Noise

This morning on the way to work..

this noise started coming from my front left wheel..like the there is something rubbing every time the wheel does a rotation...it is not constant but happens once every rotation..

i pulled over and couldnt see anything wrong..so dorve back home and got my bros car to go to work...im thinking its another drive shaft problem..

i got it wheel aligned last week and they didnt spot anything wrong.

these coilovers have really screwed my car up lol....so all of you that are thinking of getting coilovers...

ok u get excellent handling....but **** me dead they screw up your car lol..

or it could be just the all the water from the rain drying up and making something stiff or something...i dont know.....fricken ****s me lol

Could just be some crap build up on your discs.... if you don't have water restirctions, hit them with a high pressure cleaner (Gerni or the like)....

I had a similar sounding noise once and it went after I blasted the discs with water when I washed the car....

This morning on the way to work..

this noise started coming from my front left wheel..like the there is something rubbing every time the wheel does a rotation...it is not constant but happens once every rotation..

i pulled over and couldnt see anything wrong..so dorve back home and got my bros car to go to work...im thinking its another drive shaft problem..

i got it wheel aligned last week and they didnt spot anything wrong.

these coilovers have really screwed my car up lol....so all of you that are thinking of getting coilovers...

ok u get excellent handling....but **** me dead they screw up your car lol..

did u have some new tyre put in, i once have this noise after i put some new rubber in with my older car, went back to the tyre place but they reckon some one didnt machined the brake disc.... but that wont be the case cause i didnt even touch the brakes!! maybe your tyre??

or it could be just the all the water from the rain drying up and making something stiff or something...i dont know.....fricken ****s me lol

I dont know how this happened but the problem was that the silver part that goes under the the rings that hold the spring up was rubbing on the tyre...

lucky i turned back to go home or else i would of had one major problem on my hands....

ive moved it further in now so it doesnt rub...

**** these coilovers.....im thinking about going back to stock!!!

D2

D2's are sh*t simple as that.

gotta pay real money to get quality these days.

I think he got some dodgy 2nd hand ones :huh:

I got new D2's and had them fitted properly -> not a single problem ;)

What you pay is what you get, d2's seem to have alot of problems on installation, espically when the sway bar end links hitting the coil body, but once fitted right it is fine...

Reason why there is always probelms is the installer.. also because the d2's aint well designed for the car but mainly becasue installer wont check as long as its on everything else is not their problem.

And lowering ur car can damage ur cv boot. its not the D2 it happens with anything.

D2

D2's are sh*t simple as that.

gotta pay real money to get quality these days.

I think he got some dodgy 2nd hand ones :huh:

I got new D2's and had them fitted properly -> not a single problem ;)

he bought em brand new in the group buy on the forums.

I believe installer has something to do with it, but they are a total b*tch to install.

Like I said, gotta spend real money to get quality

The actual coils were 2nd hand..i got brand new D2 shocks..

I dont think it is the installation either cos i have had them on since before xmas....

I think its just best to avoid pot holes and speed humps as much as possible when you coilovers..

the previous problem was the cv joint boot had split...and all the grease has come out...the cvs still make a bit of noise on full lock..

but this last problem is totally weird...im still trying to figure out how that silver thing managed to turn itself out and come into contact with the tyre..

i drove to work today and no problem...

i think you have the coilovers that were originally mine and if that is so your d2 are version 1 since i was the first in australia to have them in 2003. because i sold them to someone who got a set of new shocks.

the group buy that happened a few months ago members would have got version 2. version 2 is better designed.