Replacement high performance battery for Aurion

-DAvo

Hey everyone,

Not sure if I should be posting this in the "workshop submission" section, as due to my noobness electrical knowledge I am not sure if the batteries will be different between car models.

Basically my situation is - I am wanting to replace my battery for a higher performance battery, as I find myself powering a number of electrical items in the car that were not intended from the factory. (such as a upgraded sound system, HID lights, LED bumper brake lights, interior foot well LED lighting)

now i do have plans on adding more power to my sound system with the swapping of my alpine MRP amps to some more powerful PDX amps, and i dont want to be straining my existing stock battery. am currently set up with Alpine MRP M500 mono block, alpine MRP 4 channel amp, Rockford 140Amp Circuit Breaker, Rockford Distribution Block, Rockford RCA Leads, 4 & 8 Gauge Power Cable

can anyone recommend a good quality battery which will serve my needs? and am i even headed down the right track in upgrading the battery?

Thanks in advance smile.gif

Are all those enhancements to be used when the car is off? Or only when running?

If the latter is the case, then you don't need to upgrade the battery, as the alternator takes care of all your electrical needs when the engine is running (whether or not the alternator is up to the task is a different matter)

Are all those enhancements to be used when the car is off? Or only when running?

If the latter is the case, then you don't need to upgrade the battery, as the alternator takes care of all your electrical needs when the engine is running (whether or not the alternator is up to the task is a different matter)

the only thing that will regularly be run when the car is not running is the headunit, as i watch movies while waiting to pick the missus up from work (approx 20-30mins max)

thanks for your input Hiro :)

the only thing that will regularly be run when the car is not running is the headunit, as i watch movies while waiting to pick the missus up from work (approx 20-30mins max)

thanks for your input Hiro :)

Do you use the speakers/amp etc when watching the movies? Or is it headphones? If you're running the full sound system for half an hour a longer-rated battery would probably be a good idea (deep cycle too, they handle big discharges better), wouldn't need to be "bigger" (ie higher CCA) though.

Basically my situation is - I am wanting to replace my battery for a higher performance battery, as I find myself powering a number of electrical items in the car that were not intended from the factory. (such as a upgraded sound system, HID lights, LED bumper brake lights, interior foot well LED lighting)

Sound System - Yes you will be infact drawing more current (will your alternator cope).

HID Lighting - Your actually saving power, HID don't use as much current as filament bulbs.

LED Brake Lights / Foot well LED Lighting - LED's draw 2/3 of &%#@ all, so don't factor anything running LED's into your power draw estimations as it will be in the relm of milliwatts.

Steve

Here is a thread that I started in the Kluger section;

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=27410

I hope this helps you answer some questions...

The standard Aurion battery is a Toyota/Century 55D23L and the high performance version of this battery is the "58" which has a RRP of $160.00

Hope this helps :)

If your wanting to spend around the $400 mark optima yellow tops d35. Have one in my car.