Toyota Vs Toyota

Soloman

My Aurion vs a 1992 Corolla

Was turning off a main st to a side st and someone comming from the side st did not see me and hit me right in the drivers side door.

My car is drive-able, hers couldent move.. Cracked raditor and all the front pushed up against the frount right tyre.

Accident was at about 45kms. no airbag went off.. Can not open the drivers door from the outside only the inside and that only works 50% of the time. They rekon it might be a write off as the pilla(between the fron and back door, part of the chassie) has a big dent in it.

pics up soon..

EDIT: http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn56/so...19062008123.jpg

Pic up

Edited by Soloman

they should be able to fix that..

my sister had an accident in my mum's old 93 camry... similar story to yours, but it was on the passenger side and much worse...

they fixed that... so unfortunately/fortunately it will most likely be repaired.

Im suprised the Curtain airbags didn't go off!!! at a 45km/h impact, Damage doesnt look that bad from the picture though...

i would b worried if it went off.. if insurance is paying for the damages, then fine; if not.. hell look at that bill that is coming soon..

What about the Corolla? Any photos?

Considering ANCAP side impact is 50km/h I wonder if you were Tboned at a much slower speed.

The shock factor can make it feel like higher speed.

I imagine they should pop out the curtain airbags unless there is next to zero chance of you hitting the head on the window and stuff.

You're not injured at all right?

If this makes you feel better the BMW X3 SUV scored worse than the Aurion by about 3 ANCAP points.

Edited by tekkyy

im fine..just had a sore head from hitting my head on the roof a little bit of blood and a brused head.. i got more photos just gotta upload them and will do that soon..

She has insurance(so do i) and she already admitted it was her fault. so just got to arrange quotes.. first quote i got was $9300.

They were saying they will replace both back and front door and the side skirt.

All electronics dont work in the drivers door so speaker, windows and mirror will have to be re-wired..

They will have to re-spray almost half of the car.. thats why i think its soo expensive.

The dent i was talking about on the piller has to be looked at by a Engineer(insurance companys orders) and given the all clear before they will give the ok to repair.

Edited by Soloman

Head and blood. Not good. Hope your ok.

If there are any signs of dizziness or strange vision you should see your doctor immediately.

I am not impressed the airbags didn't pop up.

Which part of the roof did you hit? The bit that joins with the windshield or side window?

Presuming its not the bit immediately above you since its a side impact.

Im suprised the Curtain airbags didn't go off!!! at a 45km/h impact, Damage doesnt look that bad from the picture though...

i would b worried if it went off.. if insurance is paying for the damages, then fine; if not.. hell look at that bill that is coming soon..

Yeah on a payoff level i would be ******...

I was looking at a Safety level. 45kmh is pretty fast, and especially going to a Tbone situation you only have a door stopping that engine bay slamming into you...

We had a similar accident in the corolla, our driver door could not be opened from the outside (only via the inside). They repaired ours by putting a new skin onto the door =)

your damage looks repairable.. =)

Sorry to hear about your incident and good to see you are still OK.

As you've found out, it's not a cheap repair exercise considering the amount of stuff inside a door

When you go and pick it up again, inspect every detail and inspect it again before leaving the panel beaters. Red is a difficult colour to mix and get right, which is why they have to practically respray the whole right hand side of the car in order to blend it to the existing panels. This is why there is a need to inspect, inspect and inspect some more.

Something that I also do is get the repairer to print you a copy of the itemised bill, which can contain some useful info.

-m_luke

For me, it was to know what was involved in the repair work:

- What parts were replaced

- Amount of labour involved to remove, refit, respray, etc.

- Total cost of repairs

The repair bill may or may not include photos taken by the repair shop that was submitted to the insurance company for assessment.

As I drive a Gen5.5 Camry, I used the description of parts and necessary work described in the bill and compared it to the collision repair manual that I downloaded to gain a better understanding of the structural parts within the car that I drive; just taking advantage of a bad situation.

-m_luke

• 1 month later...

damn 9 grand like u say good thing u aint payin :D :D :D

i nearly smashed into a vp commodore today out near the robo barracks the tool just pulled straight out in front me while i was turnin def felt the abs do its thing anyway