Fuel test today - 98 Octane

mpresara

Had to go to Canberra today so thought I would do a test. Filled up with Shell V-Power 98 and headed back to Sydney. Set the Cruise on 115kph and at times accelerated to about 130kph for overtaking.

Pretty soon my tank average was down to 7.8l/100k and I thought this is about right. The average continued to fall and after 100km it was at 7.5l/100k. I thought great it can't go much lower. At 200km it was sitting on 7l/100k and stayed at this level until I arrived home after a 288km trip.

Interested to see if anyone else has achieved this of better. Best previous on 95 E10 was 7.7l/100k

Had to go to Canberra today so thought I would do a test. Filled up with Shell V-Power 98 and headed back to Sydney. Set the Cruise on 115kph and at times accelerated to about 130kph for overtaking.

Pretty soon my tank average was down to 7.8l/100k and I thought this is about right. The average continued to fall and after 100km it was at 7.5l/100k. I thought great it can't go much lower. At 200km it was sitting on 7l/100k and stayed at this level until I arrived home after a 288km trip.

Interested to see if anyone else has achieved this of better. Best previous on 95 E10 was 7.7l/100k

Yeah, i've gotten something around that in Perth doing a long drive up the freeway etc. Got it around 7-8l/100km with the cruise set at about 109kph. The second i got into the suburbs again the average when to **** tho.

I think the 98 RON is worth it for the extra 70c to $1.50 extra per tank. 98 RON isn't exactly a budget breaker now is it...

Yeah, i've gotten something around that in Perth doing a long drive up the freeway etc. Got it around 7-8l/100km with the cruise set at about 109kph. The second i got into the suburbs again the average when to **** tho.

I think the 98 RON is worth it for the extra 70c to $1.50 extra per tank. 98 RON isn't exactly a budget breaker now is it...

At the prices it was a few weeks back it just might've been a budget breaker. :whistling:

With the results you're posting I'll probably give the 95ron, then the 98ron a run eventually. I'm a tight ar$e when it comes to spending money on a car...but you probably know that!...but if the total cost isn't too different then it might be worth at try at least.

Edited by boxerboy

Now you just need to do some comparative tests with 91 regular unleaded and 85 premium unleaded. You need to keep track of it with receipts as well to get a more accurate figure.

Now you just need to do some comparative tests with 91 regular unleaded and 85 premium unleaded. You need to keep track of it with receipts as well to get a more accurate figure.

next time I do that same trip I'll run the car on 91 for a week beforehand and then fill again in Canberra. I'll post the result

2 Weekends Ago

Sydney to Canberra

4 adults, full boot (bags, swags, esky etc)

98 RON (Shell)

Average fuel consumption - 8.9L/100K (cruise set at 120 km p/h)

Last Weekend

Sydney to Canberra

1 adult, 1/4 full boot (bag, swag, esky etc)

98 RON (Shell)

Average fuel consumption - 7.8L/100K (cruise set at 120 km p/h)

Pleasantly surprised with how economical the Aurion engine is.

Both trips were with the odd squirt on the fun pedal, followed by a realisation that the speedo was showing figures that were enough to catch the interest of the boys in blue.

Both trips were with the odd squirt on the fun pedal, followed by a realisation that the speedo was showing figures that were enough to catch the interest of the boys in blue.

FVCK THE POLICE http://www.speedingfineconsultants.com/

good read. i didnt know an of the things stated there i recomend every 1 taking a look at it