Oil Recommendations for Aurion 2008

ezat

To save on the hassle, you can just choose to stick with what Toyota uses when you get your car serviced. If you are picky (like me), you can bring your own oil in. My reply in the thread 'New member here ~~question for Aurion service'

The Aurion owner's manual recommended that using 10-30W during summer and 0-30w in winter, what you used in your Aurion? Did you provid better oil for 30,000kms service? :rolleyes:

In my opinion, the Australian winter is just not cold enough to justify using an oil grade lower than 10W30. If you really wanted extra assurance in winter, you could go for 5W30, but there really isn't a need. 10W30 is good all the way down to a temperature of -20 degrees Celsius, and the 5W30 is good al the way down to -30 degrees. To be on the safe side, you take (add) 10 degrees to this.

So if you think your car will experience temperatures lower than -10 degrees Celsius, then go for 5W30, otherwise you will be fine with the first. As for the oil I use, it all comes down to personal preference; everyone has different opinions. I use Fuchs Titan Super GTO 10W30. It is a fully synthetic oil and it only costs $39.99 for a 5L bottle. I change my oil at 7,500km intervals, so the price point is a good one. Have not had any issues with the oil at all.

Another thread of interest:

Best engine oil?

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hello All,

Im a bit confused when reading the manual that came with the Aurion. It specifies a few grades of oil.

Anyone can share what grade of oil i.e 20w etc and what brand?

Ezat

The Aurion 2GR-FE engine would do just fine with any 30wt oil. I would personally use a good 20wt oil like the ester base Redline 5w20 for better Fc and protection or the 5w30 if towing.

if ur not sure u can buy genuine motor oil as thats the stuff they use to do all the testing on the engines id say thats the best for your engine otherwise just use any 10w30 semi synthetic oil and change it at regular intervals (more often the service book would suggest eg every 5000km) you want have any problems if you do that another good thing to do is pic 1 type of oil n stick to it dont go swapin an changing every time a new fad in oils come out

if ur not sure u can buy genuine motor oil as thats the stuff they use to do all the testing on the engines id say thats the best for your engine otherwise just use any 10w30 semi synthetic oil and change it at regular intervals (more often the service book would suggest eg every 5000km) you want have any problems if you do that another good thing to do is pic 1 type of oil n stick to it dont go swapin an changing every time a new fad in oils come out

Don't go semi-syn, there's no industrial standard on how much % Syn(group IV base) before they name it synthetics, it could be just 5% or 20%. Just choose a good branded fully synthetic and it will do. Oh, some lub company's also name their group III oil as fully synthetic but we "pure-ish" only consider group IV(PAO) and above to be the one.

I just ask for the Fully Synthetic that Toyota stocks behind their parts counter - a 10W-40 - $60 for 5 litres.

If money is no object and I want the best - I'd get the Elf HTX 830 10W-30, an ester based oil but thats $130+ for 5 litres.