Operation Christmas Child

J e r e M y

Greetings,

Kenneth and I were talking about the Red Cross donation we did at the WA MEGA MEET and as Christmas is around the corner (far corner), we`re thinking as a club we can do something nice and meaningful for the less fortunate children in the less developed countries. Recently, my cousin told me that their church has been participating in the “Operation Christmas Child” by Samaritan’s Purse. Some of you would have heard or know of the work done by this charity organisation. For those that don’t, the Samaritan’s Purse collect hundreds of thousands of gift-filled shoe boxes from the general public and which they send to less developed countries in the South East Asia and South Pacific region. Globally, the organisation has distributed approximately 7.6 million shoeboxes to children in 105 countries. This is the website of the Samaritan`s Purse. If you feel more comfortable donating through the organization itself (and for tax purposes), feel free to do so through the website.

So here is where all of us come into place, I would like for us to be able to do something nice this Christmas so it would be great for anyone that would be interested in donating bit of spare change, useful gifts or even just a shoebox for us to fill the gifts in. Feel free to drop off any shoeboxes and gifts that you wish to donate and for those who are interested in donating in the form of cash I can do the shopping on your behalf and these will be collected through internet transfer or face-to-face meet up.

* Please refer to the list of items that are NOT to be included

*Here is a list of gift ideas

I will provide proofs and receipts (if required) so that you know where your money and gifts has gone. I know you can just close the window now and forget all about it but a few minute of your life and some spare change can put smiles on a lot of kids that are not as fortunate as us.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!

Reply in this thread if you are interested and I will send you my bank details.

p/s. Kenneth has approved this thread and also thank you for helping me write up all this

The closing date is 1st of Oct. I`ll be goin on a road trip so I`ll buy more stuff after i come back :D

Please notify me if you want your name and the amount you donated or only your name to be listed here when you`re donating.

Thank you very much for all your support.

SO FAR I HAVE COLLECTED : $465 cash and $10 worth of items

So far these ppl have donated :D THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!

1. 1rocky (received)

2. J e r e M y (received)

3. Kenneth (received)

4. Shahzan (received)

5. chicken (received)

6. tinno (received)

7. jayce (received)

8. jase (received)

9. spillige (received)

10. andu (received)

11. ToyotaFreak (received)

12. Irene (received)

13. ruimond (received)

14. Sanctuary (received)

15. trdsaads (received)

16. and1 (received)

17. LEGEND888 (received)

18. ¥URO (received)

Edited by J e r e M y

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sadly, I am one of these unfortunate children and I know how much you all want to donate some sort of moola to my bank account.

In all seriousness though, I'm all for this. Last time (I wasn't in Perth) I was told of the huge successful turn out. Alas, I won't be in Perth for this Christmas but I intend to donate just to contribute to such an event.

Jeremy & Ken, as always I'm willing to help out in whatever means required. Feel free to bug me boys.

If you feel more comfortable donating through the organization itself (and for tax purposes), feel free to do so through the website.

Great idea guys and am in for it for sure. However, I think it is best that we clearly mention that the donation is being made as part of TOCAU as an "organisation" when prompted on the list, so it would clearly show this donation as a community effort.

post-15048-1252966606_thumb.jpg

Oh guys..i forgot to ask u guys..

Do you guys prefer them to have stationaries? or hygiene stuff?

can you get a big transformers toy with my donation.......... :yahoo: why not get half/half

also come on boys and girls get your gear together, i see alot of thread views but no support

even if its just $5 im sure we can all afford to give some thing, i gave up my scooner money for the week to donate :(

Oh guys..i forgot to ask u guys..

Do you guys prefer them to have stationaries? or hygiene stuff?

can you get a big transformers toy with my donation.......... :yahoo: why not get half/half

also come on boys and girls get your gear together, i see alot of thread views but no support

even if its just $5 im sure we can all afford to give some thing, i gave up my scooner money for the week to donate :(

haha.. i`ll see..cant be that big cos it needs to fit in a shoe box.. :D but i`ll def get a transformers toy..