The Stig Revealed/Outted

ZZW30

Will the replace him, keep him or just kill off the stig now?  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Employers (BBC) don't like Employees (Stig) getting more publicity then who they work for. In this case the show, Top Gear and Presenters.

This is similar to Tiger Woods and his first caddie (Mike "Fluff" Cowan) on the PGA Tour. Fluff started getting more media attention after releasing a dvd on the rules of golf, and golf ettiquette. He was fired by Tiger shortly after.

The Stig and his anonymity is a big part of TG. By not revealing who the Stig is, its fun to have the audience forever guessing, and it allows for a presenter/test driver to serve his purpose without bias. As with any celebrity, Ben Collins will have his supporters and his haters as a racedriver in his own right. But even if you're against him, its hard to judge and dislike the Stig when you don't know who's in the suit.

Don't know why people needed to know who he was. The point of the Stig was to not know who he was. That way it was impartial when he did the laps. But to answer your question, I am lining up as a possible replacement, made it to the final cut of 5. I put forth the idea of Red Stig. I pointed out the appeal in China for red and how it is good luck.

Top Gear host Jeremy Clarkson says outed Stig Ben Collins has been "sacked" from the popular motoring show.

The Formula 3 driver was revealed as the mystery white-suited driver after the BBC failed to stop him publishing his memoirs last week.

"It was such a shock," Clarkson told little-known English community news service WitneyTV.

"It was horrible actually because I liked him and he came around to my house and had drinks, and all the time he was writing a book, so I feel a bit hurt."

Clarkson hinted The Stig character may be dumped from the new BBC series, due to air later this year.

Collins took over the role in 2003 after a previous, black-clad Stig also revealed his identity in a book.

"Trust me, we have many, many thousands of people queuing up to be whatever it is that we create," Clarkson said.

"I've spent the last three weeks doing nothing but trying to figure out what we will do instead.

"Top Gear is damaged but not out," he added.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/09/08/3005874.htm