CRUISE CONTROL EXTRA

The following is my input on the question but just so you know, cruise control usage is pretty universal and you could have found the answer on Google.

Cruise control typically has four buttons/switches/etc.

1) ON/OFF

2) SET/COAST

3) RES/ACC

4) CANCEL (you may or may not have this one)

Basically, you press the ON/OFF button to turn the cruise control on. If it is factory fitted, you usually have a "CRUISE" light on the dash. Aftermarket kits vary, but you should have some indicator somewhere near the buttons.

Then once you are at your desired speed, you tap the 'SET/COAST' button and the car should then set your speed. You should then be able to let go of the accelerator. If you want to accelerate you have the following options:

- Depress the accelerator more and don't touch any of the cruise control buttons. The car will accelerate to whatever you would with the given accelerator position and when you take your foot back off the accelerator, the car will continue to travel at the speed originally set on the cruise control.

- Depress the accelerator and when at your new desired speed, tap the 'SET/COAST' button on the cruise control. The car will then continue travelling at the new set speed when you remove your foot from the accelerator.

- Tap or hold the 'RES/ACC' button until you reach your desired speed. Usually one tap of the button results in an increase of either 1.6km/h or 3km/h depending on the unit.

If you want to slow down you have the following options:

- If you have a 'CANCEL' button, press that. Otherwise, press the 'ON/OFF' button. This will disable or turn off the cruise control. Once you have decelerated to your desired speed, you can then press the 'SET/COAST' button (or if you don't have a 'CANCEL' button, press 'ON/OFF' then 'SET/COAST') and your new speed will be set.

- Depress the brake pedal until you slow to your desired speed. Then once you are at your new speed, press the 'SET/COAST' button to continue travelling at that speed.

If you want to temporarily disable cruise control, you can either tap the 'CANCEL' button or tap the brake pedal. This will return to driver control. Then if you want to resume cruise control at your last set speed, press the 'RES/ACC' button and you will continue to travel at the speed that it was set at prior to temporarily disabling it.

i just bought a 2002 corolla ascent second hand. it has cruise control as an added extra so it is not in the manual how to use it.

i cant figure it out. can anyone please help?

thank you.

Usually the dealer shows buyers how to use Cruise Control. Must have been a private sale.

The instuctions provided above is pretty straight forward so go nuts :)

can i get cruise control for my rolla sportivo o5 ???

When i was looking to buy a sprotivo i seen an 05 with one .

ive thought about it for a while, just curious.. have a major job up my hands with the rolla next week, after that its no more spending as im sellin soon