How Much Did You Pay For Your Corolla?

Saiya

Hi all,

First of all excellent site :D

Im thinking about getting a new Corolla. Either a 05 Stock Clearance model or a new 06 depending on the price difference if any.

Im looking at the Accent Sport version but I do have my eye on the Levin (automatic versions). With all of those nifty extras especially the Airbags and ABS included in the Levin its very tempting, but expensive.

Im wondering how much people paid for there Corollas (any model with any extras). Preferable when you bought it new.

I dont want to go into a dealer without some "ammo" if you like. I want to try and get some negotiating leeway so I know how much I can expect to pay for one and see how much I can save.

Thanks all. :)

Hi all,

First of all excellent site :D

Im thinking about getting a new Corolla. Either a 05 Stock Clearance model or a new 06 depending on the price difference if any.

Im looking at the Accent Sport version but I do have my eye on the Levin (automatic versions). With all of those nifty extras especially the Airbags and ABS included in the Levin its very tempting, but expensive.

Im wondering how much people paid for there Corollas (any model with any extras). Preferable when you bought it new.

I dont want to go into a dealer without some "ammo" if you like. I want to try and get some negotiating leeway so I know how much I can expect to pay for one and see how much I can save.

Thanks all. :)

Lat last year, some dealers were advertising 2005 plat auto Levins for $28990 drive away.

I picked up a Sportivo for $27500 drive away.

Hrrrrmmm Those drive away prices are very good.

Looks they have alot more leeway than that so called RRP +ORC.

Is it True the best time to buy is at the end of the month?

Some one did make the comment in the forum earlier that it depends on the salesman and whether they have or have not reached their sales targets! I just shoppped around - remember there is always a better deal so if in doubt - just walk out ! RRP is just a list price - there is always plenty of room.

Some one did make the comment in the forum earlier that it depends on the salesman and whether they have or have not reached their sales targets! I just shoppped around - remember there is always a better deal so if in doubt - just walk out ! RRP is just a list price - there is always plenty of room.

i got a ascent sport hatch - $22.5k my friend got hers for same price.

sportivo is a better option .. $5k more and u get ALOT more e.g. better engine, leather, climate, electrics, interior, zorst, bodykit, rims, etc

WELL worth the $5k

OK just got back from the Dealers. Geeeeeze! :blink:

OK after alot of mucking around, the guy offered for a 2005 Plate Corolla Conquest Auto, Inc ABS and Rear spoiler for $25900 drive away. Guaranteed under 50KM on Odometer. (White in colour)

The others I went to said that no way I would get under 25K and they dont have anymore of the 05 stock so they will be selling an 06. They quoted up to and a bit over 28K including the same options. <_<

Sportivo is excellent but unfortunately im aiming for an automatic :)

Is this a good price?

When we bought our Conquest auto wagon, we picked that up through a broker for $27,000, including headlight & bonnet protectors, weathershields, floor and dash mats, rear bumper protector and cruise control.

We saved a little over $3,000 based on RRP. Not everyone is keen on brokers, but it worked for us.

When we bought our Conquest auto wagon, we picked that up through a broker for $27,000, including headlight & bonnet protectors, weathershields, floor and dash mats, rear bumper protector and cruise control.

We saved a little over $3,000 based on RRP. Not everyone is keen on brokers, but it worked for us.

dealer is gonna tell u anything to push the price up .. u getting ripped off son

25990 for a 2nd hand car ?? bwhaha i got mine NEW for 22.5k

dealer is gonna tell u anything to push the price up .. u getting ripped off son

25990 for a 2nd hand car ?? bwhaha i got mine NEW for 22.5k

Technically its not a second hand just a 2005 plate run-out model.

$22.5K thats a very good price. Is that a manual or Auto with ABS? Opps sorry you answered from your posts above didnt take notice of the user name:)

Edited by Saiya

Oh yes I agree with that they trying to push the price up 100%. The problem is its very hard to get a straight answer out of any of those leeches ;)

Oh yes I agree with that they trying to push the price up 100%. The problem is its very hard to get a straight answer out of any of those leeches ;)

At the momet everywhere the 2005 stock is heavily discounted. Two dealers quoted me straight away the basic Corolla Ascent auto for 21K drive away, a saving of at least $3000 off the normal price. I managed to drop 500$ for a white, but settled on $20700 metallic paint.

I suppose a good haggler could get it for 20K.

At the momet everywhere the 2005 stock is heavily discounted. Two dealers quoted me straight away the basic Corolla Ascent auto for 21K drive away, a saving of at least $3000 off the normal price. I managed to drop 500$ for a white, but settled on $20700 metallic paint.

I suppose a good haggler could get it for 20K.

make sure has the ABS and dual airbags. It is weel worth the extra!

make sure has the ABS and dual airbags. It is weel worth the extra!

I agree. I think for the Ascent versions they come as a whole option pack with ABS, Passenger Airbag, and passenger seatbelt force limiter. Not sure how much extra it cost though.

Well worth it, priceless in an emergency.

I agree. I think for the Ascent versions they come as a whole option pack with ABS, Passenger Airbag, and passenger seatbelt force limiter. Not sure how much extra it cost though.

Well worth it, priceless in an emergency.

I didn't take the optional safety pack, as I am a single lady who only drives short distances and very occasionally have passengers. Antiskid brakes make more sense at high speeds and in countries with real winter and iced roads.

I did not want the sport version as the main difference was in more painted surfaces - something I try to avoid on purpose. Did not want to have my heart broken by scratches the first week. Not only that I am not a great driver but everybody starts getting them at shopping centres car parks.

for an accent, new? Don't pay over 23 k - that's how much we purchased our Ascent Sport for - with the rear spoiler and rims (2005 model i think)

Go to Garry Mcmillan Toyota if ur in Melbourne, and ask for Riki...he is the most flexible there - cuase he doesn't have to work too hard to land a sale, but he'll be more than willing to negotiate a nice price

*note - it took arounds 30mins of drama azn rice style el cheapo acting from the oldman to get it :P

Oops, didn't notice u were from Sydney - sorry buddy :(

Edited by RME1

for an accent, new? Don't pay over 23 k - that's how much we purchased our Ascent Sport for - with the rear spoiler and rims (2005 model i think)

Go to Garry Mcmillan Toyota if ur in Melbourne, and ask for Riki...he is the most flexible there - cuase he doesn't have to work too hard to land a sale, but he'll be more than willing to negotiate a nice price

*note - it took arounds 30mins of drama azn rice style el cheapo acting from the oldman to get it :P

Oops, didn't notice u were from Sydney - sorry buddy :(

alot of dealers in syd who still have 05 ascents are doing 19990 driveaway ... Ive even seen a dealer do 19990 for and Auto .. driveaway ... its coming up to mid feb .. pressure is on to get rid of them

If you're planning on getting anything up to a Conquest (Acsent/Sports, Conquest), don't pay anything more than $24k. Anything more is just ripping you off.

For $24k, you should be able to haggle in some extras, otherwise, around $21-22k DRIVE AWAY, is the average price they go for.