Clutch Pedal Adjustment

Hey guys

I got my car back with the adjusted clutch pedal and it seems like it has improved heaps. It slides in very easy now however the clutch feels a lot different. Prob will take me a few weeks to get use to. The friction point is now almost all the way up. I just need to push the clutch pedal 1/4 down and I can change gears. I'm not sure if I like it this way. It makes going from a stand still on a hill harder as u roll back more because of the time to release the clutch up to the friction point.

I also tried landing in lift once but it landed at 5800RPM. Much better improvement from before at 54000RPM. No more getting stuck on the gear change. Also for any guys who have the scraping noise (Xoom). They are ordering some sort of cable to fix this problem. They said that the other Toyota service should have picked this up as several Stivo's has this problem. This is coming from Western Toyota in Guildford. No more Warren Toyota!!! I am now waiting for this cable to arrive so that they can replace it. We'll see how it goes. If this prob is fixed then I will have my Stivo all sorted out with no more issues. It's slowly getting there. :)

Man, mines terrible, if im stood still in nuetral and I put the clutch in then try and slide it in to 3rd it flatly refuses, 5th is also hard all the others are not too bad and shifting over 5,000 is just a big no no.

I can't wait till my service.

Sounds like yours and mine came out of the same mould Blade....... <_< <_< :(

But still able to have a bit of fun in spite of the problems, ain't gonna trade her in yet... but yeah, bring on the next service, the boys will be asked to keep her a few days until everything is sorted nicely... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by Blue_Sportivo_VVTLi

good to hear that some of ur problems are solved :)

but actually I would have thought clutch adjustment would actually make the clutch travel less instead of more. Cos for me my friction point is all the way up as well, i feel it would be better if it was further down. Iwant to ask the dealer and see if they can adjust it.

Good to hear positive outcomes on the clutch adjustment. The guys i brought my car to obviously didn't do it to my car, but they only received the fax and email from Toyota after. I will be bringing mine into Toyota again for a second shot at it.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

hmm, Blackrolla, have you reconsidered keeping the stivo??

LOL

Yep. I have already pulled out on the Accord Euro. Financial problems. Let's just say someone didn't pay a Vodafone bill. :angry:

Things are also looking good with the Stivo. Hope everything gets fixed at this other Toyota service centre. I was soooo close to trading it in. Now that the clutch issue has been fixed I'm beginning to have a bit of fun with her again. :D

hmm, Blackrolla, have you reconsidered keeping the stivo??

LOL

Yep. I have already pulled out on the Accord Euro. Financial problems. Let's just say someone didn't pay a Vodafone bill. :angry:

Things are also looking good with the Stivo. Hope everything gets fixed at this other Toyota service centre. I was soooo close to trading it in. Now that the clutch issue has been fixed I'm beginning to have a bit of fun with her again. :D

Welcome back, man :lol: .......it's a good sign that people are falling in love with their stivo again ~~ :P

I haven't done mine yet due to working schedule. Looking forward to see what will be the difference ~~

Good to hear alot of you are getting resolution on this issue :) and falling in love with the beast again!!!! B)

I drove Rollrgrl's car the other weekend with the better clutch, and OH BABY!...it brought back memories!

My other baby is in at lexus again this week to look at the clutch, as the details in the bulliten didnt fix my issues. The head technician is throwing himself at the car today to resolve my issue.

If this doesnt get fixed today there is talk of a new cluthch assembly and gearbox :D

Good to hear alot of you are getting resolution on this issue :) and falling in love with the beast again!!!!  B)

I drove Rollrgrl's car the other weekend with the better clutch, and OH BABY!...it brought back memories!

My other baby is in at lexus again this week to look at the clutch, as the details in the bulliten didnt fix my issues. The head technician is throwing himself at the car today to resolve my issue.

If this doesnt get fixed today there is talk of a new cluthch assembly and gearbox :D

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm :rolleyes:

Edited by rollagrl

Good to hear alot of you are getting resolution on this issue :) and falling in love with the beast again!!!!  B)

Hey Craig are we unlucky or what? The dealership i went to also failed to resolve my issues, they even rang Shane at Nunawading Toyota (their words). I am also booking the car in at another dealership to have a second look.

For now my new TRD CAI mod is keeping me happy :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

Sorry to bring up and old topic however thought you might like to know that there is an un-announced recall on our beloved sportivo's regarding the clutch. Apparently this is the root of the evil for the sticking gear shifts, notchiness etc etc.. I am getting my car back tomorrow so i will keep you informed how it goes.

I suggest everyone get in contact with there dealer if you have not already done so.

Cheers

I am due for 12 month service and right on cue my cable rattles have reappeared. Was there a recall on this? Anyone know the number so I can look it up and have documentation ready for my dealer at service?

I have always had trouble shifting, especially 1st-2nd so want to get the clutch adjusted too.

I am due for 12 month service and right on cue my cable rattles have reappeared.  Was there a recall on this?  Anyone know the number so I can look it up and have documentation ready for my dealer at service?

I have always had trouble shifting, especially 1st-2nd so want to get the clutch adjusted too.

yeah, been covered before in following link dude.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...owtopic=967&hl=

The part numbers are as follows

Gear selector Cables

Part #: TO3382012A11

Description: CABLE G/SHIFT

New Gear Knob

Part #: TO3350413071-B0

Description: KNOB S/A EK03

Thanks, but I already read that thread and it doesn't actually answer my question. As of the last post (Aug 2004?), the cable "fix" wasn't an official recall issue.

I haven't heard anything contrary in the last 6 months, so are dealers doing this for everyone? I just want to pre-empt my dealer saying "I've never heard anything about this"...

Thanks, but I already read that thread and it doesn't actually answer my question.  As of the last post (Aug 2004?), the cable "fix" wasn't an official recall issue. 

I haven't heard anything contrary in the last 6 months, so are dealers doing this for everyone?  I just want to pre-empt my dealer saying "I've never heard anything about this"...

Man, then you should ask him "Have you heard about the Toyota Technical News Flash 30/11/04?"....this is the officical "internal" technical documents for the Toyota service ppl. Ask that stupid guy to read this if he got no idea about what you are talking about..... :angry: if he doesn't know the "the Toyota Technical News Flash 30/11/04".....jsut talk to service manager. If even the manager dunno about it....man then just leave straight away.....

I dun think a dealer who even have no idea of the Toyota service document are good enough to fix your car and solve the problems ~~ :D :D

Correct me if I'm wrong :P

Edited by Cooley

Thanks, but I already read that thread and it doesn't actually answer my question.  As of the last post (Aug 2004?), the cable "fix" wasn't an official recall issue. 

I haven't heard anything contrary in the last 6 months, so are dealers doing this for everyone?  I just want to pre-empt my dealer saying "I've never heard anything about this"...

Btw, I copied this somewhere in this forum, this was a email reply from Toyota Australia.

Print it out in case you get a "cheaty" dealer :lol:

Here is the email:

Thank you for your recent email outlining the ongoing issues with your Corolla Sportivo.

For anyone who has the gear shift problem here's a reply from Jenny Stewart. You might wanna adjust the clutch pedal. Not sure if this will work but I will give it a try.

Toyota Australia has investigated reports of gear shift feel/baulking during high rpm gear change on Corolla Sportivo. Our investigations have not identified any design or assembly faults with the clutch or related components.

However, the clutch pedal adjustment was found to be outside specification in some cases and has contributed to the reported gear shift condition. Please arrange inspection of the clutch pedal adjustment by your Warren Toyota as soon as convenient.

We thank you for bringing your personal concerns to our attention and giving us the opportunity to respond.

Yours sincerely,

TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION AUSTRALIA LIMITED

Jenny Stewart

CUSTOMER RELATIONS CENTRE MANAGER

Ask the guy if he had heard about "Jenny Stewart" :lol: :P :D :P ~~

Got the car back today. Yep i happy with what they have done. Still a tad hard to shift when in lift but a big improvement on not being able to shift at all. I think..no..i am in love wih my stivy wivo again :wub:

Guys get it done. There is no excuse now for shifting troubles.

Cheers

Got the car back today. Yep i happy with what they have done. Still a tad hard to shift when in lift but a big improvement on not being able to shift at all. I think..no..i am in love wih my stivy wivo again :wub:

Guys get it done. There is no excuse now for shifting troubles.

Cheers

Glad to hear Mike ;) another person who has yet again falllen in love again with their stivo.

Apart from myself and Zee has anyone else had to go back a couple of times to get this issue fixed by something other than the technical notice ??

Also on a side note has anyone else here got a Short shifter installed ???