Which auction is it going to???

Its already in pickles auctions

sydney!

Cheers mate I shall keep an eye out ;)

That's where mine came from I think :)

Edit: looks like the latest auction was today :(

Edited by Tayles

Nope...

A simple socket set can pretty much reduce your corolla to that if someone steals it overnight.... then the police find it in that state... It's interesting that no panels were touched though... Perhaps this will be on auction as a Stat Write-off i.e. cannot be re-registered. What dodgy gangs like to do is strip your car like that, then wait til it comes up on auction and buy it for 7 grand, then re-assemble it... New car for $7k... However this one is iffy because they've taken out a few things that are a bit harder to put back on

these kinds of jobs are usually done by panel beaters out to make a bigger margin. does anyone remember a while back airbags out of corollas were being stolen like there was no tomorrow? the reason they steal them is because it costs them nothing to get the parts and then charge a ****load for them

if in doubt of repairs, ask for an invoice for each individual damaged item just to curb this kind of behaviour

this reminds me of that large car theft in qld where those 90k modded cars got stolen... i bet all the parts are on ebay now xD

i hope they get cought and have a nice big 7" exhaust shoved up their ***** and some engine reved to 10rpm

• 3 months later...

yep i USED to know a group that did those things and i regret the day i met them... wat they used to do was roam parkinglots and stalk ppl, they would get various weapons (usually firearms) and carjack 90s model common cars... they used to smash some of the windows and dent the panels and sell them to wrecking yards using fake rego papers... they used to jack around 3-5 cars a night...

oh n wat the wreckers usually do is fix up the cars and sell them back to the public... so if you do happen to buy a car that came from the wreckers or watever just run the plates down to make sure the car's not hot

so ppl just take care and look around especially when you're at parkinglots at night... it's better to be safe than sorry... oh and don't try to resist because there have been occasions when the "clients" get hurt trying to resist... stay safe

2c

Edited by d_ice

I'm disgusted. There's a sick feeling in my stomach from seeing that. where were you parked? that goes to show the imobilizer doesn't do squat!

Edited by qkslvr

that goes to show the imobilizer doesn't do squat!

Is the Corolla immobilizer like the Camry's? i.e. it engages as soon as you take the key out of the ignition, and then the central locking + alarm when you hit the remote?

It's not that hard to strip a car like that. Gees I reckon Northy and I could strip to that extent in under 2 hours if we were in a hurry as we've pulled that many corolla's/sportivo's apart over the last few years!!

It's not that hard to strip a car like that. Gees I reckon Northy and I could strip to that extent in under 2 hours if we were in a hurry as we've pulled that many corolla's/sportivo's apart over the last few years!!

This is so true.

*Refer to signature*

Race ya :P