Advice on Wheels for ZR6

Plugger

After more advice

Have just picked up a new ZR6 (only took them 5 days to get into dealership after quoting 3-4 weeks).

Absolutley love the look of the car, except for side on view.

Have shown the car to a number of Falcodore drivers and they have all been blown away by features and handling etc etc. Have actually stated they'd consider buying one, (my ***)

Only problem is that I bought the car with the standard 17" wheels, which I thought was okay, but everyone has stated that a set of 18's would complete the car.

So, does any-one agree with this and if so where can I get some good deals??

I live in Geelong (stop snickering, it's not all bad).

Any feedback would be great.

If this topic has been brought up before please point me in the right direction.

Hi,

I too agree that 18" would look better. But sory cant help.

PS. Does any one know what other cars have the same stud config. eg Magna & ......... ?

Good luck with the mags.

Adrian

i heard that most toyota's will fit.. such as camry? i was gonna swap my ROH 18 with stock aurion sx6 when my sister crash and scratch my rims, then i decide to start saving again for new maybe 19 for aurion... 19inch with 40 or 35 profile tyre, NICE!!!!

do you think 20" would fit on the aurion?

be interesting to see those chrome pimp'in wheels on an aurion

Edited by saintly

17" or 18" wheels do not look any difference. 19" or 20" wheel will definitely looks better. But wheel larger than 17" will cause the car to be less comfortable and worse handling. You will notice a lot of difference when the car run over uneven surface or potholes. In fact 16" wheels will achieve the best result.

• 3 weeks later...

do you think 20" would fit on the aurion?

be interesting to see those chrome pimp'in wheels on an aurion

hahaha p.i.m.p. i would also like to see this. who will be the first?

Im considering bigger wheels also. Trying to decide between 19 and 20s but i believe 20s will be too big for the car and destroy the driving feel of the car handling wise. 19s are good looking on it as ive seen one around. Ive got about a month to get the new wheels. Still trying to decide which one to get. Does anybody get that weird plastic buzz noise from the rear speakers when the stereo sound is over 30??? Its really irritating.

• 1 year later...

if you can get good looking rims 19's be'd the choice if you lower your car also cause if you don't the rims will look small for some reason imo that is :)

i always follow the if you have 15 go 17, 16 go 18 etc... that two legal wheels law of some sort or can someone correct me if im wrong?

ive got 19'' 235 SSW Stamford wheels on mine and i lowered it and i think it looks good. 20'' wheels just wrecked the look of ther car

I agree, i know that people negate the height of larger radius wheels by using lower profile tyres but my opinion it would look out of proportion to the over all dimensions of the vehicle unless...you throw some 21's on, tub and flare the wells and guards and put a slight negative camber on then you could have a looker...if it can be done and if it is legal...

Including me, there are plenty around here with set wheels of 20s...

Even 21 - 22 can be fitted in with some effort and hardwork.. But yea, too troublesome..

I believe upgrading 1 inch from stock is the worst choice u could ever made...

Sometimes, Even 20s look pretty small for Aurion.

And 21...I think it's the maximum in NSW.. Haha...To be on the safe-side, go 20s

if anyone is going to get 19'' wheels with 235 tyres on them and lower the car i suggest you lip the wheel arches because every driveway i go up or even just speed humps at shopping centrers, the tyres are rubbing on the sound proofing with nobody sitting at the back

How noisy are the tyres?

Not really an issue with these tyres in my opinion. So I got to say pretty good on that front.

sounds good. does it have the rim protector lip like on the falkens?

anyone know how noisy kuhmo KU31s are?

Edited by Freddo

does anyone have a manual ZR6??? is it any better in 0-100 times?, thanks

Just for your interest, there is no Manual tranmission available for all Aurion lines including TRD Aurions.

i thought that toyota would have made a manual, but thanks anyway