Blue_Stivo's not so Blue, not so Stivo...

MR22ZZ

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to change the knock sensor from the later model 2ZZ type to the early model one used in the Celica for it to be compatible with the Apexi. The late model one has 2 wires where as the early model one has one wire... need to determine with wire from the late model sensor to connect the early model sensor to...

I gave Daniboy a hand to do the swap on his rolla. He did the knock sensor side of things, so will have to check with him what he did. I've been thinking about running the older sensor also, I've got it, just need to wire it in.

I need to change the knock sensor from the later model 2ZZ type to the early model one used in the Celica for it to be compatible with the Apexi. The late model one has 2 wires where as the early model one has one wire... need to determine with wire from the late model sensor to connect the early model sensor to...

I gave Daniboy a hand to do the swap on his rolla. He did the knock sensor side of things, so will have to check with him what he did. I've been thinking about running the older sensor also, I've got it, just need to wire it in.

you just snip the plug off the two wires you have there and only connect the black wire the other wire just tape it up in the loom not connected to anything, it can stay there incase for some reason later down the track you need another wire there,

a couple of helpfull threads....just remembering celica pinouts are slightly different also. but my wire was black.......:)

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=118117

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=205701

I find this build easy to masturbate to...

disturbing, but thanks... I think

you just snip the plug off the two wires you have there and only connect the black wire the other wire just tape it up in the loom not connected to anything, it can stay there incase for some reason later down the track you need another wire there,

a couple of helpfull threads....just remembering celica pinouts are slightly different also. but my wire was black.......:)

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=118117

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=205701

cheers guys, that's awesome, will take a look tomorrow and hopefully get the engine loom all connected again.

• 11 months later...