Blue_Stivo's not so Blue, not so Stivo...

MR22ZZ

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it allegedly was a spanish delivered vehicle............ if you have a look at all the little bits on it you will see spain written everywhere on it :P on the ecu, on the glass of the windscreen down in the bottom passengers corner and on other odd bits, also it has those weird markings around the vin number on the firewall. ill send you a pm with the other details i know of

Quite a few builds going on atm, keep your chin up and just think of the results when you're finished! Keep those piccies coming :D

it allegedly was a spanish delivered vehicle............ if you have a look at all the little bits on it you will see spain written everywhere on it :P on the ecu, on the glass of the windscreen down in the bottom passengers corner and on other odd bits, also it has those weird markings around the vin number on the firewall. ill send you a pm with the other details i know of

interesting, I doubt it's spanish because it's RHD. All the stickers I saw match the aussie cars, and if it was a euro delivered car it would have been built in Belgium, not South Africa.

Cheers for the pm though, I'll keep in touch and let you know how it's going. :)

cheers for the help so far though, much appreciated.

Inlet - Duration - Low 276; High 304 - Lift - Low 9.7mm; High 12.5mm

Exhaust - Duration - Low 276; High 296 - Lift - Low 9.7mm; High 11.68mm

Stage 3 by the sounds of those specs :D

I have a spreadsheet that makes checking the valve clearances a breeze. Involves mesuring the shim thickness, gap between lobe and roller, and the gap between the shim and the rocker. I excel-erized Boosted2.0s guide. Unless you have access to the Toyota SSTs?

As for cam break-in, I found a 10mm nut wedged under the throttle butterfly stop gave a nice 3000rpm for the engine to sit at.

• 3 weeks later...

US$159

Total cost to my door was AUS$880 according to the credit card statement.

Would probably be about $20-30 cheaper on today's exchange rate. It was about 1.065 when I bought.

they have the quaife LSD at 10% off right now too, but it's just over the $1K limit at a delivered price still... just!

im going to make your day here:P its the sale price without the shipping on top that customs charges you on so you can order that quaife and not cop the import tax :P

also, check your alternator pulley fits your alternator, when i ordered mine it didnt fit the australian delivered alternator,the hole in the pulley was too big and the boss section at the rear of the pulley fouled on the alternator, luckily someone i knew had an imported one that i swapped him for! you alternatively can machine the boss down and run a sleeve in the centre but i wouldnt advise it as i have seen it done before and it kept coming loose on the sleeve

and also ill be in sydney on tuesday avo. send me a pm mr22zz! i need to know where to go to find the sportivos at wreckers there:P

Edited by daniboy

yea pain in the ***** haha, check out a few 1zz alternators if yours is not the correct one you may get lucky with an aftermarket one having the bigger shaft size, they go on you just dont use the extra support bracket on the top. the bad part is that you have to pull the pulley off to see the shaft size and wreckers get annoyed when you walk around pulling alternators apart haha.our metric belt sizing also lands us with a slightly longer belt than the ideal,but it works.....i think from memory its a 6pk1930 that im running on there with the same accesories that your 2zz has on it with both pulleys installed. ill double check it for you!

yea pain in the ***** haha, check out a few 1zz alternators if yours is not the correct one you may get lucky with an aftermarket one having the bigger shaft size, they go on you just dont use the extra support bracket on the top. the bad part is that you have to pull the pulley off to see the shaft size and wreckers get annoyed when you walk around pulling alternators apart haha.our metric belt sizing also lands us with a slightly longer belt than the ideal,but it works.....i think from memory its a 6pk1930 that im running on there with the same accesories that your 2zz has on it with both pulleys installed. ill double check it for you!

What part number have you got on your alternator? Might be easier to source a Denso from the USA, at least it would be new and not need a rebuild. Weight would be a killer on shipping though.

stock aus spec 2zz's run a 6pk1930 belt. so as mwr suggest adding 2 inches for both pulleys, you would need a 6pk1980. assuming you still want the aircon to work (a lot of guys in the u.s. go without the aircon by choice so have used even shorter belts accordingly).

i just got both the mwr pulleys myself, but haven't got around to installing them yet (but they're on the agenda for this weekend!).

i've already bought a 6pk1980 belt, so i'll let you know how it goes fitment wise with the belt and the alternator pulley. fingers crossed!

Edited by lateralus

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

piper stage 3 :D

has MWR 9500RPM hardenned valves/springs/Ti retainers etc when the head was done.

all clearances were done to suit the new cams.

Thought I wouldn't notice the aftermarket camshafts :P

Should be a little ripper when it is all running. Can't wait.