Clutch getting stuck :o

Hey

I have never worn out a clutch completely. I am sure that it isnt a worn clutch.

What happens is when changing gear sometimes(prolly the aggressive times), from 1st - 2nd i find the clutch getting stuck up in the air(as if the crunch wasnt bad enough). i know it cant be good for it and i continue with the 2nd to 3rd gear change with it still stuck. clutch engagement acts normally an all. i either give it a sharp tap and it swings back down, lately i just drag it back down with my foot.

anyway, this is just a warning that this odd thing can occur, an suprise u like it did me.

any way some experience or info would be good. what you all think? need some oil? little lubrication?

Cheers

Trav

Hey

I have never worn out a clutch completely. I am sure that it isnt a worn clutch.

What happens is when changing gear sometimes(prolly the aggressive times), from 1st - 2nd i find the clutch getting stuck up in the air(as if the crunch wasnt bad enough). i know it cant be good for it and i continue with the 2nd to 3rd gear change with it still stuck. clutch engagement acts normally an all. i either give it a sharp tap and it swings back down, lately i just drag it back down with my foot.

anyway, this is just a warning that this odd thing can occur, an suprise u like it did me.

any way some experience or info would be good. what you all think? need some oil? little lubrication?

Cheers

Trav

Check wit ur toyota mechanic or personal mechanic first :)

ive got the same issue man

your clutch is about to go !!

u might notice it slipping every now and again

time for a exedy HD clutch

approx how much does a exedy HD clutch cost.. + installation??

ive done about 81 k in my car ... it slips every now and then ... i think the clutch may be going (i learnt to drive manual on this car ... :( i think i gave it some extra wear and tear)

Edited by steinny72

Yeah ok ill get it checked out, although it went for a service not too long ago.

HD clutch hey... more exspensive than lubricant for sure.... damnit.

damnit damnit damnit. Just lost my phone too... vent vent damnit

exedy HD clutch about 400 give or take

install depends where u go

total if u spend around 600 to 800 (clutch & install) is ok .......1000 at the max but thats expensive

Edited by oncy

• 1 month later...

Hey just an update.

Took it to get serviced and explained how the clutch pedal was getting stuck on its way back to resting position.

i mentioned this site and the fact that this(our) car(sportivo) and its owners has had alot of different and technical problems.

i myself was thinking it needed a clutch adjustment as it hasnt been in for that.

Got it back yesterday and was told that they bled the clutch's hydrolics.

Anyway it is still happening. :-( . Im goin to call them for the adjustment soon. the problem doesnt seem to be inhibiting any other driving components.

So that didnt work, ill update this when i have the adjustment done, in the future.

Vino

if it doesnt swing back....how do u get it back and change gear's and keep your rev's??.....

if they have done the hydrolics thats part of the adjustment (thats what they told me), but i have never had this problem YET *touch wood*.

im thinking new clutch... but if u have a mechanic they will no what to do and try ever thing before they say new clutch

:D

good luck with it.. let us all no the out come

cheers,

Edited by magic

For the clutch itself your looking at a bit over $400 if you got someone who can give you a good price, if not around $500 i think

while its out you should look at doing the rear main oil seal (rear main crank seal) which to byu from toyota is around $50

new gearbox oil not much,

labour, once again depending on where you go, i paid a mate $250 (my suggestion on price that he was happy with)

• 2 years later...
did you find out what the problem is ? I'm getting the exact same between shifting at high rpm...

eekkk and i just brought the car.

sorry for the old thread dig up ! cheers guys...

haha kolourhero must have been flogging it :D just get it checked out with a mechanic first. I know that northern brake/clutch sell exedy HD clutch for 350 if u are interested

exedy HD clutch about 400 give or take

install depends where u go

total if u spend around 600 to 800 (clutch & install) is ok .......1000 at the max but thats expensive

mate, know any good places/mechanics in sydney to go to get parts installed? i went to my local mechanic and was quoted $1320+ for a clutch installation + parts.. really expensive..

just get your clutch height adjusted..

i had the same problem wen i bought my 03 stivo from 1st to 2nd wen i use to flat chnge it use to get stuck for a second and then really take its time for the pedal to come bak up to normal height.. it cost me about 50$ for a friend to do it.. think u can get it done from toyota for about 80$ just give it a try man im pretty sure if your confident that ur clutch it alright for now then that might be ur prob.. just see if it wrks if u want, better off trying it then buying a hole new clutch wen the one u have might be ok for now.. and if u choose to get a new clutch i wudnt spend more then 650/700 MAX instald for a HD or any type of clutch u choose..

tc Nick

Definately your clutch! I had the exact same issue. Needed to use the top of my foot to pull it back into position...

The Fix - New clutch & Flywheel...

P.S I paid about $850 for my F1 lightened flywheel and clutch installed...You guys are gettin ripped :P

Check out this link

http://cgi.ebay.com/F1-STAGE-2-CLUTCH-KIT-FLYWHEEL-00-05-CELICA-GTS-2ZZ-GE_W0QQitemZ350314747494QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item519062d666

Currently have this xact setup and I swear by it. Have used Exedy clutches before, very bitey. These are perfectly suited to the HP we put out...And will handle about 250HP :D And with the lightened flywheel, she is so responsive, runs up the revs quite quickly :D