White corolla - dilemma!

Kenneth

I will be getting some 16" stock sportivo rims on my hmm not so sporty ascent :P but yeh..

I was thinking of not keeping it silver because it'd be rather boring.. I've seen a few thread around... White corolla with white rims which looks pretty nice i must say but I have not rly seen many corolla with BLACK rims.

Black is the colour I feel like going because its easy to clean (:P means i dont hv to clean every 2nd day) and I think if i spray it myself it will be easier to do black? (correct me if im wrong)

Just need some photos if anyone has them or just what u think! :D

Thanks

Vyets and Kaze-stivo did a Workshop Submission thread about DIY wheel painting which is really useful...

I say definitely go white FTW! Black will look like you're running stockies with no hubcaps :lol:

Remember if you're DIY-ing then you can always change it if you don't like the colour

WHITE CAR WITH BLACK RIMS MAN !!!

i use to like the white on white buh just coming to think about brake dust all the time made me realise that id hav to clean it every day n stuff n yeh wont look as good later

post-2538-1180940769_thumb.jpg

WHITE CAR WITH BLACK RIMS MAN !!!

i use to like the white on white buh just coming to think about brake dust all the time made me realise that id hav to clean it every day n stuff n yeh wont look as good later

everyone says that... i dont clean my wheels everyday... and they look white.

Its like having a white car as opposed to a black car - white cars always shine no matter how dirty, black only shines when its just been clean.

same with the wheels :P

I will be getting some 16" stock sportivo rims on my hmm not so sporty ascent :P but yeh..

I was thinking of not keeping it silver because it'd be rather boring.. I've seen a few thread around... White corolla with white rims which looks pretty nice i must say but I have not rly seen many corolla with BLACK rims.

Black is the colour I feel like going because its easy to clean (:P means i dont hv to clean every 2nd day) and I think if i spray it myself it will be easier to do black? (correct me if im wrong)

Just need some photos if anyone has them or just what u think! :D

Thanks

There is no dilemma in my opinion theres only one color that looks good with a white car and that is BRONZE check out Limz Ride looks jdm hot :rolleyes:

*reported*

If it's the stock wheels keep it silver I reckon. Otherwise aftermarket wise do what Tayles did.

Its just the stock stivo rims... all i can get my hands on now..

With black - Like Tayles says it will look like steel rims with no hubbies and I cant exactly have polished rims coz dnt think u can do it with the stivo rims yea?

With white - white on white has been what i wanted but i dont think the sportivo rims will look that nice white.. Wondering if anyone has a stock enuf sportivo (white) and have stock rims on them :P then i can maybe photoshop it a little and see how they turn out.. but again :P if not happy with colour.. there is always DO IT AGAIN! :P

Thanks for the comments.. i will prob list them all out and see which one would be best for my liking and easy to do.. (keep it silver? LOL!)

@ PHOBOI - do you just have side skirt or you have a front lip as well? coz that looks rly nice if its just side skirt :P cost less too i guess :P

Edited by kenneth

heys

i have rear and 2 sides.. when i took that photo my dad painted my STOCK front lip (thats the black front lip that comes standard) actually i was kinda liking it buh then i was like ... nah i want a front lip hahaha so yeh now i got a tivo front lip :P

buddy i advise u .. that ... having black rims .. is kinda better for 3 reasons based on my experience

1) with my car i got my door handles and strips on my door and they are black .. my window sills are black... so i fort hmm black rims can add to the collection of blackness onto the car

2) brake dust ... are black LOL so i fort hmm since my wheels are black i dont need to pay much attention to cleaning them ..

3) if u plan to paint ur brake calipers a certain color .. having black rims or dark rims will make it standard ( das wah i reckon )

buh yeh thosea re my reasons they mite not apply to everyone else

hope this help mate

anthony

heys

i have rear and 2 sides.. when i took that photo my dad painted my STOCK front lip (thats the black front lip that comes standard) actually i was kinda liking it buh then i was like ... nah i want a front lip hahaha so yeh now i got a tivo front lip :P

buddy i advise u .. that ... having black rims .. is kinda better for 3 reasons based on my experience

1) with my car i got my door handles and strips on my door and they are black .. my window sills are black... so i fort hmm black rims can add to the collection of blackness onto the car

2) brake dust ... are black LOL so i fort hmm since my wheels are black i dont need to pay much attention to cleaning them ..

3) if u plan to paint ur brake calipers a certain color .. having black rims or dark rims will make it standard ( das wah i reckon )

buh yeh thosea re my reasons they mite not apply to everyone else

hope this help mate

anthony

i hv to agree with ALL of them actually :P haha

2 black 2 white :toast:

top%20deck%20250g.jpg

hey kenny..what sportiyo and badboyz said is quite true..might give u a very unique corolla look ;) hehe

or if u can find a nice shade of bronze..would look good too..then u'll slowly morph into Ron's evil twin :spiteful:

2 black 2 white :toast:

top%20deck%20250g.jpg

hey kenny..what sportiyo and badboyz said is quite true..might give u a very unique corolla look ;) hehe

or if u can find a nice shade of bronze..would look good too..then u'll slowly morph into Ron's evil twin :spiteful:

2 black 2 white.. oh man! :P lets not go there :P!!!! haha.. it'd look like i just clean the front wheel and left the back wheel to die :P

but yeh.. bronze.. dunno if i can find a nice bronze or not.. i will look around super cheap... but yeh.. its a gamble.. black is probably easiest :P

I've never done any spray painting before so yeh :P

Lol why not black on one side and white on the other? I've tried that before, see in my avatar I have the white ones on, but on the other side of my car I still had my silver Advanti's on :toast:

Why don't you just try with the standard silver stivo ones for a while (did you look at my pics?) and then decide once you've thought about it a bit longer