Fuel consumption

TOYARIS

Hi guys!

I've just bought a new Yaris sedan YRS. Just curious what's your usual consumption.

I refueled it only twice. First time I got 8.3 per 100 km, last time 9.2/100. Looks a bit much though I don't accelerate much (usually don't go higher than 2000-2500 rpm). But 95% of time I drive in city - not on highways. I use normal unleaded petrol (Coles Express).

Anyway it'll be interesting to know your figures. :rolleyes:

I drive the company car, and it gets around 8-9L/100km, thats doing delivery. (1.3L + auto + City Driving)

Thanks for replying, looks that nobody else knows or wants to answer... :toast:

Due to your figures my consumption is not so bad...

Anyway I'd like to know the real figures for 1.5L engines as well, still hoping to see them!

this may not apply at all, but the fuel consumption of my dear little echo started going through the roof, up from 350ks on half to 200ks. Queried my favourite toyota monkey and she claimed that the dicount-docket fuel stations (you know who you are) sell schitenhowzen fuel that was most probably clogging the lines and filter up. At the time, I didn't see how the servos could get away with it until they replaced the fuel filter and showed to old one to me.

HS.

For the few cents perhaps dollar I save, I'd rather pay for fuel at a non-discount servo. Driving the rolla on fuel purchased that way has resulted in consistent economies of 400ks on half a tank.

this may not apply at all, but the fuel consumption of my dear little echo started going through the roof, up from 350ks on half to 200ks.

... that way has resulted in consistent economies of 400ks on half a tank.

As far as understood from your topic you claim that Caltex and Coles Express sell cheap fuel of poor quality. Maybe so.

But can you clarify your figures for me please. How much litres per 100 km did you have using cheap fuel and what's happening now? And by the way, what petrol do you use now? :D

this may not apply at all, but the fuel consumption of my dear little echo started going through the roof, up from 350ks on half to 200ks.

... that way has resulted in consistent economies of 400ks on half a tank.

As far as understood from your topic you claim that Caltex and Coles Express sell cheap fuel of poor quality. Maybe so.

But can you clarify your figures for me please. How much litres per 100 km did you have using cheap fuel and what's happening now? And by the way, what petrol do you use now? :D

Yes, I find the Albury branches of the Coles and Woolies servo stations to provide fuel of lesser quality (particularly in Albury). Stated and claimed. My echo was average 6.5L/100km initially, and then increased to about 8L/100km. The car was regularly serviced by Toyota (by my favourite and competent grease monkey) and cared for by moi. After putting up with a lot of my whinging, she finally replaced the fuel filter, which was looking like a sick, purulent, suppurative foot ulcer. She said, in her experience, that many people who bought fuel using shopper-dockets eventually had filters looking the like. The filter was subsequently replaced last week - I will give fuel consumption results in a couple of weeks and state what/which fuels were used.

• 1 month later...
quick question, on the current YARIS, does it tell ya how many litre/100km on the digital gauge??

Not on the Yaris sedan...just Odometer and 2 Tripmeters.

do you have a picture?? where is it located?

On the digital window with the fuel gauge and clock. There is a button to scroll between odometer and the 2 tripmeters above the CD player.

post-5096-1190966456_thumb.jpgpost-5096-1190967447_thumb.jpg

Edited by Borg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hi guys!

I've just bought a new Yaris sedan YRS. Just curious what's your usual consumption.

I refueled it only twice. First time I got 8.3 per 100 km, last time 9.2/100. Looks a bit much though I don't accelerate much (usually don't go higher than 2000-2500 rpm). But 95% of time I drive in city - not on highways. I use normal unleaded petrol (Coles Express).

Hey Newbie

Use the right fuel that is 90 Octane number or more. It may be expensive to look at but surely wil give you better results like 6 to 7 lits per 100 km

Hi guys!

Hey Newbie

Use the right fuel that is 90 Octane number or more. It may be expensive to look at but surely wil give you better results like 6 to 7 lits per 100 km

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
quick question, on the current YARIS, does it tell ya how many litre/100km on the digital gauge??

Not on the Yaris sedan...just Odometer and 2 Tripmeters.

do you have a picture?? where is it located?

On the digital window with the fuel gauge and clock. There is a button to scroll between odometer and the 2 tripmeters above the CD player.

post-5096-1190966456_thumb.jpgpost-5096-1190967447_thumb.jpg

European & UK models have the fuel consumption meter, but Toyota Australia deleted this feature so they could make more money. They deleted the intermitent feature off the rear wiper on the hatch too!

My other half swares by only putting in BP Ultimate in her car. Yeah it costs a bit more at the pump, but she seems to be constantly getting 600-650k's out of her tank.

Now to sounds dumb - Is that good?

I have a Manual YRX Hatch with a Hiclone, ITG High Flow Air Filter & NGK Iridium spark plugs fitted. I use only BP Ultimate fuel in the car. I always get 6Ltrs/100Km, which is slightly more than the manufacturers 6.1 figure I drive normally and don't ever thrash my car.

2006 Yaris YR

1.3L Auto

Mixture of 24km and 82km return trips with minimal traffic

Majority 1 person in car with max 2 on trips

Shell ULP used

I only note down the amount of km I do when I get to the last bar on my fuel guage

* Easy acceleration to the speed limit I have hit 670km

* Driving like I have somewhere important to go, not following the speed limit, I average 512km

Km have been done without using the air conditioner

Edited by enforcer