AE112R Corolla Sedan

Lawz

I chose the sedan because it is different and handles better than the liftback in my opinion. I was also influenced by this Hong Kong AE110 Sedan and this Corolla AE111 GT. I only wish Australia got the AE111 GT sedan with 20v Black Top. Such a pity Australia always gets the downgraded stuff sad.png

Just bought from the car yard...

W122972056575_3.jpg

What's been done...

ENGINE (1.8L 7A-FE 16v)

K&N oil Panel filter 33-2672

Removed factory intake resonator and rerouted new intake piping to left fog light hole. Modified fog light cover.

Top Gun Ignition leads

NGK Iridium IX spark plugs BKR6EIX

Penrite HPR 10 SAE 10W-50

Ryco Oil Filter Z386

2" catback exhaust

SUSPENSION & HANDLING

King Low Springs KTFL-45(front) and KTRL-82(rear)

KYB Excel-G Twin Tube gas shocks

Factory AE101 Levin 3 point front strut bar

Pedders Polyurethane bushes

EXTERIOR

Philips Crystal Vision 4350K headlight bulbs + LED parkers

painted calipers silver

Genuine AE112R Levin 2 piece front lower spoiler (76851-12130 & 76852-12090)

Debadged

Removed genuine TwinCam stickers off rear door bump strips

Resprayed sills, front and rear bars

Removed factory pin stripping

th_Image000.jpgth_IMG_0072.jpg

Wheels + Tyres

14" Corolla Conquest alloys wrapped in Silverstone 175s and Maxxis 185s treads

17"x7 Osaka Racing Voodoo 7 shadow chrome mag wheels wrapped in Toyo Trampio 205/60/R17 tread

15"x6 Corolla black steelies wrapped in Dunlop SP tread

14"x5.5" Corolla black steelies wrapped in Achilles 175/65/R14 tread.

14"x6 RAYS ENGINEERING NRS +38 mags wrapped in 185/60/R14 Bridgestone Potenza RE001 Adrenalins

15"x6 Toyota Corolla Sportivo mags with Bridgestone MY01 195/50/R15

Audio

Alpine 9885 MP3 iPod head unit

Alpine MRV-F545 V12 Series 4 channel amp

Alpine Type R 6.5" components

Polk Audio DB651 6.5" coaxials

Kenwood 12" 3012 subwoofer

Kicker and Sony 4 gauge wiring kits

Alpine MRD-M605 V12 Series Digital Monoblock

TBass Audio boot install

FullRiver HL70-12/GEL battery + custom battery mounting/brackets

Alpine SWR1242D Type R 12" subwoofer

th_IMG_0125.jpgth_IMG_0096.jpgth_IMG_0092.jpgth_IMG_0115.jpg

What she looks like these days... plain and boring haha

th_IMG_0012-2.jpgth_IMG_0005-2.jpgth_IMG_0040.jpgth_IMG_0021-1.jpg

th_IMAG0174.jpgth_IMAG0173.jpg

Looks aight man...

Nice to see another AE112 on the forum :) :) :) ...

Thanks Ben? Big fan of your corolla man. Will have few questions for ya about your engine bay later on as I want do a few things too :D

nice and clean looking...good potential for mods!

Thanks vivioman. I see we got a few camcrew members on here too. Good to see :)

• 2 months later...

Got K&N panel filter and Memorex intake piping in. Also fitted some new wheels on Tuesday.

17"x7 LWT Osaka Racing VooDoo 7s wrapped in Toyo TPG Trampio 205/40/R17s

th_IMG_0005.jpgth_IMG_0008.jpgth_IMG_0013.jpg

Will (94Camry) taking it for a spin after King Low springs & KYBs were installed

th_Image000.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hey man,

I've currently got one of these in a manual and seriously, don't go crazy with exhaust mods. Factory tubular manifold on these is pretty hard to beat as is the cat. I've got 2" coming out of the cat (that was cut and shaped to match the diameter) going through a 15" lukey hotdog and to a lukey rear with a droopy tip so you can't see it from the back of the car. 2" is almost perfect for this motor but if you don't have enough back pressure you'll be suffering from pretty bad valve bounce.

I've just fitted a set of 15" mags with a set of dunlop FM901 tyres and a set of the pedders springs on stock shocks. This set up will still more than likely out handle the driver. Not ragging on your skills but with this set up you can get very controlled lift off oversteer at over 140kph. As for the aesthetic side of things, thats just a personal choice, what ever you like. I bought this car as it looks very understated and clean.

Spent a bit of money on a set of decent front and rear speakers, quality deck and a 10" sub. Not loud, just nice. Next week come the brembo slotted discs with matching pads, stock calipers perform very well did help alot setting up a small piece of ducting to help cool them though.

haha haven't updated my thread in a long time. Um yeah I've got King Low Springs & KYB Excel G Twin Tube shocks in now but thinking about swapping for King Super Lows for 60mm drop. Have AE101 Levin front strut bar and AE112R 2 piece Levin front lower spoiler installed. have redone the intake with fresh piping from front bar to airbox with K&N panel filter. Exhaust I plan to go for Powerflo muffler and single tip, 2" pipe to Powerflo high flow cat. That'd be about it for engine mods until the 7A dies in I will go for 1ZZFE, Eaton supercharger and manual setup.

Audio I have Alpine 9885 headunit with custom backing/surrounds, Alpine 500w (662w) mono block, Alpine 12" Type R sub, Kicker wiring kit and soon to come Alpine 5 1/4" or 6.5" spilts... depends which one fits...

DanA would you shed some light on sizing of the speakers in front and rear... my fronts are crackling at the moment so I'll be needing new ones soon... so whats the size... I doubt 6.5 speaker would fit.

• 3 months later...

update...

Exhaust fitted... 2" exhaust system, with high flow cat, resonator, straight through muffler and twin stainless dump tips

th_IMG_0010.jpgth_IMG_0008-2.jpg

custom boot install... done by TBass Audio... Now have full Alpine Type R v12 sound system (9885 headunit, 6.5" splits, 4 channel amp and monoblock, big FullRiver battery, custom battery clamps/terminals... 90 % complete at the moment. Still need to dynamat doors and boot.

th_IMG_0125.jpgth_IMG_0096.jpgth_IMG_0115.jpgth_IMG_0120.jpgth_IMG_0092.jpgth_IMG_0104.jpg

• 1 year later...

haven't updated in ages... so here is what has happened since I last updated for those interested.

Update:

- AE101 Levin front strut bar

th_IMG_0021-1.jpg

- Removed TBass Audio boot install (will be for sale soon > 12" Alpine R sub and V12 monoblock)

- Removed TwinCam stickers on rear doors removed

- Resprayed front & rear bars

- Removed pinstripping

- RAYS ENGINEERING NRS 14"x6 +38 mags wrapped in 185/60/R14 Bridgestone Potenza RE001 Adrenalins

th_IMG_2013Medium.jpgth_IMG_0013-1.jpgth_IMG_0012-2.jpg

- Purchased AE112R Levin Sportivo fibreglass front lower spoiler. Trial fitment!

th_IMG_0046-1.jpgth_IMG_0040.jpgth_IMG_0033.jpg

how it used to sit

th_Image018.jpg

and the rear with 17s biggrin.gif Lots of scrubbage :)

th_Image002.jpg

how come u went back to the 14's mate? and why u take the boot install out...race spec now bro! weight reduction

Yes weight reduction definitely. But main reason is because I destroyed the 2 17s and needed replacements quick. 17s were too heavy so I wanted to cut that slack and get some power back at the treads. Also I like styling on Honda Civics so I wanted to sort of apply that JDMness LOL. I managed to find Rays Engineerings mags and I snapped them up the day they went on sale LOL. I also have a mortgage now so I'm tight on bling so I decided that things have to be sacrificed. So I chose to let the audio go as I don't listen to my music as loud anymore and I don't have the time nor can be bothered attending sound offs. But there are a few things in the works :) Only time and finances will tell...

Sounds to me like he is going to be selling her off :o

Evo

I would love to sell her for a Corolla Sportivo or Camry Touring or Aurion. But at the moment it's not feasible unless someone can offer me a good swap deal :)

Sounds to me like he is going to be selling her off :o

Evo

not with those rims i hope,i like that look.. nice one :)

Thanks mate. Yeah it's not too bad. I only wish they were 15 x 6.5 or 15x7 :D Just need to find some Rays wheel nuts :D hehe

And no I wouldn't sell them with the car no way. LOL I'm going to find out how much they were RRP.

Edited by 11TWO

Thanks mate. Yeah it's not too bad. I only wish they were 15 x 6.5 or 15x7 :D Just need to find some Rays wheel nuts :D hehe

And no I wouldn't sell them with the car no way. LOL I'm going to find out how much they were RRP.

15"s would be nice as iam not a fan of oversized rims, also i'd like to see your front 10mm lower, mudflaps gone and turbo sportivo

front spoiler,hmmm i can picture it now ;)

15"s would be nice as iam not a fan of oversized rims, also i'd like to see your front 10mm lower, mudflaps gone and turbo sportivo

front spoiler,hmmm i can picture it now ;)

yeah I regret I wasted all this cash on big wheels and audio boot install. Could have had turbo or manual conversion done by now LOL. I would love to close the gap in the front but I've got issues in the front with some speed bumps and driveways as is LOL. I had found some used King Superlows for it months ago but yeah changed my mind LOL. Maybe ISC coilovers :D... Sportivo lip has been on my mind since I've had the car. Have located an ebay crew that does it but I'm skeptical about the quality fitment.

• 2 months later...

Hey mate,

Nice ride, esp. those RAYS! Just wondering, is there a guide for removing AE112 Headunit? (I didn't find one using 'Search')

Cheers,

Peter.

Edited by dwee.

• 7 months later...

MATE U GOT NEW WHEELS???????????

Unfortunately no. Those SSRs in my signature are chopped LOL. We test fitted 15x8 SSRs... not a chance of fitting LOL

I do have few wheels I am looking at. KKRs 15x7, Bronze Rays 15x6.5, Sportmaxx 15x8

7a-ge or 7a-gze or 7a-gte your baby please :) ill donate $100

ive still got my ae112 (first car) thinking of just going 7a-ge (saving money for FT-86)

haha unfortunately if money was growing off trees... sure I'd do it but rather put in a 2ZZ-GE.

But at the moment I'm saving and looking for something else like Dual Cab 4x4 Hilux, Landcruiser 100 series, Aurion Sportivo, Corolla Levin ZRE, new model Civic Sport or Accord Euro and Honda Shadow or Suzuki GSXR :D

• 2 months later...