hotboxcivic's rolla

hotboxcivic

current mods:

Drift Ureathene pod filter

S15 wheels (gloss black)

Auto Exe wheel nuts

X-force twin loop axle back

Debadged, except for toyota emblem (gloss black)

Hi guys, new to the forum and new to rolla's.

Enough talk, here's my gen10 rolla sitting on GTR rims.

Image022.jpg

Image013.jpg

been trying to find some aftermarket suspension, but can't get my hands on anything besides TRD items that costs way too much.. someone shed some light to where i can start?

all i want to do is lower the center of gravity, improve the breathing and add an axle back. i need help finding this stuff, but not at TRD prices!

Edited by hotboxcivic

Try looking at the Kings Springs or Lovells Springs websites. They should have dealers in your area.

Eibach should also have dealers in Australia and I highly recommend eibach as I had them in my previous car and they were great!

Whereabouts are you in oz?

Edited by vivioman

theres this place in moorebank sydney that custom make springs and arent expensive at all. it might set you back about $400 i think. anyways they remove your original springs and make the same style but obviously lower and you can select what height you want your car to be and also the stiffness of the springs. hope this helps.

Sinan: call me a ricer but i'd rather go for a branded spring.

Vivioman: Sydney.

Here are the places I contaced:

- Lovells are W.I.P, a few months away

- Kings have "standard lows", lowers the car by 30-35mm and 160pound spring rate front & rear.

$320 for a set of 4.

- Bilstein have nothing listed as yet..

- Eibach have springs, but not in stock.

$580 for a set of 4.

- Nothing from Koni.

What's the pound conversion for kg for the springs?!?

Edited by hotboxcivic

thanks, believe it or not but my mum chose that colour..

i have a friend with a 04 sportivo, didn't mod it till 2007.. can't believe he'd wait that long..

Edited by hotboxcivic

welcome to TOCAU!!!

we having a meet next weekend in villawood @ 8pm would love to meet you and your ride :D

sounds good.. but i'm up for a 3 month suspension within the next few days..

where in sydney are you??? i'm in blacktown.

thanks northy, 70kgs? i know thats the conversion but what's that mean in spring rates? i thought springs average between 6-15??!?!

I can't believe an Australian company is still using pounds. The conversion ends up being 2.86kg/mm. Have you seen if Tein do a coilover kit for the ZRE chassis yet?

SuperDave: haven't checked with any of the Jap's besides TRD.. i don't know where to start!! that spring rate it way too soft.. i guess that crosses kings out..

GreddyES: yea i'm just waiting on the right springs!

SuperDave: haven't checked with any of the Jap's besides TRD.. i don't know where to start!! that spring rate it way too soft.. i guess that crosses kings out..

RS*R have a coilover kit out and lowering springs. But I feel what you are really after is coilovers, lowering springs don't get much over 3kg/mm.

http://page17.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/v24704103. I know yahoo sellers say they don't ship overseas, but I'm just pointing the item for you so you can ask someone like Nextmod to get them for you. The spring rates are F5kg/mm, R3.1kg/mm. RS*R also have lowering springs, F2.9 kg/mm and R3.11kg/mm.

Then there are these, I have never heard of them before, http://page15.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/t43282954

Edited by SuperDave

thanks for the find dave, i'm still undecided as to stick with springs or coils..

perhaps i should stick with TRD springs @ $555.00 a set as changing the original suspension will dramatically affect my warranty..

The 32 GTR gun metal wheels suit the colour well, maybe a little small for my taste though :P

Also a props for taking straight to the car with mods, more people need to harden the fark up with new cars and get into it - although this is easy done if the olds just bought the car for you ;)

• 3 months later...
thanks for the find dave, i'm still undecided as to stick with springs or coils..

perhaps i should stick with TRD springs @ $555.00 a set as changing the original suspension will dramatically affect my warranty..

I ring toyota australia, they set that changing to any aftermarket components will void the part that you change and any parts that are directly linked and affected. This includes TRD parts.

So getting TRD parts will void your suspension warranty.

I ring toyota australia, they set that changing to any aftermarket components will void the part that you change and any parts that are directly linked and affected. This includes TRD parts.

interesting, TRD/TOYOTA dealers will beg to differ. Call Castle Hill Toyota, they'll tell you otherwise.

interesting, TRD/TOYOTA dealers will beg to differ. Call Castle Hill Toyota, they'll tell you otherwise.

Yeh castle hill all pulling **** out of their ****.

" There is no warranty for the TRD parts or for problems occurring in vehicles to which they have been installed." http://trdparts.jp/english/