starting problems

gday guys listen im having a problem with starting my stivo.

when i turn the key instead of starting straight away it takes a while before kicking over.

has anyone had this problem?

im contcting toyota tomorrow about it but was just wondering if its a simple issue or not?

As far as I'm aware there is no way to manually adjust the timing on a 2zz (or 1zz for that matter) so it can't be "out" so to speak as it is completely controlled by the ECU.

Just hope toyota can replicate the issue when you take it in there, they usually say they cant replicate it and there's no problem :/

As far as I'm aware there is no way to manually adjust the timing on a 2zz (or 1zz for that matter) so it can't be "out" so to speak as it is completely controlled by the ECU.

Just hope toyota can replicate the issue when you take it in there, they usually say they cant replicate it and there's no problem :/

dont worry they will be able to replicate it.

they only serviced it 2 weeks ago and the last week its got worse and worse every day.

plus when i start it first time of the day its fine but after i drive it thats when i have the problem.

i reckon its omthing to do with the ecu because like i said in other topic ive had loss of power when tank is under half. i think the ecu is got the oxegen mixture mixed up when its got less fuel and thats why its not kickin over properly.

but what would i know im just the driver not the mechanic. but ill let ya know after i take it back to em.

plus im bringin up the issue with the gears jamming in high revs too.

I have had that problem too. It takes a while for the engine to start. Like it's choking. I think it's coz the battery is small and doesn't provide enough power to start the engine. That was what I was told by a fren. Could be wrong though.

About the timing, I thought you can adjust the timing. From memory, someone here said that when the ECU was changed the timing should have been adjusted to 24 degrees. The stock ECU was 21 degrees. Doesn't that mean that the timing can be adjusted?

that timing change is internal to the ECU, a friend who is a mechanic at one of the dealers in Brisbane has confirmed there is no way to manually set the timing.

theres nothing 2 replicate on my car its been caused from

a dealer which will remain anonamus that had the head off, so my timing is out 1 tooth which is causing it 2 run rich and making it hard 2 start this dealer also failed 2 set the inlet valve clearences which are all also wrong

Edited by rollagrl

izzfe i think you are right. i had this problem (zze122 sedan) when the car was 3 months old.

i took it to lane toyota twice and they could not find the problem. they lied to me too. they said they replaced the key reader as they thought it was not accepting the key to turn off the immobiliser but when i asked them for the invoice they could never give it to me.

i then took it to nunwading toyota and they also could not find the problem.

i then went to brighton toyota and they were very helpful. i took the car to them twice and they found the problem.

it was the fuel line the pump and regulator was replaced.

thanks guys im thinking it might have somthing to do with fuel aswel.

its going in to toyota tomoz.

hopefully they will fix the problem.

it ****s me so bad that ihave new car and its having an issue already.

the weird thing is it was just serviced 2 weeks ago by them and it was abit sluggish after i got it back and now this.

ill let yas know how i go

thanks guys im thinking it might have somthing to do with fuel aswel.

its going in to toyota tomoz.

hopefully they will fix the problem.

it ****s me so bad that ihave new car and its having an issue already.

the weird thing is it was just serviced 2 weeks ago by them and it was abit sluggish after i got it back and now this.

ill let yas know how i go

Could it be spark plugs? Or maybe engine oil?