Just got these in!

H1Rolla

Have had these for a while now, but just finished the install on friday. I am still driving them in but they do sound great, definitley a more throaty sound from the engine now, especially up in the rev range. Crower 'claim' a 10-20% gain on a stock 1zz engine, whether that is true or not who knows...but it would be nice! Monkey Wrench also believe these to work super well with the trd charger setup, but also believe there are good gains from a stock 1zz.

p1040768os2.jpg

p1040776ki2.jpg

So yeh once i test them out a bit i can give more feedback.

cheers,

Harry

hmmms,

i reckon i'd be more keen if someone else had tried some cams out in the 2ZZ *cough* dylan *cough*

hehe

how about u volunteer chris and let us know how u go ? :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :whistling:

Once you add in the cost of upgrading the valve train and an ECU, if you want the most benefit, they aren't so cheap. Shipped from Piper to your door they are about $1500 for either stage 1,2 or 3. But that doesn't include taxes. Or about $1200 without shipping or tax from MWR, but they are on special this month :o. Edit: Stage 1 do not require upgraded valvetrain.

Anyway this thread is about Harry needing to go to Willowbank to show them off.

Edited by SuperDave

haha nice, there seems to be a lot of interest and yes it is rare that a topic is not about a CAI!

All up for the cams and install (not including tune) it cost around $1000...which is quite expensive. Even though Crower say that stage 1 doesn't need a tune, which they don't, i would recommend getting one. I will be getting one soon, as i think they really do benefit from one.

Also regarding cams in a NA car...there is noticeable gains up in the rev range, especially in 2nd and 3rd, that is what i have felt anyway. However, the gains in a FI car would be much better, with a good tune.

Edited by H1Rolla

haha nice, there seems to be a lot of interest and yes it is rare that a topic is not about a CAI!

All up for the cams and install (not including tune) it cost around $1000...which is quite expensive. Even though Crower say that stage 1 doesn't need a tune, which they don't, i would recommend getting one. I will be getting one soon, as i think they really do benefit from one.

Also regarding cams in a NA car...there is noticeable gains up in the rev range, especially in 2nd and 3rd, that is what i have felt anyway. However, the gains in a FI car would be much better, with a good tune.

$1000 USD or AUD?????? If it cost that much installed then I wouldn't mind a stage 2 put into my sportivo. Sometimes it feels like it takes forever to get into lift....

$1000 USD or AUD?????? If it cost that much installed then I wouldn't mind a stage 2 put into my sportivo. Sometimes it feels like it takes forever to get into lift....

Crower only make 1zz cams, you need to buy Piper cams for the 2zz, price and information for them are listed above in my last post.

• 1 month later...

yup my cams have been in for a little while now and there is more pull high up in the revs. However there is a definitley less down low. With a full tune (ie. emanage) the cams would be much better. Or something like a supercharger, :spiteful:

I bought crowers for my GSi teg years ago Stage2s..

with valve train gear and cam gears..'

I never got around to instaling but i sold them to a mate and he put them in..

with out tuning the car idled like a truck!!!

after tunning with EMS stinger he gained 18hp ATW!!!!

Ive had a run with him side by side and this teg would bust out a 14sec pass!!!!

Great cams...

Their vtec profiles arent realy that agresive thats y im opting for a Japanese brand..

Get them tuned to feel an even bigger difference!!!!!

Ciao, is necessary an ecu's remapping with installing the new cams?

I've the Camcon and these Crowers would excellent..... :spiteful:

Why spend 1000s on cams and valvetrain gear and be happy with a car that only makes 2hp more and idles like crap???

when you can tune it and make 20hp and make it idle so sweet!!!!