Factory Headunit Replacement

AUR15

Hi I was getting my Amp installed today and we found that I needed a line converter to convert the stereo wires into RCA leads for the Amp.

I was wonder as I have a double bin factory Headunit, how easy would it be to get a new single din headunit with a tray underneath? I noticed on the side of the headunit there was a bracket which bolted it in the the car, and was wondering if that would come off and attach to a new headunit and tray easily?

Your wise help will be much appriciated :)

The Hammer

p.s I'll try and get a pic when we try again in the next couple of days

Thanks for the advice, but i've opted to just replace the Headunit now instead of later.

I'll be sure to post pics when my beast is done. As I have just ordered a Pioneer 5950 headunit to replace the factory headunit (Which doesnt even have 1 RCA output!) and I also got a single din storage pocket to go underneath. I was scared it wouldn't fit, but Maroochy Car Sound gave me a side adapter which will make the new headunit and pocket fit perfectly! then my Fuison 300W amp will power my 400W 12" Fusion Sub, and things will be pumpin!

here's my 1 minute MS paint diagram (its more sad than funny, but thats what makes it funny lol)

The Hammer