Wiring harness?!?!?!

AUR15

Hey, do I need a wiring harness to get my pioneer headunit to work, I read somewhere that its not advisable to cut the stock factory plug off and reattach them to the pioneer wiring harness?

Does anybody know where to get them if I need them????

Or does anybody know if the speaker wires behind the headunit have something to identify which speaker they are (left front etc?)

The Hammer

I used one of these for my headunit install,

Basically, it plugs into the toyota wiring harness in your car, and on the other end has all the wires to join your pioneer head unit to.

Its great, cause if you want to pull your headunit out and put the stock one back in, you just unplug it and walla you're done.

Saves you from butchering your toyota harness..

Oh and the cables also have function of that particular wire printed on the cable - i.e - FL+, FL-, 12V, ACC ect.

TRY HERE AGAIN

Hope it helps.

Chris

soldering is ALWAYS better than using a harness or even the dreaded twist and tape method... BUT if you do want to keep your car looking untouched etc then yea a wiring harness will work well... i'm not sure if they'll have any for the new model rolla but try it out... i think Aerpro makes them check out the site...

Oh well i doesn't matter cos I screwed up my headunit installation. So I am just getting it done by professionals cos I don't want my Sound system to not work, and I dont have any audio till Friday arvo....(sigh)

A really old soldering iron was being annoying like usual and I had to cut one of the wires down to about 4cm length wise, Besides I don't won't to risk it, but other than that my Sub and Amp are all hooked up, except no headunit to use it! (sigh) why me? (sigh)

all you need is an RCA adaptor and hook that up to your front left and right speaker cables. im using my stock head unit and got 2 amps, sub and punch 3way speakers hooked up to it.

only cost 15 bucks!?

but if your keen on getting your aftermarket HU now then dont worry bout it.

id keep shopping round til im sure i know i can get everything i want for a good price.

• 3 months later...

So I have a '99 Celica.

I'd like to use harness too after having not in my previous car.

I'll try SuperCheap on boxing day. But my problem is the cars wire colours dont entirely match the wiring PDF from installdr

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf

The problem is the ground wire. It says it should be Black, but the position its putting to in the diagram..mine is Orange.

Will the correct Harness take care of all that ?

Thanks

PS Merry Xmas all!!

So I have a '99 Celica.

I'd like to use harness too after having not in my previous car.

I'll try SuperCheap on boxing day. But my problem is the cars wire colours dont entirely match the wiring PDF from installdr

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf

The problem is the ground wire. It says it should be Black, but the position its putting to in the diagram..mine is Orange.

Will the correct Harness take care of all that ?

Thanks

PS Merry Xmas all!!

Try going by the letters of each pin on the harness rather than the colour.

my guess is that a wiring harness should solve your problem.

its just a plug that connects into your cars existing wiring that you either solder/crimp to your new head unit.

just match the colours from the wires coming out of your new head unit to the wiring harness and it should be ok.

i bought one at autobarn... but if you cant find one that specifically specifies that its for the celica, its still safe to use one thats for another recent toyota.

Try going by the letters of each pin on the harness rather than the colour.

Thanks mate.

I have the harness here, I have cut off the harness on the other end of the car side and wired it up to my stereo, all colours and names matched perfectly. Now I'll just plug it in. The Orange from the car will go to my stereo's ground/black, I guess thats how its meant to be!

Thanks guys.

All went very smoothly with the wiring. Apart from now the Antenna goes up once the Stereo is on, even if only using CD, whereas before, it would only come up if radio was accessed, otherwise stay down.

Fitting the unit meant some searching for screws and stripping it right back, taking its shroud off etc.

Thanks, so glad to finally have it in......Bluetooth phone calls, SD memory card and MP3 CD's here we come again!!

:yahoo:

• 11 months later...

does anyone know the model number of the aerpro wiring harness for the 2005 corolla. ive bought one of them but it isnt the same as the harness that came in the car. really dont want to splice the cables because ill just be using up time i dont have. if anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated!!!