2007 new corolla sedan

chopin

Hi guys, I am new here, I am from sydney.

After many years of driving honda civic....I am now converted to Toyota. I bought a latest face lifted sedan..I liked it a lot, its better looking than the new civic.-a bit like a robot cop face.

My first mods is to power up the stock 1.8 -100kw engine. I understand I have to do

1)complete exhaust-2.5 inch

2) CAIntake

3) low profile toyo from 60 series to 50(lower the final diff)

4) after market ecu/??

Do any of you did a serious computer mod on 100Kw engine and tuned on dyno?

I would appreciate your feed back and sharing your experiences with me.

Thanks

There is a few of us that have done this to the 03 and face lift models, but remember the 2007 corolla is alot heavier, than the previous models. Power to weight isn't that great. You can start with a CAI and header is they are available, i rekon this two mod is the most important, and also 2.25 zorst. You can go for a after market ecu afterwards if you still want pursue it.

Before you do all that take your car down to the 1/4 to see what you doing now and after all the mods.

Cheers

Panel filter is a waste of money.......the panel filter does not induce a significant pressure drop..... Save that money towards something better. If you want a throaty sound, remove the snorkel from the airbox. Its free and sounds great

Totally agree. I done this mod & sounds great. But is not free...I bought a pipe & attach to it, make sure it sick the cold air :).

I own a 07 conquest hatch. I have only added wheels so far. I have looked into exhaust mods but the new corolla has a totally new system compared to the last model. The cat and muffler are combined into one unit with a resinator at the back. The guys at the exhaust shop said the actual muffler may have to be modified, this may than hurt the warranty. :angry:

Let me now if you work something out with the exhaust. :spiteful:

Haha I would never bother wacking a turbo into my car. I dont see the point. I dont race at the track, and dont particuarly want to race on the street. I would have spent the money on a better car to start off with.

Thank guys, I was asking is t28 ready to go for 200kw at the fly wheel at 10:0:1 or I really need to drop my compression/?? How far can I go with out any engine mod, after adding turbos...

Thanks

Speak to Xoom.. I think he prob knows more about that stuff than a few people on here(no offence to anyone, as i know there's quite a few knowledgeable ppl on here also) as he's turbo'd his sportivo..PM him or something