DVD player with 7" screen for AURION & CAMRY +2006

Presara

Howdy all, I've seen people in various posts discuss how they'd like to have DVD and/or Sat Nav in their Aurion. Well I stumbled on an aftermarket solution that looks factory.

For those of you looking to add that enviable extra without forking out huge coin to do so check this out: http://stores.ebay.com.au/Advanced-Car-Electronics-Online

Priced from $1,399.00

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:

Car Entertainment System for Toyota Camry/Aurion 06+

Multifunction In-Dash System, functions include DVD Player, Digital TV (external digital tuner), Bluetooth, Satellite Navigation (optional and not included with this item).

The unit comes as a ready-to-install complete package with wiring harness, reverse camera and car tv antenna. No modification to your car is required for installation.

• 7'' wide 16:9 High Definition Screen with Touch Screen Control

• High Sensitive FM/AM Digital Radio Tuner

• Supports discs: DVD, VCD, CD, MP3, JPEG, MP4, WMA

• Supports 6 Disc DVD changer control

• Supports Digital TV tuner input

• Supports Reverse sensors input

• Supports Bluetooth function

• USB port supports MP3, WMA audio and picture files

SD/MMC Memory Card Slot

• Interface for GPS Navigator

• Automatic interface for Reverse camera

• Automatic adjustment of screen brightness according to light intensity with Screen Saver option

• 4 X 45W and 5.1ch Dolby Digital audio outputs

• IR Remote Control

• 1 year warranty

Please note: This is an aftermarket unit designed to fit Toyota Camry Altise / Aurion 06+

Installation service is available in Adelaide

post-5358-1190022606_thumb.jpg

Edited by Presara

Howdy all, I've seen people in various posts discuss how they'd like to have DVD and/or Sat Nav in their Aurion. Well I stumbled on an aftermarket solution that looks factory.

For those of you looking to add that enviable extra without forking out huge coin to do so check this out: http://stores.ebay.com.au/Advanced-Car-Electronics-Online

Priced from $1,399.00

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION:

Car Entertainment System for Toyota Camry/Aurion 06+

Multifunction In-Dash System, functions include DVD Player, Digital TV (external digital tuner), Bluetooth, Satellite Navigation (optional and not included with this item).

The unit comes as a ready-to-install complete package with wiring harness, reverse camera and car tv antenna. No modification to your car is required for installation.

• 7'' wide 16:9 High Definition Screen with Touch Screen Control

• High Sensitive FM/AM Digital Radio Tuner

• Supports discs: DVD, VCD, CD, MP3, JPEG, MP4, WMA

• Supports 6 Disc DVD changer control

• Supports Digital TV tuner input

• Supports Reverse sensors input

• Supports Bluetooth function

• USB port supports MP3, WMA audio and picture files

SD/MMC Memory Card Slot

• Interface for GPS Navigator

• Automatic interface for Reverse camera

• Automatic adjustment of screen brightness according to light intensity with Screen Saver option

• 4 X 45W and 5.1ch Dolby Digital audio outputs

• IR Remote Control

• 1 year warranty

Please note: This is an aftermarket unit designed to fit Toyota Camry Altise / Aurion 06+

Installation service is available in Adelaide

nice but i can find em for cheaper than that :)

$800.00 is great $$$ considering what you get.

Can you help people by directing them as to where they can buy them for that kind of money?

I stumbled upon them in ebay for $1,400.00 and your talking almost half that, yet when i try to find any other supplier on the net I'm unable to find another supplier, let alone one cheaper.

Can you help other Aurion/Camry owners out?

• 5 months later...
I'm interested too. I think $1399.00 is far too dear.

does the factory sat nav have tv and dvd playing feature like this one does?

TV? Nah man...I doubt that..

Got 1 from the factory and doesnt seem like i can watch tv from it.

For dvd, not 2 sure. the GPS uses dvd thou.

I wish i can play a dvd player in the car using the 1 from factory.. :(

Anyone know where to purchase one of these Sat Nav aftermarket units (apart from eBay)?

no idea but if i get the factory sat nav for the aurion zr6 im going to take it to a place to see if they can do something to it to play dvds. lol if they say for 200-250 well do it. im willing to give them that much. would be awesome to watch music clips when driving or watching dvds on road trips.

Anyone know where to purchase one of these Sat Nav aftermarket units (apart from eBay)?

no idea but if i get the factory sat nav for the aurion zr6 im going to take it to a place to see if they can do something to it to play dvds. lol if they say for 200-250 well do it. im willing to give them that much. would be awesome to watch music clips when driving or watching dvds on road trips.

goto www.burgdesign.com.au they sell them there. IMO these are rubbish, most likely using a older gen LCD screen (viewable from dead on only), and most likely cannot be updated. I would rather spend around 2k and get a aftermarket head unit and get a car interior design business to blend it into the console a bit more.

In regards to factory, Remember your will probably void your warranty on that unit when tampering with it. Also there is some legality around driving and watching videos. Most aftermarket units like the Kenwood I have, your *off the shelf install* only allows you to watch the videos while the *parking break is engaged*, theres ways around it but if possibly a cop passes next to you and sees it on he may book you.

goto www.burgdesign.com.au they sell them there. IMO these are rubbish, most likely using a older gen LCD screen (viewable from dead on only), and most likely cannot be updated. I would rather spend around 2k and get a aftermarket head unit and get a car interior design business to blend it into the console a bit more.

In regards to factory, Remember your will probably void your warranty on that unit when tampering with it. Also there is some legality around driving and watching videos. Most aftermarket units like the Kenwood I have, your *off the shelf install* only allows you to watch the videos while the *parking break is engaged*, theres ways around it but if possibly a cop passes next to you and sees it on he may book you.

Are you saying those aftermarket units from burgdesign.com.au are ****house?

• 5 weeks later...

you can also try www.auspack-electronics.com They sell them for around $800.00 and are based in Melbourne

Burgdesign sell the Roadrover (Chinese co.) made unit for around $1,800.00 (see attached photos). Way too expensive I think considering you can import one direct from China - with Australian maps - for around $1,000.00. Im tossing up between this unit and the one auspack-electronics sells for around $900.00. I think the Roadrover menu system is better and more attractive than the other one - just my opinion.

post-5934-1208767687_thumb.jpg

post-5934-1208767716_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sanz

is that sarcasm lol....

hey guys, ive got a camry (recent) selling my dvd touch screen if anyones intrested. its a pioneer avic hd-3 and yes it only has australia wide mappings too, got from a mate that works at audio-fx. i will also throw in the genuwine face cover to fit the unit in as well. the aurions and camrys cd players are exactly the same! i want it gone for $2700, of corse prices are neg.

The auspack-electronics unit doesn't have quite as many features and displays the Toyota Logo with the word "Camry" underneath it when starting DVD's. Great for a Camry but not for an Aurion! The unit from Burgs Designs seems way too expensive for what it is.

hey guys, ive got a camry (recent) selling my dvd touch screen if anyones intrested. its a pioneer avic hd-3 and yes it only has australia wide mappings too, got from a mate that works at audio-fx. i will also throw in the genuwine face cover to fit the unit in as well. the aurions and camrys cd players are exactly the same! i want it gone for $2700, of corse prices are neg.

Damn thats a nice unit, why are you selling it?

• 3 weeks later...

Contacted Austpack and the price is really competitive. Has anyone there bought from them before and did the installation of the Camry/Aurion unit? According to them this is a plug & play unit. I need some advise and feedback if anyone out there care to share their experiences. The other mob is more then double the price but include installation. :(

Contacted Austpack and the price is really competitive. Has anyone there bought from them before and did the installation of the Camry/Aurion unit? According to them this is a plug & play unit. I need some advise and feedback if anyone out there care to share their experiences. The other mob is more then double the price but include installation. :(

Any HU is not that different with installation. Plug and play or not, that price just doesn't worth going there.. meaning, with that price, you can get much decent aftermarket HU from other brands..

Any HU is not that different with installation. Plug and play or not, that price just doesn't worth going there.. meaning, with that price, you can get much decent aftermarket HU from other brands..

Thanks Dannywss for your feedback, I see where you are coming from, I think my requirement is very simple, I wanted is to have a build in GPS and reverse camera and also having the OEM look on the dashboard and for $900 without installation perhaps it is worth considering? Also I want to make sure the buttons on the steering work without any adaptor required especially the display button for the changes of the indication on the speedo.

Thanks Dannywss for your feedback, I see where you are coming from, I think my requirement is very simple, I wanted is to have a build in GPS and reverse camera and also having the OEM look on the dashboard and for $900 without installation perhaps it is worth considering? Also I want to make sure the buttons on the steering work without any adaptor required especially the display button for the changes of the indication on the speedo.

If u dont care about sound quality, then yes, go for this HU. But i doubt the display button and volume will work. AND this HU offering at $13xx DOESNT include the navigation too YET(OPTIONAL) so what you gonna do with the navi? i believe the cost of making the navi works will cost you another few hundreds(cost to $1k? maybe?) Coz you will need a receiver, a navi disc and some wirings..

Reverse camera is easy, a camera is around $150, few dollar for wires, then a monitor($200).. EVEN if you bought this HU, u still gonna need to buy a camera no?

so basically, this aftermarket HU is NOT TAT GREAT AS IT SEES.. you gonna spend a few hundred more to make it fully function.

Good luck, these are my opinions..

I purchased the one from Auspack Electronics last week. Was going to take photos this weekend and start a new thread.

Anyway its absolutely perfect. Picture quality is amazing. It is Plug and play to a certain degree. You will need to wire in the reverse camera, the power for the tv antenna, and the handbrake switch (which you can just earth so the DVD works all the time). The steering wheel buttons all work perfectly too. There is a factory harness adaptor which it comes with so it simply just plugs in.

DVD, NAV, Radio, Reverse Camera, USB, etc all - Brilliant

Ipod interface works perfectly, however the screen colours used are not to my liking. Hard to read the playlist.

Sound Quality varies depending on how you wire it up. If you just connect is per the factory wiring that it is supplid with, it sounds like the factory stereo which is still ok, However It also beeps everytime you press a button or touch the screen - gets annoying.

I wired mine up to my amp as it has RCA outputs. Sound is fantastic - couldn't be happier. The beep is also eliminated when you wire up via an amp. (the unit also has an AMP trigger wire to switch your amp on and off).

Screen resolution is best i've seen in a car. 1440 hi res is correct and it is viewable from any angle in the car. Even from the front with no loss in picture quality.

I would recommend this to anyone thinking about it. I'll post photos over the weekend.

I purchased the one from Auspack Electronics last week. Was going to take photos this weekend and start a new thread.

Anyway its absolutely perfect. Picture quality is amazing. It is Plug and play to a certain degree. You will need to wire in the reverse camera, the power for the tv antenna, and the handbrake switch (which you can just earth so the DVD works all the time). The steering wheel buttons all work perfectly too. There is a factory harness adaptor which it comes with so it simply just plugs in.

DVD, NAV, Radio, Reverse Camera, USB, etc all - Brilliant

Ipod interface works perfectly, however the screen colours used are not to my liking. Hard to read the playlist.

Sound Quality varies depending on how you wire it up. If you just connect is per the factory wiring that it is supplid with, it sounds like the factory stereo which is still ok, However It also beeps everytime you press a button or touch the screen - gets annoying.

I wired mine up to my amp as it has RCA outputs. Sound is fantastic - couldn't be happier. The beep is also eliminated when you wire up via an amp. (the unit also has an AMP trigger wire to switch your amp on and off).

Screen resolution is best i've seen in a car. 1440 hi res is correct and it is viewable from any angle in the car. Even from the front with no loss in picture quality.

I would recommend this to anyone thinking about it. I'll post photos over the weekend.

Hi DKZr6,

Thanks for your feedback mate. To me the sound should be ok as I am quite ok with the existing OEM player sound quality anyway. I have no intention of getting the boom box anymore, it is an addiction, I stay away from it now. I just want to confirm that this unit work with the steering buttons. I believe you can use the exiting sockets to an extend? When you open a new thread I will post some photos as well, going to pick up this unit this afternoon and I will give you guys my review. I don't think i am going to complain too much for a unit which is less then $900. :rolleyes: