DVD player with 7" screen for AURION & CAMRY +2006

Presara

Contacted Austpack and the price is really competitive. Has anyone there bought from them before and did the installation of the Camry/Aurion unit? According to them this is a plug & play unit. I need some advise and feedback if anyone out there care to share their experiences. The other mob is more then double the price but include installation. :(

I purchased the one from Auspack Electronics last week. Was going to take photos this weekend and start a new thread.

Anyway its absolutely perfect. Picture quality is amazing. It is Plug and play to a certain degree. You will need to wire in the reverse camera, the power for the tv antenna, and the handbrake switch (which you can just earth so the DVD works all the time). The steering wheel buttons all work perfectly too. There is a factory harness adaptor which it comes with so it simply just plugs in.

DVD, NAV, Radio, Reverse Camera, USB, etc all - Brilliant

Ipod interface works perfectly, however the screen colours used are not to my liking. Hard to read the playlist.

Sound Quality varies depending on how you wire it up. If you just connect is per the factory wiring that it is supplid with, it sounds like the factory stereo which is still ok, However It also beeps everytime you press a button or touch the screen - gets annoying.

I wired mine up to my amp as it has RCA outputs. Sound is fantastic - couldn't be happier. The beep is also eliminated when you wire up via an amp. (the unit also has an AMP trigger wire to switch your amp on and off).

Screen resolution is best i've seen in a car. 1440 hi res is correct and it is viewable from any angle in the car. Even from the front with no loss in picture quality.

I would recommend this to anyone thinking about it. I'll post photos over the weekend.

Thanks so much for your review!

I've been tossing and turning about which aftermarket unit to get for months! I personally like the Roadrover unit better, that's the other one you see on Ebay for around $1500+, but I don't wan't to spend that much. When you compare the spec's between the two, they are very similiar (I really only like the interface on the other one a bit better, no big deal really). But for around $900, I think you have 100% convinced me to go get this unit!

Please, please, please post some photos ASAP! I would love to see how it looks in the car.

Thanks greatly!

Edited by Sanz

Contacted Austpack and the price is really competitive. Has anyone there bought from them before and did the installation of the Camry/Aurion unit? According to them this is a plug & play unit. I need some advise and feedback if anyone out there care to share their experiences. The other mob is more then double the price but include installation. :(

I purchased the one from Auspack Electronics last week. Was going to take photos this weekend and start a new thread.

Anyway its absolutely perfect. Picture quality is amazing. It is Plug and play to a certain degree. You will need to wire in the reverse camera, the power for the tv antenna, and the handbrake switch (which you can just earth so the DVD works all the time). The steering wheel buttons all work perfectly too. There is a factory harness adaptor which it comes with so it simply just plugs in.

DVD, NAV, Radio, Reverse Camera, USB, etc all - Brilliant

Ipod interface works perfectly, however the screen colours used are not to my liking. Hard to read the playlist.

Sound Quality varies depending on how you wire it up. If you just connect is per the factory wiring that it is supplid with, it sounds like the factory stereo which is still ok, However It also beeps everytime you press a button or touch the screen - gets annoying.

I wired mine up to my amp as it has RCA outputs. Sound is fantastic - couldn't be happier. The beep is also eliminated when you wire up via an amp. (the unit also has an AMP trigger wire to switch your amp on and off).

Screen resolution is best i've seen in a car. 1440 hi res is correct and it is viewable from any angle in the car. Even from the front with no loss in picture quality.

I would recommend this to anyone thinking about it. I'll post photos over the weekend.

Not really the kind of news I wanted to hear. Looks like I know where my next paycheck is going. Guess I'll have to watch my spending for the next week.

I've been looking at the Auspack unit for a while and wondering if it's price was too good to be true. I really want to change my head unit as the 6-CD changes just doesn't satisfy me 100%. I was so close to buying that Auspack unit, but just couldn't go ahead and bite the bullet. Thanks for taking that chance for us.

Guys,

Just to let you all I got the unit this afternoon and had installed it. What you see is what you get and for $900 I can't complain about the quality. The sound quality is more or less the same as the OEM unit, but the beauty is you get the GPS 2007 Q2, TV Tuner (I did not install), Reverse camera set (next weekend project), DVD is up and running (Picture quality, can't complain), Radio (with RDS). The only annoying thing is the beep sound when you adjust the volume up or down (commented by DKZR6 by the way Austpack send his regard). Installation was easy just plug and play.

Here are some pictures I took just now. I personally think is value for money.

post-4664-1210928033_thumb.jpg

post-4664-1210928047_thumb.jpg

hi guys: is there any website i can go to to look at it? i live in Nsw, so any place where to get it around here?

any help would be appreciated. :help:

cheers

Argie,

If you follow the thread in page 1 you will find the information you need. The one I got is from Melbourne, not sure in NSW.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know if a new version is coming out soon cos this thing runs Windows CE 4.2 which is like a million years old. Also, if the maps are easy to upgrade cos they are a year old as well :(

Does anybody know if a new version is coming out soon cos this thing runs Windows CE 4.2 which is like a million years old. Also, if the maps are easy to upgrade cos they are a year old as well :(

Apologies for the hijack here. Your car black?

Apologies for the hijack here. Your car black?

Yeah its black with 19"

I have one of the Auspack units and to my dissapointment all it shows when playing normal CD's is the Toyota Logo and a small line indicating track number, time elapsed etc. At least some other image should be displayed similar to that of the CDC Changer etc..

Hey guys i found this installment in a aurion / camry. Its a Kenwood DDX 7039 package. Its got one of those surrounding facia units. First of all has anyone heard of the unit and is it a good one. And second, does anyone know whos selling the modified surround facia to go with a 7" screen for the Aurion / camry. I know they were selling them on ebay about 1 month ago, but cant find them anywhere on the net. Attached are some photos.

Edited by BONDIE

Hey guys i found this installment in a aurion / camry. Its a Kenwood DDX 7039 package. Its got one of those surrounding facia units. First of all has anyone heard of the unit and is it a good one. And second, does anyone know whos selling the modified surround facia to go with a 7" screen for the Aurion / camry. I know they were selling them on ebay about 1 month ago, but cant find them anywhere on the net. Attached are some photos.

first Q: i cant answer, i love alpine~

2nd Q: they were sold on ebay, no one buys it sadly.. you can buy from many audio shops that sell Aerpro products, the kit is sold by them.. it comes to fit 7" screen.. if u still cant find, i can give u my frien who works in Audiofx, melb.

first Q: i cant answer, i love alpine~

2nd Q: they were sold on ebay, no one buys it sadly.. you can buy from many audio shops that sell Aerpro products, the kit is sold by them.. it comes to fit 7" screen.. if u still cant find, i can give u my frien who works in Audiofx, melb.

Cheers bud, ill look them up.

I have one of the Auspack units and to my dissapointment all it shows when playing normal CD's is the Toyota Logo and a small line indicating track number, time elapsed etc. At least some other image should be displayed similar to that of the CDC Changer etc..

can you switch it to the sat nav while playing cds/dvds?

can you switch it to the sat nav while playing cds/dvds?

I can tell you the answer to your question is yes.

My Aurion already comes with a 6 CD system, will I be able to use all 6 cds with this headunit?

If this is in reference to the Auspack unit, why use 6 CD's when you can use just 1 DVD? So in a way, I guess you can say that you can use all 6 CD's with that head unit... just not in the physical sense.

• 2 months later...

Hi & Welcome

I am happy together with you in the Forum and I hope assistance

I have changed my cd player in my car toyota aurion to Car Navigator & Entertainment System .

It works well But they were lock the main interface by the company I can not enter the system to Change background or install software or change navigation system .

Please help me How to open or unlock the opening screen .

Model : A2270cm

This is the screen

6ab76e5f73.jpg

This is the main interface

5cd8d9a1ed.jpg

Thanks