Performance Chips

colinla

Don't bother with those so called 'chips'. Its a waste of money!! If your looking for gains then a piggyback computer might be your answer...

normally performance chips just fool the ecu one way or another true, generally they just tell the ecu it is colder than it is.

the next generation tri-phase has 3 settings and is claimed that it is a performance chip not a sensor changer.

the reason i wanted to use the above for the ability to turn it off by switch and not have the program reinstalled as the Jet and Ues systems.

anyone else used chips or knows of any one who can make these modifications on a dyno.

wisely said.

i think maybe gains you need big engine work an an na Vitz

Gentlemen, i need to introduce you to the works modife/customize it's a billion business, if i went back and bought her another large car as before she will still want to modifie it as she thas requested before, thats why we buy Harleys and customize to our own taste, 80% of this forum modifie/customize there cars just to be different and to suit what ever they are looking for, the other 20% just read about it. just recieved a extreme full boby kit for this Yaris from ssv in Syd and looks good in the box so far.

Why because i can.

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I searched for some time and sadly to say, you pretty much useless buying those "SO CALLED" performance chips. The best buck for your wallet is to get a turbo or supercharger. Chipping the 1.5L or 1.3L engine wont do you much, most you'll get is 2-5kw if you're lucky. Toyota put that engine on the Yaris for a reason, and that was fuel efficiency not powwwaaa.

one thing you might consider before putting a turbo or s/c, try finding out on the cost of doing an engine transplant with the 2ZZ-GE (1.8L VVTL-i) I know that in Europe they do use this engine for the T-sport Yaris.

anyway keep your $$$ in your wallet for the chips.... :ph34r:

A 2ZZ Yaris? Would the engine bay be able to hold the 2ZZ? Also i'd imagine you'd need to change alot of the drive line etc to take the increase in power. Although I am just guessing wonder if anyone on here knows about this transplant.

• 4 weeks later...