Petrol

Netz

It's around 10 litres left.

I've noticed yesterday that all petrol stations I went to ran out of premium unleaded. Even today!!!. What's going on?

I had to go to Ampol and filled Ampol Gold which is basically the same as Vortex. I hope it's good petrol.

Yes you have 10 litres left when it comes on I have tested it many times. So you can go a resonable distance before you run out. Also if I am allowed to offer an opnion I find that BP Premium 98 octane gives me the best mileage and performance. On average I get 50km a tank more than any other fuel. :D

Yes you have 10 litres left when it comes on I have tested it many times. So you can go a resonable distance before you run out. Also if I am allowed to offer an opnion I find that BP Premium 98 octane gives me the best mileage and performance. On average I get 50km a tank more than any other fuel. :D

The first tine I used BP Premium I got more out of a tank but when I use it now I find its not that great so I changed back to Optimax and then I got an extra 50km. I think my car is a little strange sometimes <_<

ACCC - Petrol pricing

Hey guys.... (ummm and girls too)

Here is a site I think you should check out, if you plan well you can use the pricing cycles to choose the right day to fill up on the cheap!!!!

Yeah, and like they said... the manual actually says that the light comes on with 10L in the tank though I suspect that is actually between 8-9L as i've filled over 50L into the tank before without the light on. The lowest i've ever gone was filling 58L... needless to say I was driving very slowly to the petrol station.

Cheers

Dylan

Edited by Blue_Sportivo_VVTLi

Hey guys

My fuel consumption figures were done on a tank full of Ampol gold. As I have an Ampol servo about 400m from home I use it out of convenience. Optimax does make the car feel a little more responsive but haven't done an economy check as yet. I can do about 50 to 100km on the fuel light. My wife makes it a repetitive habit! My post on fuel consumption shows the figures etc and when I filled up I put 54.6 litres in the tank which filled it to the spout.

Cheers SILVABULLIT.

I thought you were not supposed to run an EFI below quarter tank and if you do actually run out it's not a simple matter of just putting in juice to get it going again.

Ran out of fuel once with the misses in the car (before married) and she still won't let me forget it

Hey mtbrider

Congrats on the medal at the TRi. Had a customer compete there as well.(RAD Cyclery). Haven't heard about running out of fuel in EFI car is drama - except if it's a diesel. Then you have to manually bleed the injector pump. Now that's not a lot of fun! Are you coming to the dyno day on the 20th NOV? Let me know if you are and want a dyno spot.

Cheers SILVABULLIT

I thought you were not supposed to run an EFI below quarter tank and if you do actually run out it's not a simple matter of just putting in juice to get it going again.

Had no choice, I was on the highway and just made it to the next town where I knew I could get 98 RON

had the light come on half way up Mt Hotham in the blizzard at night. Still made it up and all the way down 2 days later and to the next town before I could get my hands on PULP. Very scary though cos you never know when it was just going to die on you. :P

Also if I am allowed to offer an opnion I find that BP Premium 98 octane gives me the best mileage and performance. On average I get 50km a tank more than any other fuel. :D

Second that. I've used both optimax and synergy 8000 both nowhere near as ultimate. Also I've found its much cleaner when it comes to emissions.

Does anybody know how many litres or approx how many km's you can travel once the petrol light goes on in a Stivo?

Just out of interest where is the light? My manuals at my parents in WA (silly place for it I know since the car's in QLD). I haven't let the fuel go down to near empty yet.

Does anybody know how many litres or approx how many km's you can travel once the petrol light goes on in a Stivo?

Just out of interest where is the light? My manuals at my parents in WA (silly place for it I know since the car's in QLD). I haven't let the fuel go down to near empty yet.

Yeah a light comes on :)