I was ready to buy a new kluger until i saw this

KLUG

Yes its fast, but will it get you out of trouble as quickly as it gets you into it.

The new Kluger is a better vehicle, youve got to remember what your buying here, a family SUV not a drag car, if you want to go that quickly your better off with a more purpose built car. You wont be going that fast from a showroom turbo territory, thats for sure.

Yes its fast, but will it get you out of trouble as quickly as it gets you into it.

The new Kluger is a better vehicle, youve got to remember what your buying here, a family SUV not a drag car, if you want to go that quickly your better off with a more purpose built car. You wont be going that fast from a showroom turbo territory, thats for sure.

Yes but a TT will go a hell of alot faster than any kluger. 245kw compared to 200kw.

Take the bung out of the twin pipe on the TT that ford has put in and you get 260kw.

Who doesn't want to get the shopping in a flash?

Yes but a TT will go a hell of alot faster than any kluger. 245kw compared to 200kw.

Take the bung out of the twin pipe on the TT that ford has put in and you get 260kw.

Who doesn't want to get the shopping in a flash?

Yeah you wont get an arguement from me on that one, but 200kw is more than enough to get me into trouble so Im happy with that. Youve got to draw the line somewhere and too much power and speed isnt always high on the list of priorities for a family SUV, for me anyway, besides its too easy to loose your license these days, less temptation the better.

Anyway if thats what he likes good on him I reckon, I can imagine hes put a lot of work into that 11sec TT and would sure leave a lot of people scratching their heads after seeing the dust from a set of lights. Id sure like to see him give it a squirt one day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is a price to pay for all this power.

Every start up = $1 Petrol

Every drag race you do = $10 Petrol

Every speed ticket you get = over $210

Seeing a Turbo Territory Owner having a heart attack at the fuel pump = Priceless

The official figure of fuel consumption of the NA Territory is 12L/100km but reporter tested at 17L/100km of mostly "urban" driving. I wonder what sort of MPG you get when you have a heavy right foot for a Turbo one.

BTW if my bank does not decrease its amount upon withdrawl:idea:... I will go for one, it has ample boot space and rear seat space!

There is a price to pay for all this power.

Every start up = $1 Petrol

Every drag race you do = $10 Petrol

Every speed ticket you get = over $210

Seeing a Turbo Territory Owner having a heart attack at the fuel pump = Priceless

The official figure of fuel consumption of the NA Territory is 12L/100km but reporter tested at 17L/100km of mostly "urban" driving. I wonder what sort of MPG you get when you have a heavy right foot for a Turbo one.

BTW if my bank does not decrease its amount upon withdrawl:idea:... I will go for one, it has ample boot space and rear seat space!

Very True Taka.

My brother has a Territory Ghia RWD, For a SUV it handles nicely, but yes, the average real world consumption is no less than 15L/100km around town. Goes down to about 10.5 on long highway runs. The Turbo would be much worse!

I was out racing the night this ran the 11.5 it hauled a$$ like nothing else Ive seen in the luxury wagon world (seven seats)..........I was going to buy/ test drive an TTG After I saw the mighty potential, then I thought this is going to be my family car. The car is modified very well but it only had 3000Kms on it lets see how it feels with 100,000Kms on it after that type of abuse and boost.

Still that said what an achievement! At Least Ford can say that one eats sports cars for Breakfast! The TTG has still got two thing over the new Kluger Grande AWD a better normal 2nd row seat and more power...posibly better handerling.......but thats were the comparison stops because the Kluger wins everything else hands down.

Spot on boys, If you consider it and want to spend the money every car has potential to a certain degree. But when you start modifying and pushing with all that power things are going to break, your warranty is out the door and youll always have your hand in your wallet for one reason or another and you might start running into trouble with emission/environmental laws. Its not practical at all no matter what anyone says. No way the majority of people will base their decision on purchasing one or the other on the performance potential of an SUV.

Anyway Ive read in one of the drive reviews that they actually think the new kluger is not that much slower than a tt and will give it run for its money in the performance area. Now thats really saying something about the overall kluger package, totally practical yet powerful enough straight off the showroom floor.

• 5 months later...
Just wait until I get my RAV4 V6 demo, I'm hoping to smoke a VE Commodore off the line.

You can (I think) do that right now in a Tarago V6.... and bring some mates to point and laugh as well.

Taka, I spend some time.. actually, 2 nights with a Territory... it has a funny fuel management system where it does not seem to cut off fuel when you're pulling back a gear to get compression braking down a hill and what's worse is that the fuel consumption increases as you bring on more revs. Every car I know cuts fuel at a certain rev when it's on compression braking.... the old 92 Camry I had did that at anything >1700rpm... fuel consumption on driving normally was 16.5L/100km... had to hand it back when it decided to stall on me whilst I was moving (this is an automatic transmission)... I deemed too dangerous on that alone. It's had a steering box replaced and many other stuff happen to it in the 1st year of its life and it's only done 8,000km.

Just wait until I get my RAV4 V6 demo, I'm hoping to smoke a VE Commodore off the line.

Should be able to do it quite easily in the Kluger.

VE Commdore 6 cyl has a 0-100 time of around 9.1 seconds.

The new Kluger is around 8.

Thank *** he didn't reply you "seeing the face of a kluger's owner getting smoked by Territoty Turbo = Priceless" :D Haha

Alright.. back to KLUG. I find it strange that someone would cross shop btw a Kluger & Territory Turbo. What was he looking for in the 1st place...

whats with the need for people movers to be overly powerful?

Try driving on the highway with a load of 7 or 8 + luggage in a 2.4L Tarago... then add a roof box full of luggage, and trailer.... and the thing is, the 3.5L uses the same amount of fuel as the 2.4.... from my experience... and no it's not overly powerful but it can ***** a lot of people off when a Tarago passes them. I know I've cheesed off a few people because they think they are king of the road and wrestle me out of a lane because of the vehicle.