AE112R Standard O2 Sensor Position

Woggy

Hey,

I've been recently doing some research on the net for extractors for the AE112R 1.8 7afe motor... I've been researching on eBay for pics of the extractors/headers (Americans call them 'headers') :P Anyways, all i can find are pics of the 93-97 corolla headers. (Below) These, i was pretty certain wont fit because of the O2 sensor position mounted on the headers.

I've had a look under the car, and the header and 2-1 extension to cat looks identical (even with the bracket at the end near the cat) but the O2 sensor on my car is near that bracket on the end. Maybe in the photo it doesn't show it?? I don't know?? But is there another O2 sensor up near the headers i am missing or can't see.

AE112R drivers with extractors, where is your O2 sensor?? Do these look farmiliar to yours? (Below)

Thanks and any help will be great!

post-5191-1193037159_thumb.jpg

hit the wreckers with mid 90's cars i picked up a set of extractors 4 - 2 - 1, 2 1/2". It was oxyed off before the cat so i cut the old flange that met with the cat and had it welded to fit. cost me $65 for the extractors and i have a mate that welded it up for me in his spare time so i don't know what it would cost upfront. I have a pic on my office system of the ego sensor in the extractors ill post it later,it mounts straight into the exhaust at the bottom where 2 join to one.

standard 93-97 sensor is on the headers

No, it's not. Standard AE102 7AFE exhaust manifold is a crappy cast iron 4-1 log, with a single outlet into the engine pipe. The O2 sensor is located near the top of the engine pipe.

Standard AE112 7AFE headers are a tuned-length 4-2 primaries with a dual outlet into the secondaries/engine pipe. The O2 sensor is located in the secondaries

Note, AE102 and AE112 factory headers are NOT compatable, although if you swap engine pipes/seconaries over as well they may be. In addition, 112s have a heated 4-wire O2 sensor, whereas the 102s have a non-heated 2-wire sensor. This is why the 112 sensor can be located further from the engine