2007 ZRE152R Corolla Mods?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting for a way to decrease throttle delay, it really sucks.

I haven't read this whole thread, but Blitz make a kit for the ZRE15, http://www.blitz.co.jp/products/electonic/..._controller.htm, it's about 40,000 yen.

Hi there!

What coil-overs are suit for ZRE152 ? i found HKS HiperMAX C Compact - does any info on it?

Spring rates: F=3kg/mm, R=3.5kg/mm. Part number 80110-AT026

EDIT: Have setup a parts thread in the suspension section, http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=15376

Did I read correctly that you paid over 4k for that sound system?

No offense but methinks you should have gotten better advice regarding the gear you put in.

Did you sealed the service holes in the doors did you just use the dynamat or did you put some plywood / mdf under?

Else the dynamat has been known to flex under doof without proper backing (even with multiple layers)

Every speaker has dynaxorb behind it, and all the service holes are sealed. Its pretty much as air tight as i could get, I pretty much got boot kits put everywhere possible using 2 boot kits in the back for extra padding, and used door kits to patch everything up. Also i had sound insulation installed way back when i first got the car along with a tinting and rust protection package, so thats definitely helped in the road-noise department.

The car is far quieter than anything else ive driven or been in, in terms of road noise. Thats including some a late model Lexus and a Mercedes.

No I did not pay 4 grand for the sound system, it was around 2.5k for all the sound gear, then about 1k for the dynamatting's. So i guess 3.5 grand all up is pretty close, but the sound system is very reliable, very loud (when i want it to be) and very crisp. The sound system is finished, and i foresee nothing further to add to it.

Next on my agenda is induction and ECU (throttle lag) upgrades, but I'm still undecided as to what sort of exhaust setup to pursue. I HATE loud exhausts, so i want it to be extremely quiet at idle but nice and raspy at high rpm for sheer thrills. I'm not after a deep noise for the car, as it doesnt suit its character, and the fact that 4pot engines tend to sound rather generic when given loud exhaust systems, unless they are boxer engines...

But here's the deal, I'm at university studying full time electrical engineering, i work as many hours a week as i can (41 this week), and at the moment i want to save up a more comfortable sum of money before spending any of it on these parts.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got my 20k service coming up in a few weeks, just wondering if I should buy a TRD air and oil filter and have them fit it during the service. Are there any noticeable improvements using these parts? I am also considering using 0W-50 synthetic Mobil 1 oil after the drain. :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
There IS something to be warned about though.

I found that removing the resonators and just having the one muffler on the end, makes it VERY loud in the cabin lol. :P

which resonators are you talking about? the massive space ship looking thing mid way? i want to get rid of the bloody thing..

btw, do you have any guides to removing the drive and passenger doors for speaker replacements?

The Muffler is the big one under the centre of the car. The small one at the back is just another resonator.

I had a small resonator put in place of where the original space-ship lookalike muffler had gone and it has lowered the cabin noise considerably, while still giving that raspy-like sound from the backside.

So I'm happy again. :)

Also off-topic, still looking for mods if anyone knows of any, CAI's and the like.

got a trd air and oil filter , no noticable difference , but i did re-route the airbox intake pipe as a cai down in the grille ,. looking for 18s at the moment and someone to make a supercharger or turbo kit for it

.... someone to make a supercharger or turbo kit for it

i am speculating but im guessing this is going to be highly unlikely to occur anytime soon and wen it does if its the turbo setup it will probably be geared towards LHD cars so it will probably not fit on our RHD cars. However a s/c mite be something that pops out of japan ..... u never know ...... i am just speculating but this is exactly what happened with the zze12X model ...... and anyway be adventurous and make ur own kit ..... its the best way to go ;) ;) ;) ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Still waiting for a way to decrease throttle delay, it really sucks.

I haven't read this whole thread, but Blitz make a kit for the ZRE15, http://www.blitz.co.jp/products/electonic/..._controller.htm, it's about 40,000 yen.

Pivot also make a throttle controller and is a little cheaper too. But who knows how much better it is...

• 3 weeks later...

hi fellas im new to this forum and have been having a bit of a look around and found the trc tuning website, my question is what would be the easiest way to get one of there bodykits over with out any hassles thanks in advance

• 7 months later...

i am speculating but im guessing this is going to be highly unlikely to occur anytime soon and wen it does if its the turbo setup it will probably be geared towards LHD cars so it will probably not fit on our RHD cars. However a s/c mite be something that pops out of japan ..... u never know ...... i am just speculating but this is exactly what happened with the zze12X model ...... and anyway be adventurous and make ur own kit ..... its the best way to go ;) ;) ;) ;)

lol i was just googling and a bumped into this european forum and i found a supercharger for the 2ZR-FE engine which is the same engine in the corolla's BUT it cost like 10k :P

lol i was just googling and a bumped into this european forum and i found a supercharger for the 2ZR-FE engine which is the same engine in the corolla's BUT it cost like 10k :P

linky

Hey guys, just got quoted by Castle Hill Toyota, roughly 950$ to get foglights for the ZRE Ascent. not including 100 - 200$ labour. soo all up roughly 1200$ just for foglights.

EDIT: oh and took it to service at Sydney City Toyota, but they said it was "illegal" for them to install foglights, on a car that didnt have foglights, and then tried to direct me to the RTA site, to the foglight section, or something or rather, where it states that the use of foglights when not needed is illegal :P ... and then told me to go read some articles, on "the making of foglights illegal" ... so yeh what a laugh.

... and yes i know you can get fined for unaccepted use of foglights, but come on. Anyway, if you guys could give a castle hill toyota parts a call, maybe try and get a better price. to make it easier for you, heres their number :P

8831 8831

Edited by -rez-

Hey guys, just got quoted by Castle Hill Toyota, roughly 950$ to get foglights for the ZRE Ascent. not including 100 - 200$ labour. soo all up roughly 1200$ just for foglights.

EDIT: oh and took it to service at Sydney City Toyota, but they said it was "illegal" for them to install foglights, on a car that didnt have foglights, and then tried to direct me to the RTA site, to the foglight section, or something or rather, where it states that the use of foglights when not needed is illegal :P ... and then told me to go read some articles, on "the making of foglights illegal" ... so yeh what a laugh.

... and yes i know you can get fined for unaccepted use of foglights, but come on. Anyway, if you guys could give a castle hill toyota parts a call, maybe try and get a better price. to make it easier for you, heres their number :P

8831 8831

freaking dealers try to rip you off anyways not worth it might as well DIY if u no what i mean ebay that shyt lolz.950 just for 2 freaking lights thats bull. might as well say you upgraded to the high range model the SX extra 4k more for fogs, new headunit 6stacker bluetooth, side skirts mudflaps, and rims. dam dealers

yeh i know. i think they gave me a dodgey price, so i sent them an e-mail aswell. i might call next week again, and let them know that their price does say 425$ for the kit, but the guy said because it didnt originally have foglights, it requires wiring to be done, and a switch in the dashboard, but that wouldnt cost more than 100$. plus it is an australian site, by a company located in australia, why would it be in another currency? ? ? ( btw not having a go at you, just shocked about the price aswell). so yeh, feel free to give them a call, and get a quote, also tell them that it states 425$ for the COMPLETE KIT... so i dont know. ill give them a call by the end of the week.

EDIT: Just got a reply from e-mail heres it in full - bar the hyphens for personal details.

Hi Reza

Thank you for your enquiry

$425.00 for the lamp kit $150.00 to fit total $575.00

All prices are GST inclusive.

Regards

James Sloane

Castle Hill Toyota

2 Victoria Ave

Castle Hill NSW 2154

Ph: +61 2 8831-8831

Fax + 61 2 8831-8820

www.chtoyota.com.au

----- Original Message -----

To: parts@chtoyota.com.au

Sent: Monday, March 09, 2009 1:05 PM

Subject: Parts Enquiry from CASTLE HILL TOYOTA

Hi

The following comments have been sent from the CASTLE HILL TOYOTA Parts Enquiry

Name: Reza Jalili

Austalian Postcode: ----

Email: -----------------

Day Time Phone No.: ------------------------

Vehicle Frame No:

Vin Number: -------------------

Enquiry: Hi,

How are you?

I have a 2007 Toyota Corolla Ascent Hatch, ZRE152H, and I am after some fog lights for this model. I saw, your parts website, and I saw the ad for the Driving/Fog Lamp Kit, for this model. I was wondering if you would do installation and how much it would cost?.

Kind Regards

Reza J

Edited by -rez-

8831 8831

freaking dealers try to rip you off anyways not worth it might as well DIY if u no what i mean ebay that shyt lolz.950 just for 2 freaking lights thats bull. might as well say you upgraded to the high range model the SX extra 4k more for fogs, new headunit 6stacker bluetooth, side skirts mudflaps, and rims. dam dealers

For some daft reason Toyota seem to be expensive if you want foglights fitted (as a factory option on a low spec Ford Territory it's $200 though for a Mazda 3 it's a RRP of 575 +fitting) for my 36 series Camry I ended up forking out 1500 and the lights themselves are seriously around $500 a piece (I got 6 quotes).

What they may be referring to with the issue of illegality is that there would be no light on the dash to indicate the foglights were on. Though in general for quite a few dealers if it is not on the factory option list (even if it is on a higher spec model) then it is against dealership policy therefore "illeagal"at that dealership.

Edited by jps137