CES EXHAUST SYSTEM FOR STIVO'S

Hey guys and of course ladies(which ever one is suitable)

CES have the prices set for the exhaust system. They are as follows:-

1 cat back system with mild steel flanges(painted), stainless resonator, stainless piping, custom rear stainless muffler, 2 three bolt flange gaskets and revelant bolts and nuts, 1 three bolt flange to be fitted to back of cat and your choice of either a single stainless tip or a dual stainless tip(fitting of tip to be done by installer)

PRICE $960.00

Or all of the above but with stainless flanges tig welded instead of mild steel

PRICE$1060.00

This system is only sold as listed above and will not be sold individually. eg without rear muffler etc. The system is designed as a package and altering it may see a decrease in kw gain as well as a possible increase in noise output making your car illegal.If you have an enquiry contact Brennden at RBT on 0412 559 592 or to order contact CES direct on 07 3200 2333 8am to 4.30pm Mon to Fri. Please only contact Trevor with a legit question as he is extremely busy at this point in time.

Cheers SILVABULLIT. :D

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyno sheet has been posted for this system some weeks ago showing before and after runs thus comparing the difference the system makes to the performance of the car. Check it out and I guess you obviously don't realise the cost of quality workmanship on a product that has dyno proven gains. Go to your local exhaust shop and they may be able to do a cheapie but there's nowhere near the quality and they aren't going to guarantee any improvement in power just an improvement in the amount of noise that bellows from the back of your car. Obviously please don't whinge about the price if you have no idea what things cost. Peekay and ilivfor6 will have their system within the next couple of weeks. Do you think they would buy it if it wasn't going to work? Imagine what an exhaust system would've cost if Bates' had of done the development and production work? Probably a lot more i'd say...

YIPPIE!!!!!

hey Silva - You forgot that I will have mine hopefully next week also :P

I talked to Trev yesterday and sussed things out! All looks good hopefully for next week to have it fitted!

Of course trev will be doing the dyno pre/post. But I will also be taking it back to my shop to put it on the dyno that has done all my previous efforts to get a good comparison for people ;)

All I can say is....good things come to those who wait. Gret things come from CES Racing :D

YIPPIE!!!!!

I talked to Trev yesterday and sussed things out! All looks good hopefully for next week to have it fitted!

Of course trev will be doing the dyno pre/post. But I will also be taking it back to my shop to put it on the dyno that has done all my previous efforts to get a good comparison for people ;)

All I can say is....good things come to those who wait. Gret things come from CES Racing :D

I have a few uestion:

Are the prices you quote inclusive of fitment? If the answer is yes, then is there not a discount for those of us who do not live in Bris who will have to pay someone else to fit it?

Also, can you give us interstate people an idea of what the freight is likely to cost to Sydney / Melbs?

Re the noise: I know in the previous post you posted the Db rating of the pipe. However, I don't know what the Db rating is on the stock pipe by comparison. Could you please describe (either technically i.e. db's or however else you can) what kind of noise we can expect. I really don't want a loud exhaust at all.

Thanks

YIPPIE!!!!!

I have a few uestion:

Are the prices you quote inclusive of fitment? If the answer is yes, then is there not a discount for those of us who do not live in Bris who will have to pay someone else to fit it?

Also, can you give us interstate people an idea of what the freight is likely to cost to Sydney / Melbs?

Re the noise: I know in the previous post you posted the Db rating of the pipe. However, I don't know what the Db rating is on the stock pipe by comparison. Could you please describe (either technically i.e. db's or however else you can) what kind of noise we can expect. I really don't want a loud exhaust at all.

Thanks

No the price is not inclusive of fittment for us Guys that are interstate.

Frieght is quoted at @ $30 for Sydney @ $40 Melbourne.

Re the noise the exhaust is within legal limits so thats all we have to worry about. It is a little louder than the standard exhaust but does not drone within the car.

Hello,

And what about International? What would shipment to Europe/Poland cost? Do I get the price excusive of VAT?

And is there going to be a group buy?

The thing is perfect, but a bit pricey for me (but it's me, the price is right :P),

unless I get the VAT deducted ;)

Edited by imek

Mandrel vs Press bends...

does anyone have factual/evidence which one is better?

Like, we're not a turbo or anything, so...why not use press? it's cheaper. (just a thought)...

Chris

Mandrel vs Press bends...

does anyone have factual/evidence which one is better?

Like, we're not a turbo or anything, so...why not use press? it's cheaper. (just a thought)...

Chris

hey chris

pressed bends using stainless are very hard to do as it doesn't stretch like mild steel. it actually ripples then tears. Hence why maundrel bends are used not only for better flow but also for the reason mentioned above. I have read an article testing pressed bends versus maundrel bends and basically maundrel bend remains the same id fo the pipe and pressed bends actually decrease the inside diameter thus creating some restriction. A maundrel bend will also last longer as the wall thickness of the pipe is thicker compared to pressed which actually when stretched thins the wall out of the pipe out somewhat and will erode a lot quicker due to it being thinner.

Hope this helps

Cheers Silvabullit :D

silver i was just wandering... is it better to decrease the pressure of the gas in the pipe, thus increase its velocity? or increase the pressure in order to decrease the gases velocity through the pipe? (inregards to the bends etc)

cause if its better to increase the pressure of the gas, then the bends would have no restriction (maundrel bend) thus lower velocity , but if you wanted to increase the velocity of the gas then you would need to create a restriction? or is that only for the Muff?

im a bit confused :blink::unsure:

cheers

silver i was just wandering... is it better to decrease the pressure of the gas in the pipe, thus increase its velocity? or increase the pressure in order to decrease the gases velocity through the pipe? (inregards to the bends etc)

cause if its better to increase the pressure of the gas, then the bends would have no restriction (maundrel bend) thus lower velocity , but if you wanted to increase the velocity of the gas then you would need to create a restriction? or is that only for the Muff?

As an indication, my Remus rear muffler alone was $850, so If you're getting a full cat-back stainless steel system for the above price, that's pretty good.

ADR- the speed of exhaust gas flow depends upon the temperature of the exhaust pipes - Simple physics - Hot gas flows faster than cooler gas. Therefore this is the reason why choosing the correct exhaust pipe diameter is a balancing act. Too small and the engine is too restricted because there's not enough room in the exhaust for amount of gas passing through. Too large and the gases cool too quickly and don't flow as fast as they could - again restricting the engine. Mandrel bends also assist in flow as there is less of an obstruction as there would be in a press bend.

looking at the pics..the exhaust is a 2.5" mandrel.

that's freaking HUGE for a 1.8L N/A. but then again...CES must have found something that proves the 2.5" not too big to actually work...

i honestly thought that 2"-2 1/4" was big enough for 1.8L's...but..maybe something is different with our engines...

Silva: can you provide any specs of the resonator and muffler? (length, width, etc)

Don't mean to stir the pot here brenden, but with mandrel bending you do get a slight decrease in the thickness of the outer wall of the bend.

It is only marginal in comparison to press bend which can move the inner bend wall some 2-3 mm :blink:

Tiger - Call Trevor on thos sorts of things mate ;) 07 32002333

imek - has already been posted by silva previously :rolleyes:

Edited by Danthuyer

oh soz my bad :( forgot he was busy :blink:

Does the diameter of resinator etc. really make a difference to you buying it?

Actually yes it does cause it may be too loud for some people for sensitive ears.... my bad again :(

DAMN IT i might stop posting for today...hehehe

If you are happy with the resuts from Benden and myself (next week hopefully) and you like what you see then go for it ;)

Edited by Danthuyer

im a bit confused 

cheers

Hey dude. I think it's the other way around. (sorry. physics geek taking over) when you increase the pressure, you also increase the velocity of gas. That's because the same volume of gas has to flow through the pipe. So if there was more pressure due to smaller diameter pipe then the gas would have to move faster for the same amount of gas to be expelled. Don't forget the time frame in which the gas can be expelled is limited to the duration of the exhaust stroke. The only way you will get a slower moving exhaust stream from increased backpressure is if the backpressure is great enough to slow the piston down during it's exhaust stroke. and we all know that will never happen unless you stuff a potato up the exhaust pipe :lol:

You only need to think about when you blow through straws to realise this is true.

nah its when you decrease the pressure you increase the velocity, like when you put your finger at the end of a hose, u create a restriction, but he same amount of water that enters the restriction must leave it, thus increasing its velocity.

for example and ill make it easy for u to understand.

The gas or water in this case has a given amount of energy (kinetic energy and static pressure). so we will just say 50 kinetic energey and 50 static energy entering the hose or exhuast pipe, when the water comes to the constriction (your finger) or when it comes to the bend in the pipe which is not as wide as the rest of the pipe, some of the water or gas pressure is sacrificed into kinetic energy. thus the total energy content remains unchanged. The water/gas velocity increases and its pressure decreases.

Thats why the water sprays out when u create a constriction.. moreover thats why the gas at the bend that is smaller in diameter increaes it veloicty.