Whats your Airconditioning Like?

Tmaster100

Hi There,

As most know my airconditioning in my Aurion is crap and doesn't appear to work very well at all. I need to drive somewhere between 20 - 25kms before the air is actually cold and all other times it's just cool and does little to cool the car down. I also noticed driving at 60kms/h in top gear also affects the airconditioner and you can smell the air heating up (turn your aircon off and leave the fan running) which is just not right.

So i would like ask what your airconditioning is like in your Aurion?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Mine works great but it's still new.

We drove from Darwin to Katherine (300km) a couple of weeks ago after picking up the car. We had the aircon set on 26 deg and fan speed on low, anything higher and it was too cold, and it's like 40 deg up here at present. It seems fine around town too, although my wife is the main one who drives it, I haven't had any complaints about it yet, believe me when I say if it wasn't working I would have heard about it by now. I get constant complaints about how crap the speakers are and about how it needs a decent exhaust :rolleyes: Think there must be more problems with your car.

Good luck with all your efforts, hopefully they do the right thing and either fix it like new or give you a new car.

Listen buddy

The sooner you ***** that car off and get a new one the better. No point asking us about our problems. Face it, it's a lemon and it'll never get fixed.

I've been following your crusade in silence so far in amazement. My ZR6, which I purchased in March has not missed a beat. No rattles, no noises. no problems. It's been great.

If I was you I would have gone down to that dealership and made such a scene that they would have had to call the cops. I mean, I would have made a fool of myself but hey, that's just me.

Keep hassling them every day and I'm sure something will happen.

Good luck with it.

Listen buddy

The sooner you ***** that car off and get a new one the better. No point asking us about our problems. Face it, it's a lemon and it'll never get fixed.

I've been following your crusade in silence so far in amazement. My ZR6, which I purchased in March has not missed a beat. No rattles, no noises. no problems. It's been great.

If I was you I would have gone down to that dealership and made such a scene that they would have had to call the cops. I mean, I would have made a fool of myself but hey, that's just me.

Keep hassling them every day and I'm sure something will happen.

Good luck with it.

+1...

Guys,

I have been constantly emailing Toyota directly and each time they forward it to the drop kicks at Jarvis Toyota. Naturally i don't hear a thing when this happens.

I have just emailed Toyota again (for the 6th time) advising them of this and that i want Toyota to resolve this, not Jarvis Ripoff Cars so i will see what comes about from this.

I had a long chat to another dealer a few days ago who could not beleive what Jarvis Toyota have done and how they wanted to fix the issue (charging me a fortune to replace the car with the same make/model) and suggested herself that i should contact the CEO of Toyota Australia to step in. I have tried gaining his email address from Toyota but they are refusing to release this information so i would like to kindly ask if anyone here knows of a contact in Senior Management at Toyota who can help out.

I am going to persistently push the fact across that Jarvis Toyota is as fradulent as they come and should not be selling Toyota Cars but rather something more like icecreams or lollipops. Then again if Jarvis owned a Wendy's franchise and they dropped your nice cool cone they would probably charge YOU to replace it.

Edited by BlueAurionSX6

As said in earlier posts, forget about the dealer, its TMCA (Toyota Corp Aus) responsibility to provide you with a working car under the warranty period!

I would not email, I would CALL, goto the "Toyota Customer Relations Centre - (toll free) 1800 252 097 (Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm AEST)" first and raise your problem there straight away, see if you can get an agent to work on your issue and get their direct number etc.

And since you in SA, if nothing comes after the above go directly to http://www.ocba.sa.gov.au/ and try to get an appointment with them somehow.

Edited by AcoustiK

In the past people have used Jenny Stewart as a contact, but that was years ago so who knows if she's still around.

Jenny Stewart

Customer Relations Centre Manager

Customer Relations Department

Customer First Development Division

Toyota Motor Corporation Australia Limited

Email: jenny.stewart@toyota.com.au

From that you can get an idea of the email address format used by Toyota Corporate... Then you could go to this page http://www.toyota.com.au/toyota/events/Con...69_1592,00.html and have a guess at what some of their email address's could be...

President & Chief Executive Officer - Max Yasuda

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Executive Vice President - Mike Harvie

Executive Vice President - Kazuhide Mukaiyama

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Executive Director - Dave Buttner

Executive Director - Bernie O'Connor

Executive Director - Alan Porich

Executive Director - Tatsuo Shinozaki

Their emails are likely to be filtered by the PA's, but it's worth a shot with a well structured professional email and followup phonecalls to head office (03) 9647 4444

I suggest it's time to write a formal letter to Toyota.

They also have a Customer hot line. That's worth a try.

You guys might want to read these articles. Toyota has definitely slipped (from its lofty standards) in the quality stakes.

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleD...=45063&vf=1

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleD...=45457&vf=1

Speaking of which in contrary to the drive articles, I had funny noises in the car the other day each time i accelerated and took teh car for the complementary 1000k service, its fixed now. The serviceman said someone didnt do a good job of assembling, as some parts werent put in place properly.

but with all that fixed I notice a different engine note then what was in the beginning when I first bought the car. the car has a light diesel engine sound when on idle and slight gets louder as i accelerate, im not sure if this is normal or not....

Speaking of which in contrary to the drive articles, I had funny noises in the car the other day each time i accelerated and took teh car for the complementary 1000k service, its fixed now. The serviceman said someone didnt do a good job of assembling, as some parts werent put in place properly.

but with all that fixed I notice a different engine note then what was in the beginning when I first bought the car. the car has a light diesel engine sound when on idle and slight gets louder as i accelerate, im not sure if this is normal or not....

mines like a sex machine. everytime i turn it on, it makes my girlfriends hair go back and i feel like ...n her there.

mines like a sex machine. everytime i turn it on, it makes my girlfriends hair go back and i feel like ...n her there.

it must be because you go up to 240 all the time and your such a good driver :P

Automotive ombudsman

Fair trading commission

Hell, maybe even ASIC

Call the Aust tax office and recommend they perform an audit on their company for selling didgy cars.

Go on, make life difficult for them. Get them investigated!

I would say that Toyota have done what they always do and overfilled the gas in the aircon. Take it to an auto electrician or a mechanic who has an aircon refill machine and ask them to check the pressure and release some if need be.

it must be because you go up to 240 all the time and your such a good driver :P

thanks for the compliments buddy but only if i lived in germany then i would speed all day like you. :P

Edited by Buri_ZR6

I would say that Toyota have done what they always do and overfilled the gas in the aircon. Take it to an auto electrician or a mechanic who has an aircon refill machine and ask them to check the pressure and release some if need be.

This was done on Tuesday, still no different.

Automotive ombudsman

Fair trading commission

Hell, maybe even ASIC

Call the Aust tax office and recommend they perform an audit on their company for selling didgy cars.

haha ASIC, only if you have shares in Toyota :),

Call on the Yakuza to put some pressure on the head guy in Japan lol..

Automotive ombudsman

Fair trading commission

Hell, maybe even ASIC

+1

the ombudsman and accc is what you need.

the others would be the end all game and really you could be paying the cost if there's nothing wrong with their books

Update -

I received yet another email again from Toyota again dodging my request. I have asked many times to change my car over but all they want to do is keep trying to fix it.

So i called the Office of Consumer Affairs again this morning and told them i have had enough. I explained to the operator what has been happening and he could not beleive what he was hearing. Furthermore he was shocked to hear what Jarvis Toyota was offering in the way of a trade-in so i could replace the car with the exact make/model. He has sent out a "Request For Assistance" form and can't wait to read all the documented letters i have sent and received from Toyota/Jarvis Cars. I am certain that the OCBA will only be too happy to assist.

I am also calling the Ombusdman at midday today to seek their advice to the matter also. I am going all the way out now, i have had enough.

FWIW - The car is booked in for the 9th time and for the 12th day for rattles and airconditioner faults. What a bloody joke.

Update -

I received yet another email again from Toyota again dodging my request. I have asked many times to change my car over but all they want to do is keep trying to fix it.

So i called the Office of Consumer Affairs again this morning and told them i have had enough. I explained to the operator what has been happening and he could not beleive what he was hearing. Furthermore he was shocked to hear what Jarvis Toyota was offering in the way of a trade-in so i could replace the car with the exact make/model. He has sent out a "Request For Assistance" form and can't wait to read all the documented letters i have sent and received from Toyota/Jarvis Cars. I am certain that the OCBA will only be too happy to assist.

I am also calling the Ombusdman at midday today to seek their advice to the matter also. I am going all the way out now, i have had enough.

FWIW - The car is booked in for the 9th time and for the 12th day for rattles and airconditioner faults. What a bloody joke.

Finally! Thats great to hear, Hope fully you'll get a free upgrade to a Zr6 or Presara etc and some bonus Free fuel for a year for what its worth!

Update -

i cant believe what im reading. bluesx6 i can understand how ****** you must be feeling about this but i believe the way your pushing it, your going to get what you want. dont take your foot off the accelerator till you get your replacement. sooner or later, i believe you will get the good news :)

Hi There,

As most know my airconditioning in my Aurion is crap and doesn't appear to work very well at all. I need to drive somewhere between 20 - 25kms before the air is actually cold and all other times it's just cool and does little to cool the car down. I also noticed driving at 60kms/h in top gear also affects the airconditioner and you can smell the air heating up (turn your aircon off and leave the fan running) which is just not right.

So i would like ask what your airconditioning is like in your Aurion?

Thanks in advance.

Greg

Interesting that you note these points - I have an SX6 (blue too!) and at times I have noted a smell coming from the Aircon. Some times its so bad that I thought a possum had crawled into the engine...

And I haven't noticed it being very cold. As you say, it takes ages to bring the temp down. Now it's only the start of summer so I think it will get worse. However, I do not think that this is specific to your car - maybe its is all SX6 or all Aurions. What's everyone else's take?

Chris.

Interesting that you note these points - I have an SX6 (blue too!) and at times I have noted a smell coming from the Aircon. Some times its so bad that I thought a possum had crawled into the engine...

And I haven't noticed it being very cold. As you say, it takes ages to bring the temp down. Now it's only the start of summer so I think it will get worse. However, I do not think that this is specific to your car - maybe its is all SX6 or all Aurions. What's everyone else's take?

Chris.

Maybe the faults are just with Blue Aurions :unsure: One thing is certain, i am not going to have to drive 25kms just to cool the car down so i can pickup my son from daycare just 5kms away. It's just bull****.

One theory is that the ducts for the airconditioner in the dash are not insulated and use cheap plastics so they heat up real quick and stay that way hence why it takes so long to receive cold air from them. It might also be the reason why they keep clicking for so long as they contract after being so hot. I have never had a car (and i have had lots) that has ever had this design problem. Time for class action i think!

Poor quality Toyota? You bloody betcha!