The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

Thanks for the advise...i borrowed a mates tension wrench yesterday and checked em,they are torqued to 110nm and they seem to be holding tight.

i suppose now i need to know what torque spec is correct,not just a assuming that 110nm is ok. :unsure: any ideas?

and i carry the breaker bar & socket as part of my car tool kit for that exact reason you mentioned Hiro. :)

Cheers

Lee

i suppose now i need to know what torque spec is correct,not just a assuming that 110nm is ok. :unsure: any ideas?

Toyota Aurion specification for the stock wheel nuts are 103Nm (76 ft.lbf). I would imagine the alloy ones you have wouldn't be that far off.

Wheel nut torque has to do with thread pitch and length of stud. So it is the same for alloy and steel, Information from NJOY book at work Neverfurphy is tyre wheel guru sunshine coast. Ai least I think I am

Where is the antenna?

Just curious, majority of hatches and 4WD's i've seen have the antenna roof mounted centre front or back,but what about sedans such as Aurions,Accords etc.. Where are they and how do they work? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Who was the first person to look at a cow, n say "im going to squeeze these things and whatever comes out im going to drink it"

Who was the first person to look at a cow, n say "im going to squeeze these things and whatever comes out im going to drink it"

The same person who thought to eat the hard thing that came out of a chickens backside!..im sure they didnt have frypans the first time ...

• 2 weeks later...

Time for another stupid question from me. Now the following has occurred before I put in a oiled filter, so I doubt this would be the cause.

When I take my intake hose connected to my throttle body, I have found a small pool of oil gathered on the external side of the throttle body plate. This is definitely coming from the internal side of the throttle body since when you inspect it immediately after driving, you won't see anything there. After about 20 minutes or so, you can then see some oil pooling as per the image below. Leaving it overnight usually results in up at about twice the amount of oil gathering there, but never any more.

My question is, this would be blow-by right? And if so, how serious of an issue is this? Usually if left for a week or two, it gets a little bit dirtier in there. BTW, it's only nice and shiny because I wiped it down before going for a drive. My old Aurion never produced this much.

dsc05962tl.jpg

And if it isn't blow-by... what else could it be. A supercharger leak or something?

Time for another stupid question from me. Now the following has occurred before I put in a oiled filter, so I doubt this would be the cause.

When I take my intake hose connected to my throttle body, I have found a small pool of oil gathered on the external side of the throttle body plate. This is definitely coming from the internal side of the throttle body since when you inspect it immediately after driving, you won't see anything there. After about 20 minutes or so, you can then see some oil pooling as per the image below. Leaving it overnight usually results in up at about twice the amount of oil gathering there, but never any more.

My question is, this would be blow-by right? And if so, how serious of an issue is this? My old Aurion never produced this much.

dsc05962tl.jpg

And if it isn't blow-by... what else could it be. A supercharger leak or something?

I'm assuming it is blow by. Boosted cars seem to suffer from it more often. However in saying that before I installed an oil catch can it pooled pretty badly at the bottom of my plenum.

Looks like blow-by to me Daryl. Nothing to worry about unless it is gunking up your IAC valve (which is obvious due to a very poor idle); or causing excessive knock due to the extra oil entering the cylinder.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a question. I was cleaning up the crap that was splayed out all over my room and came across the box for my Xperia X10. This reminded me. On the back, it has some symbols which outline features of the phone. They are pretty self explanatory... except for the last symbol. Would anyone here know what it means?

dsc0203ea.jpg

Here's a question. I was cleaning up the crap that was splayed out all over my room and came across the box for my Xperia X10. This reminded me. On the back, it has some symbols which outline features of the phone. They are pretty self explanatory... except for the last symbol. Would anyone here know what it means?

dsc0203ea.jpg

Head/Face auto focus.

That means that in that mode, the camera automatically focus on a person's persons' head/face rather than at the center of the view finder. Standard in most digi cameras now a days ....

:D

Can't remember if you can put names above it though .... could be a new feature ...

dsc0203ea.jpg

I think it's for facial recognition...

New Panasonic cameras come with facial recognition feature

Thursday 29th January, 06:34 AM JST

OSAKA —

Panasonic Corp said Wednesday that from February it will market four compact digital cameras capable of registering facial data in advance so that the cameras will automatically focus on specific people. With the function, users can take pictures of their relatives and friends in group photos more easily and can also input the names and ages of their children to record the process of their growth, the electronics giant said.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/technology/view/new-panasonic-cameras-come-with-facial-recognition-feature

Head/Face auto focus.

That means that in that mode, the camera automatically focus on a person's persons' head/face rather than at the center of the view finder. Standard in most digi cameras now a days ....

:D

Can't remember if you can put names above it though .... could be a new feature ...

I think it's for facial recognition...

New Panasonic cameras come with facial recognition feature

Thursday 29th January, 06:34 AM JST

OSAKA —

Panasonic Corp said Wednesday that from February it will market four compact digital cameras capable of registering facial data in advance so that the cameras will automatically focus on specific people. With the function, users can take pictures of their relatives and friends in group photos more easily and can also input the names and ages of their children to record the process of their growth, the electronics giant said.

http://www.japantoday.com/category/technology/view/new-panasonic-cameras-come-with-facial-recognition-feature

Well fancy that. I guess you guys are probably right. I never read the manual for this phone (who does these days) so I don't know what tricks this thing can do.

Well fancy that. I guess you guys are probably right. I never read the manual for this phone (who does these days) so I don't know what tricks this thing can do.

These days not many people can read English; kids these days only want 'sic msg spk'

• 4 weeks later...

how do i close my group buy???

Meaning I want to change the title of the group buy or at least the sub-title to CLOSED or something like that?

Any help would be good

Also, I own an 05 stivo and the sportivo badges are on the front doors instead of the side skirts. My question is if i relocate the badges to the side skirts, will that provide me with a lower centre of gravity and allow me to corner faster?

Edited by kewl10_mac

When removing seats that hve airbagags; is there anything i should look out for?

As with any airbag disconnection, make sure you have disconnected the battery for at least 90 seconds before performing any work.

Also, with these dry winter days, make sure you statically discharge yourself (by touching the frame of the car firstly) before handing the airbag connector. It may seem a little over the top to do things like this, but the last thing you want is a slight mishap setting your airbag off.

When removing seats that hve airbagags; is there anything i should look out for?

As with any airbag disconnection, make sure you have disconnected the battery for at least 90 seconds before performing any work.

Also, with these dry winter days, make sure you statically discharge yourself (by touching the frame of the car firstly) before handing the airbag connector. It may seem a little over the top to do things like this, but the last thing you want is a slight mishap setting your airbag off.

Thanks for your help as always Daryl.

I need to see how badly hurt my 4ch amp is.

hey peeps, first time posting here... got a couple of questions:

1) is it bad to have other keys hanging with the car key while its in the igition?

if there is a weight limit, how much can u put on. google researching says no more than 400g before it does any damage.

2) in regard to ABS light in the dash, does the light come on when its working or does it only light up and turn off when u start the engine so to make sure its functioning properly...

1) is it bad to have other keys hanging with the car key while its in the igition?

if there is a weight limit, how much can u put on. google researching says no more than 400g before it does any damage.

I personally haven't heard of damage occurring by having all your keys etc hanging off your car key, but no doubt there will be someone out there who has reported such. I used to have a bunch of keys for numerous things hanging off my car key (about 15 different keys in total) and the ignition tumbler never changed in it's feel.

I'm sure there would be a weight limit as after all it is extra stress, but for your average bunch of keys and keyrings, you should be fine. Get something that weighs 400g and you will notice that you would have to have a fair few keys etc to reach that weight.

2) in regard to ABS light in the dash, does the light come on when its working or does it only light up and turn off when u start the engine so to make sure its functioning properly...

Most car's I have come across, the ABS light is only there as a system self-check light and a malfunction indicator. It should only light under the following conditions:

1) When you start the car. It should turn on for a few seconds or so then turn off. This indicates everything is okay.

2) When there is a problem with the system. The light should illuminate and stay on to tell you that something is wrong and you should have it checked out.

I personally haven't heard of damage occurring by having all your keys etc hanging off your car key, but no doubt there will be someone out there who has reported such. I used to have a bunch of keys for numerous things hanging off my car key (about 15 different keys in total) and the ignition tumbler never changed in it's feel.

I'm sure there would be a weight limit as after all it is extra stress, but for your average bunch of keys and keyrings, you should be fine. Get something that weight 400g and you will notice that you would have to have a fair few keys etc to reach that weight.

Most car's I have come across, the ABS light is only there as a system self-check light and a malfunction indicator. It should only light under the following conditions:

1) When you start the car. It should turn on for a few seconds or so then turn off. This indicates everything is okay.

2) When there is a problem with the system. The light should illuminate and stay on to tell you that something is wrong and you should have it checked out.

thanks for the reply. reason why i asked question 1 is that since i have put in ES engine mounts, there was a certain vibration at 3 to 4k rpm. found out that it was the key in the igition and solved the problem by just having a bit of extra weight with the car keys.

now for the other 2 or 3 vibrations coming else in the car lol.... <_<