The STUPID thread

theDefiant1

How many litres of petrol have I got left the moment my fuel light turns on?

Depends on whether you are driving and at what speed, and if you are on an incline/decline.

Generally for the Aurion, on level ground and travelling at approximately 110km/h, if your fuel light comes on, you have about 20-25 litres left in the tank.

Wow, that is still HEAPS of petrol in the tank.

I usually fill up after 50Km after the light has come on.

Since day one of getting my Aurion I have always been feeding her $50 V-power.

With the exception of the first ever fill when I got it. Filled up V-power to the brim to clean out any crap in the car, since it was a fleet and at the dealer for a long time I doubt they ever gave it quality fuel.

Edited by unique

How many litres of petrol have I got left the moment my fuel light turns on?

Depends on whether you are driving and at what speed, and if you are on an incline/decline.

Generally for the Aurion, on level ground and travelling at approximately 110km/h, if your fuel light comes on, you have about 20-25 litres left in the tank.

Really??? When the light comes up, and I go to the gas station, I filled up like 55L, that means 5L left?

Really??? When the light comes up, and I go to the gas station, I filled up like 55L, that means 5L left?

It's a 70 litre tank. I don't know where you got 60 litres from.

being a dumb a*#e on a computer how do you put pics under your signature ?

Find or make an image, trying to be respectful of others and keeping a conservative size (150-175px vertical is a good number), and them upload it to a hosting service like ImageShack, PhotoBucket, or TinyPic. Then you take the direct url link (ending in .jpg) and inset it into your signature through the control panel with the IMG HTML code like so:

[img=http://djkor.com/external/image/Signature-TOCAU-5.jpg]

being a dumb a*#e on a computer how do you put pics under your signature ?

Find or make an image, trying to be respectful of others and keeping a conservative size (150-175px vertical is a good number), and them upload it to a hosting service like ImageShack, PhotoBucket, or TinyPic. Then you take the direct url link (ending in .jpg) and inset it into your signature through the control panel with the IMG HTML code like so:

[img=http://djkor.com/external/image/Signature-TOCAU-5.jpg]

thanks again daryl.

My dumb question for the day...do they make a wheel nut socket that will protect against damaging painted/anodized/powdercoated alloy wheel nuts?

As far as I'm aware, you can only get the sockets with the nylon coating on the outside to protect the wheels themselves. Having something on the inside would require that it withstand a bit of force which can be difficult to find. One method I would have is to line the inside of the socket with a couple of layers of electrical tape. This would eventually wear, but it is a start and it's easy to change.

Edit: Did some searching and came across this. All I have found so far. Not sure if the size is appropriate though:

http://www.porscheshop.co.uk/acatalog/whee...ts_porsche.html

http://www.allzim.com/acatalog/Ultimate_Lu...ket.html#aT101A

Not car related.

How do i get my information off the white page??

getting sick of people calling to promote sh!ts.

Thanks in advance!

D35

Ring up Telstra and say you want a silent number? Or go on the Do Not Call register?

Can't exactly take your number out of the phone book until they update it in July (although they start collecting data), but telemarketers generally don't pull numbers from the phone-book anyway (they get them from mailing lists etc)

Not car related.

How do i get my information off the white page??

getting sick of people calling to promote sh!ts.

Thanks in advance!

D35

Go to https://www.donotcall.gov.au/ and register.

However, like most industries that are left to self-regulate, the system is far from perfect and there are loopholes. By registering, you'll block out maybe 75% of the calls, but you'll still get idiots ringing you domestically and overseas.

Edited by Keisari

My stupid question is.

Why is the intake on the corollas at the front but on alot of other cars its on the back?

There's no real majority, both are common (my parent's Mazda2 has the intake at the front), the main advantage of exhaust at the back is that the secondaries don't have to go under the engine, thus saving height and allowing the engine to sit lower, but it will push the engine forwards because you need to route the exhaust around the steering components between the block and the firewall.

My stupid question is.

Why is the intake on the corollas at the front but on alot of other cars its on the back?

There's no real majority, both are common (my parent's Mazda2 has the intake at the front), the main advantage of exhaust at the back is that the secondaries don't have to go under the engine, thus saving height and allowing the engine to sit lower, but it will push the engine forwards because you need to route the exhaust around the steering components between the block and the firewall.

does the engine still spin the same way?

My stupid question is.

does the engine still spin the same way?

Generally, yes.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

Is there anyway to fix broken cam?

you cant repair a cam and you wil have bent valves.the head would have to come off and professionally repaired.if the car is old it might be cheaper to get a 2nd hand engine.

Evo