Sportivo cuts out at 7k

scrolla

Hi all

I just want see if anyone knows why does my sportivo sometimes just cut out at 7k rpm and doesnt not enage lift, and some times just screams to 8k with lift kicking in at 6 like it should, it does it randomly.

I fitted an trd cai, and did the ecu reset and it was fine for few days and now its doing it again.

I called toyota about the ecu recall and gave them my vin to check and they say it has been done, is it possible it needs doing it again?

???????

Yeah i know not to rev it when its cold and the car is not reved past 4k b4 temp needle is in the middle its not the first car i have, but i dont know what lift sensors are, also i have no idea what oil is in the car and lift enganing does have something to do with oil pressure could oil change maybe fix it.

This sounds like what mine is doing!!!

between 3000 and 4000rpm do u get a really deep sound and all your power down low feels like it is non existent as well???

The boys at Neal Bates Automotive said it sound like it could be cam sensors just by the description I gave over the phone, I havent had anyone look at it yet tho, so I don't know what it is <_<

I dont think my is like that much, cos it still pulls quite good it just stops at 7 and doesnt engane lift,

and its fully random like i would take of from one traffic light and boom lift kicks in, next traffic light nothing cuts out at 7

maybe your lift bolts are wearing. how many kms on the stivo?

thats would be a first for a stivo ....... sounds like ur lift mechanism is playing up or the sensors arent seeing the right oil temp/pressure or the ecu is having complications ..... could be a few things here .... what does toyota have 2 say for themselves ?

maybe your lift bolts are wearing. how many kms on the stivo?

thats would be a first for a stivo ....... sounds like ur lift mechanism is playing up or the sensors arent seeing the right oil temp/pressure or the ecu is having complications ..... could be a few things here .... what does toyota have 2 say for themselves ?

its happened to a few in South africa. a couple of guys i was chatting too took there stivos in to a mechanic and it was found that the bolts had worn :blink:

i am guessing if it is lift bolts that the lift wouldnt than be kicking in at all and if it was it wouldnt pull as hard as it should

but mine does pull real hard when it comes on

going by that logic, then it must be one of the sensors that are fouled. Just take it into a dealer so they can read the error codes. they should be able to tell you pretty easily which sensor is stuffed.

i am guessing if it is lift bolts that the lift wouldnt than be kicking in at all and if it was it wouldnt pull as hard as it should

going by that logic, then it must be one of the sensors that are fouled. Just take it into a dealer so they can read the error codes. they should be able to tell you pretty easily which sensor is stuffed.

like the oil pressure sensor

Could also be a dirty VVL oil filter.