Fishing Cruise

UPDATED

Aim

Meet up with fellow TOCAU members and hang out fishing together and maybe a bbq as well.

We will all meet up somewhere, location TBA. Possibly cruise to our destination, at this point I'm thinking towards the hawksbury river/brooklyn area. If anyone is familiar with the place then it would be the winding roads which provides lots of fun. We will rent a bbq boat at a place similiar to Brooklyn Central Boat Hire.

Cost

The more people we get the better (max 10). It cost $300 for the whole day and the boat comes equipped with all safety gear, 4 fishing licenses (I'm sure most of us have our own), bbq and most importantly an onboard toilet so that we can spend more time fishing. If we get about 10 people then the boat hire will be $30/each. If we organise food, drinks & bait then I'm sure we won't be spending more then $50/each. You MUST bring your own fishing gear, or borrow off a mate.

Date

At this stage I'm not sure still. Everyone appears to be quite busy, if your happy I can set a much later date so that everyone gets plenty of advanced notice.

So far we have

Keen fishers

Me (suprathai)

Grey_Rolla

T.J

MICKIBLUEEYES

M_M

MR22ZZ

HAT3IT

GtiRboy

Big Pete

Mr Slippy

Maybe

I think the best suited for a large group would be light rock fishing or estuary, for safety purposes, boat fishing would hard if we have large numbers.

But this is a very good idea. I am In

Maybe we can have a TOCA fishing comp? =P and Maybe Trophies too =P

Just out for a bit of fun, I'm sure we can all learn from each other.

I'm not good at fishing either, but for some reason casting a line is quite addictive. :rolleyes:

Its only been one day since I put this thread up, so lets see how many keen fisherman we have here. I'll create a list of people that would be willing to participate so then we have some numbers to work with.

So far we have

Keen fishers

Me (suprathai)

Grey_Rolla

T.J

Maybe

GtiRboy

Thai

• 4 weeks later...
Just out for a bit of fun, I'm sure we can all learn from each other.

I'm not good at fishing either, but for some reason casting a line is quite addictive. :rolleyes:

Its only been one day since I put this thread up, so lets see how many keen fisherman we have here. I'll create a list of people that would be willing to participate so then we have some numbers to work with.

So far we have

Keen fishers

Me (suprathai)

Grey_Rolla

T.J

Maybe

GtiRboy

Thai

Hey i feel ya, i LOVE CASTING.. haha..

Dont really know how to fish but sounds like a great idea.

Something different :D

Im in until further notice YAY

• 1 month later...

hey hey any news when fishing trip will be ???

:D :D :D :D :D

anyways i could n't wait any longer :P went sunday morning at botany bay on the water by 4am we cought a 1 travaly 4 whiting this is legal size and put back 1 yellow tail 4 snapper which is under size

DSC00315-1.jpg

sorry only got one photo of the fish i cought my hands was to dirty at the time we caught the others

we were hoping for the kingies but they didnt come i think we were also at the wrong spot any ways ill try agian next time ;)

I'm cool if anyone is keen on proposing a date, don't go to ebay for rods and reels. As above K-Mart FTW.

I haven't been in quite a while, need a fishing fix soon lol.

ebay is ok if u find the good seller and the right price

i just bought a new rod on monday and i got it today perfect for breams and flaties :yahoo: :yahoo:

cant wait to go fishing again i might be going to botany this w/end if it clears up and hope to catch some kingies :spiteful: ??

post-1814-1202294653_thumb.jpg

I'm cool if anyone is keen on proposing a date, don't go to ebay for rods and reels. As above K-Mart FTW.

I haven't been in quite a while, need a fishing fix soon lol.

ebay is ok if u find the good seller and the right price

i just bought a new rod on monday and i got it today perfect for breams and flaties :yahoo: :yahoo:

cant wait to go fishing again i might be going to botany this w/end if it clears up and hope to catch some kingies :spiteful: ??

haha went to nelson bay on the weekend with a friends 6m boat and caught 4 kingies just under sized (legal is 65cm) and i mean by a centimetre or to so we ended up throwing them back. caught it off soft plastic so was great fun. then caught 3 dolphin fish. biggest one weighing in at just over 7kg and all caught on soft plastics aswell.. and also causht a 6.5kg snapper. also got a few tailor also. was a really good fishing trip.

Hows the 23rd of February sound to you guys?

Its on a saturday and apparantly there will be a monthly meet going on as that would be the last saturday for the month.

Opinions are welcome as to where we would fish and it would be good to know whereabouts everyone is from (not too detailed though), so we could possibly find a suitable location and try to get everyone on board.

UPDATED

have u found out if there are charters available for that day and if so how much?? the wife will swap shifts so shes off so i can go if u can find a reasonable priced charter boat. and whos definately in for the above date?