• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd calcuation

ODO = 977km, 1331km

Fill = 52.77L

Economy = 14.9L/100km

Figure gone up. So I checked tyre pressure.

There were about 225 for front and 215 for back.

I pumped them all to to 230 kPa.

CEO I am very envious.

On a slight tangent, has anyone else thought that the manual mode on the transmission is a bit of a disappointment because when you put in in 4, it is not like a true manual because it won't hold that gear. Instead you are simply limiting it to the 4 lowest gears. You can't try to change to a higher gear quicker.

Blinky I have never had this problem at all my mate has a magna sports that I found does exactly as you said hence i was hesitant in buying a car with a sequential but with the AurionI find it to be extremly responsive and it always goes to the gear i want it to....... Unless you are doing something really stupid like changing to first @ 100km/h :huh:

Hiya guys , ive been reading this whole thread, as im bout to buy a ZR Aurion( i really want a TRD one but cant see the misses liking the added price.)

Im not really worried bout the fuel usage,as i hav a ST184 celica with a 3SGTe in it , avgs bout 13-14 l/100kms, .

Is it fair to say that the Fuel Economy only gets better with driving and the kind of driving you do .?

Also is everyone happy with there Aurions.?, mates of mine all hav Falcons and holdens , and think im mad for getting "another Toyota"

But i think they are close to the best car for the money ,

Whats do u all think , sorry to hijack this thread,any extra info you can give me in regards to these cars would be helpful much so , as the salesman dont seem to know much :rolleyes:

Thanks guys

~Richie~

EVL,

I was in the same boat was looking at the holdens and glanced at the fords ( never liked them to heavy on juice from some of my mates experiences). Ended up witht he Aurion and have not been happier I have managed to get the fuel consumption down to 10.8/100km and only have 30,000 on the ODO. Have also smoked most of the V6 versions of the holden and fords which always makes you happy :D Just drive sensibly and you won't be dissappointed with consumption.. drive fast and you'll be impressed with speed win win if you ask me!!! ;)

i'm still thoroughly enjoying the power of my car... so after 1400kms, i still havent had a full tank of "normal" driving...

but in the days that i just drive to work and home in traffic, i've noticed the fuel consumption indicator showing roughly 11-11.6l/100km...

on average though, its sitting around 12.5-13l/100km...

i do have to say though....the trd is a REALLY thirsty car when you put your foot down... and yet really really fuel economical when you're just cruising around like a grandpa...

are the normal aurions like that as well?

Same with the normal Aurion mate!!! maybe not as bad as the TRD though :)

CEO I am very envious.

On a slight tangent, has anyone else thought that the manual mode on the transmission is a bit of a disappointment because when you put in in 4, it is not like a true manual because it won't hold that gear. Instead you are simply limiting it to the 4 lowest gears. You can't try to change to a higher gear quicker.

Blinky I have never had this problem at all my mate has a magna sports that I found does exactly as you said hence i was hesitant in buying a car with a sequential but with the AurionI find it to be extremly responsive and it always goes to the gear i want it to....... Unless you are doing something really stupid like changing to first @ 100km/h :huh:

I don't think you quite understand how the Aurion Sports mode works. First of all read the manual. It explains it.

Put in on 6 and it will use all the gears.

Put in on 5 and it will use gears 1-5.

Put in on 4 and it will use gears 1-4.

3 = gears 1-3 etc.

This is fine for accelerating off a start. You start off in 1 and move it to 2 when you want the Aurion to move to 2nd gear. The reason you control the gearing is that normally you do this when you are revving up the engine say to 4000-5000 rpm. Left to its own devices, the Auto would have already changed to 2nd gear but instead holds onto 1st gear because you have limited it by selecting 1. When you select 2, you finally allow it to move to 2nd gear. It just like the old old Auto transmissions. You know the one that had D, 3, 2, L. The Aurion transmission does the same.

If you choose 4 for example, the Auto will still choose the best gear of 1-4 but won't go above 4. Don't believe me, try this. Put the car in 4 and then drive and come to a complete stop. Then start off. You are in fact pulling in 1st gear even though it says 4.

Other sequential sports mode transmissions of which I only have experience of the Mazda 6, if you choose 4, you are in fact in 4th gear regardless of your speed. If you come to a complete stop or nearly a stop, you won't have enough power to pull off in 4th gear. This is just like a manual car. You can't pull off from 4th gear in a manual.

blinkybill is correct...

it gets VERY frusturating when it comes to driving "spiritedly" around a mountain...

when you want it to hold that gear, it doesnt... then when you've finished breaking and want to get on the gas, the auto has to think of what gear it needs...

quite disappointing really...

blinkybill is correct...

it gets VERY frusturating when it comes to driving "spiritedly" around a mountain...

when you want it to hold that gear, it doesnt... then when you've finished breaking and want to get on the gas, the auto has to think of what gear it needs...

quite disappointing really...

thats homo...

anyone tried left foot braking and keeping the right foot on the gas??? or would that confuse the ecu even more :P

i've tried it, and it works to a certain extent... but in saying that, i wouldnt want to be doing it often...

correct me if i'm wrong, but braking and accelerating at the same time would be like "stalling it up" when you're at a standstill... and thats not good for it at all...

but i could be completely off track here..

true true i wouldnt be doing it too often then hey - there is nothing like a manual!

but if u had a big trans cooler or a themostat driven one prolly would be ok?

stalling it up too much is bad yes as it cooks the oil.

true true i wouldnt be doing it too often then hey - there is nothing like a manual!

but if u had a big trans cooler or a themostat driven one prolly would be ok?

stalling it up too much is bad yes as it cooks the oil.

Correct. The torque converter is just a type of fluid coupling. Having the engine side running at a much faster speed than the driven side will create a bit of heat. If this was to be cooled well though, the harmful effects of cooking the transmission fluid would be reduced. From the sounds of things, the TRD is already one step ahead with a transmission cooler. Probably not sufficient for some serious thrashing, but it's bound to provide some advantage there.

i've just moved to a place which is close to my work.. so i'm doing 100% city driving now...

and its only about 10mins each way from home to work...

guess where my fuel economy is sitting now....................... 18ltrs/100kms... :(

hahahaha

i've just moved to a place which is close to my work.. so i'm doing 100% city driving now...

and its only about 10mins each way from home to work...

guess where my fuel economy is sitting now....................... 18ltrs/100kms... :(

hahahaha

its time to drive like a grandpa :P

I find my aurion to be very thirsty if I accelerate fast from standstill. If i drive like a maniac around city the economy is around 14-15L/100. If i drive like a granny then i tend to get around 10-11L/100. Not like you can drive fast in city traffic, only fast acceleration (which means hard breaking if something comes out unexpected).

I did a long bout of highway driving yesterday and got it down as low as 8.3, right now its sitting on 10.2, before I used to only drive in the city/urban areas and I averaged about 14/15.

It's funny how now with time, we are starting to see people who say with just city driving 20 min trips from suburb to suburb that they are averaging 14-15L/100km.

If that had been the case, when I started this thread I wouldn't have been too concerned something was wrong with my car.

I must say, I've learned a lesson about 6 cylinder cars and city driving.

Too bad with fuel prices the way they are, they are now saying when it comes time to offload your Commodore, Falcon, Aurion, 380, we'll all get next to nothing for them.

I did a long bout of highway driving yesterday and got it down as low as 8.3, right now its sitting on 10.2, before I used to only drive in the city/urban areas and I averaged about 14/15.

It's funny how now with time, we are starting to see people who say with just city driving 20 min trips from suburb to suburb that they are averaging 14-15L/100km.

If that had been the case, when I started this thread I wouldn't have been too concerned something was wrong with my car.

I must say, I've learned a lesson about 6 cylinder cars and city driving.

Too bad with fuel prices the way they are, they are now saying when it comes time to offload your Commodore, Falcon, Aurion, 380, we'll all get next to nothing for them.

I'm not surprised with a higher fuel consumption for driving with shorter trips and with less distance travelled. However I reckon that you may probably get a lower real life figure when you manually calculate it. As well, when you calculate it over multiple tanks, you can get a better average figure. But as 'Pumped' said, the dash display is good for providing comparison figures between each other and I reckon it's useful to gauge how hard you are driving it. It would just be interesting to see more realistic figures when you want to know what it is really costing to drive.

As for the whole 6 cylinder thing; you don't buy an Aurion to save on fuel costs. You buy it because it is a great car. I don't care that is costing me such and such per week in fuel. The car looks hot and is a pleasure to drive and that's all I care about :D

bike003.jpg

this is what my missus manged to get travellin around darwin city on a normal days driving, im stuffed if i can get les than 11l/100km but then again i drive it a little harshly :D :D :D :D

IMG_2933.jpg

i thought this was pretty good fuel economy considering

Edited by v8toy

This is the vehicles that I tried speeding in... lol :lol:

Tried 190km/hr in a Lexus IS200 2003 @ the stretch to Toowoomba

VERY STABLE

Tried 190km/hr in a TF Magna 1997 vanilla sort @ M1

Speedo limited to 190km/hr, it was scary really... not stable at all...

Tried 190km/hr in a BMW 318i 2002 @ the stretch to Toowoomba

VERY STABLE... but compared to the Lexus, its inferior... really...

Tried 160km/hr in Aurion coming back from Sydney

Stable, well not as stable as the Lexus coz its a Prodigy so suspension is relatively spongy...

Edited by Speedz

the Magna was vibrating like hell when I was flooring it ...!!!

shame it was speed limited but then again hahaa probably the car doesnt have the chassis or the suspension to cope past 200km/hr... <_<