Brisbane Meetup (Every Thursday 9pm)

For the record guys, i am not silly enough to lose my licence, i will be cutting back spendings and coming out to get the toys i want :P

Evo

You don't drive fast enough to lose your licence. :P

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For the record guys, i am not silly enough to lose my licence, i will be cutting back spendings and coming out to get the toys i want :P

Evo

ohhhh burrrrrnnnnnn!

Evo

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hows everyone doin? Looks like these meets are getting more and more elaborate, bloody aurion drivers :P jks

oops! i completely lost track of time last night... :ph34r:

i was playing cards with some mates and then next thing i know, its 11pm...

Daryl: sorry for the late msg last night man... i hope i didnt wake you up... :ph34r:

Daryl: sorry for the late msg last night man... i hope i didnt wake you up... :ph34r:

LOL. All good.We were just finishing up at Park Road after having some coffee.

Guys dinner will be next week at 7.30pm. Afterwards will be a nebo run weather permitting.

I will post up the event in the events section. I will need numbers so I can let the restaurant know.

just back on the note of the speed camera with daryl and me the other night.

guess what i recieved in the mail today..... :(

i had 1 point and the fine took 3 more...

Edited by ELEGNT

Firstly, from what I could see where I was, it actually surprises me how their camera snapped you. Either way, I guess that answers that question.

Secondly, when I dropped your shirt off for you when I returned from Melbourne, what was that you told me as you laughed when I mentioned about going into negative demerit points? Suck .... :P I guess we're in the same boat now.

I still haven't paid my fine yet (thanks to Victoria giving 6 weeks to pay). I'm not looking forward to paying it though cause then I will get the notice in the mail, and my good driving behaviour won't start till I submit that notice. I've been trying hard to get into the habit of not speeding, but I just can't seem to get there. I think I need like an electronic speed limiter or something.

... I've been trying hard to get into the habit of not speeding, but I just can't seem to get there. I think I need like an electronic speed limiter or something.

...Or a Yaris...

It's worked for me so far...

the thing is i was already on 1 pt before this, so that night thet ig ot the shirt i was in the same boat as you. im saying this is going to mean 3 months of not filling up the car

the thing is i was already on 1 pt before this, so that night thet ig ot the shirt i was in the same boat as you. im saying this is going to mean 3 months of not filling up the car

I thought you were on your last point... as in you only lost 3 points in the last year scenario. If that is the case, you will receive a letter once the fine is resolved to either suspend your license for 3 months, or to be on a good driving behaviour for one year. If you chose the good behaviour option, you are THEN given 2 points to live off for the following year. Lose one, you're still in the clear... lose 2, then say bye to your licence for 6 months.

... I've been trying hard to get into the habit of not speeding, but I just can't seem to get there. I think I need like an electronic speed limiter or something.

...Or a Yaris...

It's worked for me so far...

lol yaris is heaps easy to speed in....

Sorry Guys.. I won't be able to make it for dinner tomorrow due to my folks being over and will have to bring them out for dinner. Juz wondering if we could gather after dinner at the loop prior to the cruise.. :P

yeah I maybe in for the cruise... depends how i feel after work tomorrow night.

Its been talked about for a while,

but is it possible for us to organise the meets on a Friday night instead of a Thursday, and at an earlier time would be good :D

If it is on the Friday, i can guarantee that i would be out almost every week... Thursday is a bit hard, since i work in Burleigh the next day :o

What led to it being on a Thursday? Some of us need to get up early (such as Phil and myself) and its just too much when work is the next day...

What do we all think? can we pleeeeeeeeeeeeease change the meet-ups to Fridays?

And that way i am sure we can have bigger turnouts ;)

Evo

i would never be able to make friday night meets due to indoor soccer..

but thats just me...

i think the reason behind thursday nights is purely and simply because thursday nights has been the "cruising" night for years...

although there could be a different reason for TOCAU, maybe one of the older members could say why...

I vote to keep it on a Thursday. Having it on a Friday may reduce the turnout, or be one of those lose some, gain others scenario making it equal. At least on Thursday night, most people don't have much planned (I would expect) and on Friday, there is more chance of some other event happening.

I don't know the history of the 9pm Thursday idea. I would have just assumed it's because it's at the end of late night shopping so you would think people would still be up.