My 2zz N/A Project

I am officially entering the 2zz N/A horsepower race I certainly own a Japanese market (JDM) Toyota Runx/Allex and looking to get all i can out of it. Below is a list of my parts that are being installed to the car

Initial setup will be:

Engine-

TRD high compression pistons 13.1

Ported exhaust manifold

Injen cool air intake

Piper Cams stage 2

Fidanza flywheel

Special coated bearings

Circuitworx Oil Pump Gears

C-one Final Drive 4.7

TRD LSD

TRD Short Shifter

ARP Head Studs

ARP Flywheel bolts

ARP Main Bearing Bolts

ARP Connecting Rod Bolts

Stainless Steel Valves

MWR Valve Springs

TRD Clutch Kit

Port & Polish Head

TRD Tremosat

Aqua Mist Kit (Water Injection)

Oil Cooler

AEM Underdrive Pulley Kit

MWR Moroso Oil Pan

Crower Billet Connecting Rods

Interior Mods:

Oil Pressure Gauge

Oil Temp Gauge

Water Temp Gauge

ECU:

FC Datalogit Software

Apexi Power Fc

Suspension:

Cusco Front Lower Stress Bar

D2 Suspension

Brakes:

Wilwood Calipers

Steel Braided Brake Lines

Hawk Street Pads

Misc:

GReddy Oil Catch Can

TRD Front Strut Brace

Apexi Turbo Timer

post-3211-1198595178_thumb.jpg

Edited by Most Wanted

lookin for a little more somewhere round 200+ at de crank :rolleyes: car should be very aggressive though

has anyone got mods like these on the 2zz? would have to be a very rough estimate because you wouldn't really know unless you did it.. but sound about right i guess??

TRD Final Drive 4.7

Do you mean Kaaz or C-One?

As for the pistons you might have to make sure that the bores are within spec to fit the TRD pistons.

Otherwise good luck and have fun!

sorry made a mistake final drive is C-one

and as for the pistons they are a straight fit

Do you have someone familiar with tuning a Power Fc on a 2ZZ? Cause it is not a simple plug and play. Every car is different so you cannot simply use a base map off another car. As for what you are doing my guess at power would be roughly 135-145kw at the wheels depending on how good of a tuner you can get to set it up.

Yes Air con and Temp gauge is an issue as is a consistent idle. Cause Hitman doesn't care about idle does he Northy/ Xoom!!LOL

Do you have someone familiar with tuning a Power Fc on a 2ZZ? Cause it is not a simple plug and play. Every car is different so you cannot simply use a base map off another car. As for what you are doing my guess at power would be roughly 135-145kw at the wheels depending on how good of a tuner you can get to set it up.

Yes Air con and Temp gauge is an issue as is a consistent idle. Cause Hitman doesn't care about idle does he Northy/ Xoom!!LOL

nothing wrong with my idle now though :P :P :P :P :P

my guess would be that you would be looking at 150kw mark at the wheels ..... and it will have to be a happy rev'er as well ;) ;) ;) to take advantage of that power

do keep us updated.

lookin for a little more somewhere round 200+ at de crank :rolleyes: car should be very aggressive though

has anyone got mods like these on the 2zz? would have to be a very rough estimate because you wouldn't really know unless you did it.. but sound about right i guess??

We've got one stroked out to 2L in the garage ready to go into the racecar. We're running MoTec ECU.

Good to see some serious N/A mods on a road car!

TRD Final Drive 4.7

Do you mean Kaaz or C-One?

As for the pistons you might have to make sure that the bores are within spec to fit the TRD pistons.

Otherwise good luck and have fun!

Kaaz don't make a final drive, only a short ratio gear set.

ECU:

Apexi Power Fc

Only Power FC??

You might consider installing a GReddy V-manage ECU to optimize all mods and tune every single cylinder individually :spiteful:

an Apexi Power FC is a full replacement after market ECU ..... to the best of my knowledge the V-manage is only a piggy back thus requiring the stock ECU to be present and also will on work on ur valve timing .... nothing else ..... (http://www.jdm-option.com/eng/parts/07_01/vmanage.html ...... interesting that it also does dual VVti for those new corolla owners) so the V-manage will actually not provide anything anywhere near better than a power FC.

How about the Haltech or Xede interceptors.

very tunable units.

They work on Vtecs so why not give it a go on the 2zz

because no one wants to front the cash to be the r&d guinea pig pete .... simple as that ..... plus there isnt a lot of people who have worked their cars to the point where that sort of expense is actually required.

The power FC to a certain degree is plug and play .... however im also looking keenly at the hydra EMS as they seem to have come out with a corolla specific 2zz ecu and i wonder if that has more potential than a pfc as its only marginally more expensive.

How about the Haltech or Xede interceptors.

very tunable units.

They work on Vtecs so why not give it a go on the 2zz

because no one wants to front the cash to be the r&d guinea pig pete .... simple as that ..... plus there isnt a lot of people who have worked their cars to the point where that sort of expense is actually required.

The power FC to a certain degree is plug and play .... however im also looking keenly at the hydra EMS as they seem to have come out with a corolla specific 2zz ecu and i wonder if that has more potential than a pfc as its only marginally more expensive.

That is true hey.

Mmmm Hydra EMS sounds like Mr research has been at it again!! :spiteful:

I guess your biggest issue will be finding the time to play around with the hydra

what fuel are you hoping to use with the 13.1 comp pistons?

I was waiting for that. This was mentioned in that TRD 2ZZ upgrade kit thread if I recall.

Maybe Most Wanted lives in a place where 100 octane fuel is readily available, as he has a JDM RunX

I'm still under the belief that the goal posts have been set very high here. From what I have seen with those mods listed, you would be looking at less than 170ps atw. Especially seeing how you are using the pfc, the engine I saw with a motec made 130kw atw, and the motec is much better as it allows you to control in closed loop.

If you want to stay NA and be powerful, I would stroke it to 1933cc. Makes closer to 150kw atw, but the torque difference is massive.

Just my 2c

Just a little note.

Be careful with the selection of a standalone ECU for the 2ZZ-GE.

The Haltech, for example, can't handle the variable cam control. It can only switch from full retarded to full advanced cam timing not full control in between.

Not many can. The Motec M400/600/800 can.

Neil