Aurion issues

Hi,

I have December 2006 built Aurion Presara that has done 24,000 km. In the last 6-8 weeks I have satarted noticing number of rattle and squeak issue that were not there before.

1. With sunroof open rattle coming out from behind driver side B-Pillar, next to drivers right ear. Gets worse at higher speeds.

2. Number of different rattles and squeaks from dash, as if there is something loose?

3. At small inclines with engine at 1000 to 1200 rpm there is metallic rattle coming from engine bay.

4. Pulling into my driveway there is awful squeaking noise coming from the rear of the car as it is undergoing some twisting due to the slope of the driveway. I will have this looked after second week ob Jan when I visit my dealer.

If you have had any similar issue please advise as I would like to learn more about this issue before I go to see my dealer as dealers can be very reluctant to find any faults. I have owned Toyotas in the past and never had any issue with them. So I am wondering if Toyota is slipping in quality / reliability areas due to rapid expansion globally and in Australia. These issues are not serious in terms of vehicle operation / safety but ARE very annoying and constant. Unless they are rectified promptly by the dealer I will consider switching to either Honda or Subaru by April next year. Any advise on the above are greatly appreciated.

I'd say we'll be hearing more of this from Aurior owners in the future.

You bought a car built in Australia, so you suffer the same build-quality consequences as every Commodore or Falcon driver.

It's the Toyotas built in Japan that have the reputation for outstanding quality. Just ask Corolla Sportivo drivers (built in South Africa).

*Sure you could buy Honda or Subaru, just make sure you get a Jap-built one, keeping in mind Honda has shifted most of its production to Thailand

Edited by Tayles

I'd say we'll be hearing more of this from Aurior owners in the future.

You bought a car built in Australia, so you suffer the same build-quality consequences as every Commodore or Falcon driver.

It's the Toyotas built in Japan that have the reputation for outstanding quality. Just ask Corolla Sportivo drivers (built in South Africa).

*Sure you could buy Honda or Subaru, just make sure you get a Jap-built one, keeping in mind Honda has shifted most of its production to Thailand

Thanks, come to think ... my other toyotas were built in Japan. I have just checked on Red Book web site, so it could be just the fact that it is manufactured in aus?

3. At small inclines with engine at 1000 to 1200 rpm there is metallic rattle coming from engine bay.

im probably guessing thats a loose screw or bolt..or maybe its one of the brackets holding the exhaust system...has the car scrapped the ground ever?? just like anything its probably best to see your mechanic...but considering its a new car i would go straight to the toyota dealers and get them to check it out for you...

Edited by wishbone

(Stating an opinion here) My thinking is that Australian build quality is poor regardless of brand...

Mitsu 380 and Toyota Aurion will probably share the same sort of issues that Commodore and Falcon have experienced as the years go by. Problem is there are no 10 year old Aurions going around :D

All the niggly little annoying problems you said are indicators of poor build quality.

im probably guessing thats a loose screw or bolt..or maybe its one of the brackets holding the exhaust system...has the car scrapped the ground ever?? just like anything its probably best to see your mechanic...but considering its a new car i would go straight to the toyota dealers and get them to check it out for you...

No, i am very conservative driver and my car has always been looked after and driven with care ( i have evo VIII that i use for spiretd driving ;) )

Yeah i get some tuk tuk tuk noise around the low revs at low speeds as well, gets annoying, had a look but with a tight engine bay it put me off going any further.

and now the rear plastic speaker shelf is making squeeks when the car goes over some bumpy roads... :angry:

I'll have to get Toyota to look at it...

As I've mentioned before Toyota has slipped in quality over the last couple of years. They have grown so quickly over the years, that quality has been left behind. You can google it. I still maintain that Toyota cars are a lot better in quality than many other brands. Even the likes of Volkswagon have quality issues. We all hope that are Aurions last for many years to come as they are very nice cars.

I also have a couple of issues that I will be getting the dealership to look at. :(

well presara at least we know now it isnt just your aurion...awww but i thought aurion was suppsd to have been built well :( and i was gonna save up and buy the first gen aurions when i had enough money....yeah i think silver and tayles are spot on...i got a 95 camry and havent had any major problems as yet...got one now coz of an accident i had early on...bt thts my fault...lol...nevertheless AURION still leaves FORD and HOLDEN eating dust

Edited by wishbone

My Zr6 is my 12th Car. I've had a lot of fords, subaru's and a nissan.

Ford are definately bottom of the bunch in terms of build quality and after sales service.

Subaru are leaders in terms of warranty service, however i wouldn't rate their cars as being more reliable than my Aurion.

Each brand has some bad examples. My Aurion after 20,000km is the most reliable car i have ever owned. Nothing has failed.

My $60k spec B liberty which i sold to buy the Aurion was on its third engine after 55,000km, thanks to an issue in the design of the 3litre engine. The car had numerous other little faults includng an anoying click from the front and rear windscreens that took 2 years to fix. That changed my opinion of Subaru quality dramatically. Resale wasn't that great either.

On the other hand we still have an 06 Outback for my Wife and its just as flawless as the Aurion.

Never had a good ford (5 falcons in the last 10 years). Not one didn't have problems.

Its probably all more so on the batches, perhaps some people get cars from a good batch where assembly may be more careful e.g. earlier in the day perhaps than compared to the end of working day batches where people tend to be more slacker and want to go home asap.

and given Aussie culture is like that in contrast with japanese labour culture, you probably can see why anything built in Japan is expected to be more reliable etc, same goes with camera's TV's etc.

Its probably all more so on the batches, perhaps some people get cars from a good batch where assembly may be more careful e.g. earlier in the day perhaps than compared to the end of working day batches where people tend to be more slacker and want to go home asap.

and given Aussie culture is like that in contrast with japanese labour culture, you probably can see why anything built in Japan is expected to be more reliable etc, same goes with camera's TV's etc.

So we shoule not buy australian made products? or force force OEMs to change mentality of their work force?

So we shoule not buy australian made products? or force force OEMs to change mentality of their work force?

A lot of the quality has got to do with the design, eg. how easy is it to assemble, etc. These days, there are so much more automation that where a product is manufactured wouldn't have that much influence on the end product's quality as much as before.

On a side note, my fiance's sister has a 1993 BMW 5 series. It has so much squeeks and rattles, it's not funny! On a flip side, my 10 year old magna (Aussie made) has no where near the amount of squeeks and rattles.

Quality of Aussie cars have come along way.

I have satarted noticing number of rattle and squeak issue that were not there before.

Join the club! Aurion's are poorly built cars - period. Rattles and squeaks? Welcome to the Aurion!

Edited by BlueAurionSX6

I have satarted noticing number of rattle and squeak issue that were not there before.

Join the club! Aurion's are poorly built cars - period. Rattles and squeaks? Welcome to the Aurion!

Why did you buy such a poorly built car then?

It's your fault to drive off in a car your not happy with! You check a car on pickup, and if its not up to your standards, you simply give them the keys back before even puting them back in the ignition.

It's your fault to drive off in a car your not happy with! You check a car on pickup, and if its not up to your standards, you simply give them the keys back before even puting them back in the ignition.

You must be blind or outright stupid. Read all my posts here and my blog. I drove out the driveway and took it straight back and Jarvis refused to accept the car is a lemon! I am still trying to get the car replaced after 3 months.

Next time please read with your eyes, not your **** ring.

You must be blind or outright stupid. Read all my posts here and my blog. I drove out the driveway and took it straight back and Jarvis refused to accept the car is a lemon! I am still trying to get the car replaced after 3 months.

You put the keys on the ground in front of the salesman and walk off. Simple as that...

Your an idiot for even taking it out of the yard, you inspect a car on pickup, and accept if your happy, if not you don't pay them.

Your the stupid one, and now your trying to cover it up.

Haha, thats one way lol, I dont think you can change anything here... its the fact that the 'fair-go' mentality gives that leniency in workplaces in Australia. Its not a bad thing as it promotes practices that protects our workers because every worker should be treated fairly regardless what industry you are in, its just that this may sacrifice in work output such as quality at times...

In Japan / Korea, you slack off they'll kickyou out as simple as that, here we have unfair dismissal laws, Unions etc that which deters Employers to be the Slave-driver type. Basically Japan/Korea their traditions and culture is based on hardwork/honour which accepts the superlong hrs and slavedriving type management etc...

Edited by AcoustiK

You put the keys on the ground in front of the salesman and walk off. Simple as that...

Your an idiot for even taking it out of the yard, you inspect a car on pickup, and accept if your happy, if not you don't pay them.

Your the stupid one, and now your trying to cover it up.

Mate, what do you think Jarvis will do, swap him with a new car just like that???, i dont think so... they'll just cover it up by quick fixes. The fact that after the car is driven out from the dealer more problems happened, and thru warranty he is trying to get it fixed, but its never being properly fixed hence a lemon. Also you have already given a deposit so basically Blue would be on the backfoot already.

Also, this is not a second hand car we are talking about. the fact is, a NEW car with warranty it should go out like a NEW car, with the fact it is a Toyota, people would not be expected to do some sort of 100point check before driving it out from the dealer and any minor problems can be dealt with the warranty fix up.

mate, Next time you walk somewhere at night and get mugged i'll call you the stupid one for not checking the area for muggers first.

You NEVER accept an item your not happy with. You simply tell them you want it fixed to a high standard. You come back to find it done, you check it,you drive it round the block, if it's not you give them the keys back.

If its not visible on pickup and you find it within a few weeks you simpyl do this:

A mate of mine bought a Volkswagen Toureag. There a ridicuosly overpriced car. Within a week of recieveing it he had many problems with it. Simply took it back, they refused to do anything, so he left it on the driveway of the dealership. If they do nothing, simply take them to court, you'd have a much stronger case.

A month later, yes it takes time, he recieved a NEW V8 (He had a V6) model. A whole new car.

You NEVER accept an item your not happy with. You simply tell them you want it fixed to a high standard. You come back to find it done, you check it,you drive it round the block, if it's not you give them the keys back.

If its not visible on pickup and you find it within a few weeks you simpyl do this:

A mate of mine bought a Volkswagen Toureag. There a ridicuosly overpriced car. Within a week of recieveing it he had many problems with it. Simply took it back, they refused to do anything, so he left it on the driveway of the dealership. If they do nothing, simply take them to court, you'd have a much stronger case.

A month later, yes it takes time, he recieved a NEW V8 (He had a V6) model. A whole new car.

You have to be joking. Do you think that ppl in the forum are idiots. Can you aford to be without a car for a month? Beside what do you do if issues start popping up after 12 months or so?

You NEVER accept an item your not happy with. You simply tell them you want it fixed to a high standard.

You are simply a tool. WTF do you think i did? According to your wisdom you buy a BRAND NEW car, look at it or don't even drive it, look into the crystal ball to see if it has rattles, squeaks and mechanical problems and reject it there and then. I want me one of those crystal balls you have please.

As i and others have said, the car has been returned some 13 times now and each time i have told them to fix it to "perfection" but the dealers cannot seem to be able to fix it. Next you say, throw the keys down in front of them.... Nice one, they already have my money and my car, needless to say i will need to walk home.

Perhaps next time i buy a car i will come over to you and bring you with me so you can share some of your wisdom and i'll borrow your crystal ball.

You NEVER accept an item your not happy with. You simply tell them you want it fixed to a high standard.

You are simply a tool. WTF do you think i did? According to your wisdom you buy a BRAND NEW car, look at it or don't even drive it, look into the crystal ball to see if it has rattles, squeaks and mechanical problems and reject it there and then. I want me one of those crystal balls you have please.

As i and others have said, the car has been returned some 13 times now and each time i have told them to fix it to "perfection" but the dealers cannot seem to be able to fix it. Next you say, throw the keys down in front of them.... Nice one, they already have my money and my car, needless to say i will need to walk home.

Perhaps next time i buy a car i will come over to you and bring you with me so you can share some of your wisdom and i'll borrow your crystal ball.

Would be more then happy to!

You have to be joking. Do you think that ppl in the forum are idiots. Can you aford to be without a car for a month? Beside what do you do if issues start popping up after 12 months or so?

Like anything with warranty?