Lambda sensor

Hey people just a quick question here for you?? Has any of you bypassed the lambda sensor on the exhaust or tempted to bypass it? As i would like to remove the catylst converter to increase my BHP, I believe it has one before and one after the catylst converter?

well the lambda sensors measure unburnt fuel levels in the exhaust gas if they dont work the efi has no way to tell what ratio to mix the fuel at and may well go into limp mode or run at a pre set level as a backup program rooted into the ecu.

you could always try it take a quick run in it with them off and see if it improves but your have to reset the ecu to clear the resulting fault code

Engine won't run much different, just rich or lean, ecu will know that it's gone but it'll think it's broken and will report an efi flashing code.

It's also illegal to remove a cat converter unless the car's never touching the road again. A higher flow cat will help improve hp, but sack torque in the process. Afermarket spark and injection is your best route for more power from these engines.

Engine won't run much different, just rich or lean, ecu will know that it's gone but it'll think it's broken and will report an efi flashing code.

It's also illegal to remove a cat converter unless the car's never touching the road again. A higher flow cat will help improve hp, but sack torque in the process. Afermarket spark and injection is your best route for more power from these engines.

Thanks for the info....Could you tell me what injectors to get or how i would go about getting info on them? Model number? Brand etc as i am not clued up on these kind of mods? Thanks

well the lambda sensors measure unburnt fuel levels in the exhaust gas if they dont work the efi has no way to tell what ratio to mix the fuel at and may well go into limp mode or run at a pre set level as a backup program rooted into the ecu.

you could always try it take a quick run in it with them off and see if it improves but your have to reset the ecu to clear the resulting fault code

A few of my friends have got the Honda integra and the Civic Si and they have removed the catalyst converters and have had a good increase of power but they only have one sensor where as we have 2, is there a way round this? Do you know where i could purchase a header for my car? Even from you town I could pay for shipping. Thanks

What car you got btw??

Modern day cat converters are quite free flowing, with close to zero restriction. Most of the restiction that comes from an exhaust is from the pipe diameter, not really the packing that it holds.

Better off saving your money and maybe getting your headers ported.